Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 

Switching Barns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
quarterhorse123

PostSubject: Switching Barns    Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:25 am

The barn that I currently bored at has 24hr turnout , a really small outdoor and no indoor we can barely ride in the winter and its really high up so its really windy at my barn . My 16 year old quarter horse mare has arthritis , and I am thinking aout moving her to a barn were they have a indoor , huge outdoor and a extra other arena . But the problem is they turn the horses out at 7am-3pm in the winter and in the summer until 5pm. My concern is that her arthritis might get worse from being in a stall more , but she is on a supplement and would be getting worked regularly . Especially more in the winter months then she is now . My question is if you were me what would you do ? If I did move her do you think her arthritis would get worse ? I am really nervous about making the wrong decision .
Back to top Go down
Becca

PostSubject: Re: Switching Barns    Fri May 10, 2013 1:52 pm

If she's being worked she should be fine! Just keep an eye to her and make sure she's comfortable and happy.
Back to top Go down

Switching Barns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1