Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kentucky Derby

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:36 am

A 50 to 1 shot wins the Derby...........he cost $9,500.00.......he was driven for 16 hours in a trailer with his owner/trainer with a broken leg on crutches to the race.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........now Hollywood couldn't have written it better.... :h1.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sooke

Sooke

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:56 am

It was amazing! And the jockey Calvin something was a joy to watch in his enthusiasm. But a question...Is it wrong to be drooling over the lead horses rather than the racers? There was the nicest appy... :D
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:10 am

yes, I did notice him!!!!!!!!!! what spots and a huge neck.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
charlo

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:21 am

Awesome race...

My fav moment was when the trainer threw away his crutches and hugged the jockey...tres cool :D

Quote :
A Sovereign Award winner as Canada's top two-year-old, won three stakes races at Woodbine last summer when he was trained and owned by Mississauga's Dave Cotey.

A gelding that cost a mere $9,500 U.S., is now the winner of America's biggest race, capturing first prize from the $2.2 million purse in front of a stunned crowd at the famed track.
Quote :
Wolley a former rodeo rider turned thoroughbred trainer, paid credit to Cotey in the Churchill Downs winner's circle.

“A guy named Dave Cotey in Canada is the guy who really qualified this horse to be here,” Wolley said. “He deserves a lot of the credit and deserves to be here.”

Cotey watched the race at Woodbine with friends and was understandably ecstatic.

“I am so happy for him,” Cotey said. “I’m ecstatic. I’d love to be down there to give him a big kiss.”

He is a Canadian pony... :cheers: And it was nice of the trainer to mention him.
Wonderful story through and through.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:50 am

aww I missed it because my baby was sick!..
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:32 am

I just watched the race on YOU TUBE....holy lord lifting....Great job....He came out of nowhere on the inside...Nice to see an underdog take it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kentucky Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky Derby   Kentucky Derby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Derby
Page 1 of 1