Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOD DAMN THEM ALL

Go down 
+3
C4B's
Wissy
just joan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:52 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started out a fabulous day, and for the first time in my life EVER i was not ready....I was still pulling my knickers on when C4B comes up the drive. We are off and galloping up the road sos not to be late to pick up Wissy, our GUIDE for the morning.Not another vehicle in sight, the sun starts to come up and all was right with the world............we're going to get a trailer.......OMG,,,,,,anyway, we are early, waiting for Wissy, I call the guy and tell him we are in Truro,,,,,we zip over there.........and crawl all over the trailer......pictures were worth a thousand words and it was a truism............LOVED IT......C4B of course pretended to have to pee.......so it was a half hour later she emerged from this huge mansion that is up for sale around 822,000 I kid you not............anyway pay the man, carol backs up just the once.......we are spot on......I take a little ride inside just to make sure.....and all is right with the world.
I always find it amazing how many people you see and meet at these shindigs......I'm pretty sure that Saturday Morning must have been a two for one deal for folks from Cape Breton because THEY WERE ALL THERE.........along of course with some of our board members I'd never met in person.......we were all having such a great time. trying things on and ordering stuff from Kevin. Carol go a lovely black felt hat that was steamed by Kevin of Northstream to accentuate her lovely eyes...........I ordered a purple safety vest and purple helmet along with a pro choice aire ride charmayne james barrel racing pad in purple..........BUT NO SADDLES.........NONE.........ZIP, .........NADA.....I had been hoping to measure gullet sizes so I could find one for the no withered BUCK.....Guess I will have to wait till Can Am............anyway, we are doing good and laughiing and hugging all manner of peoples............almost picked me up a new fella waiting in line at the chip wagon......but he didnt have any real money so I had to leave him in the dirt..............so Wissy and I go for a potty break......there are only 3 ladies stalls in the whole place......we walk in, Wissy is about to close her door when it came out of the hinges and was going to smash me in the face........so naturally, I put my hand up........shit......it came crashing down, good job Wissy was still holding on to the handle......my hand immediately swole up and was real red and quite fn sore.....I'm standing trying not to cry....Unfortuneatly, the red cross guys in attendance did not have anything they could help me with and suggested I puchase a frozen bag of peas..........THANKS GUYS.............we go to the sale barn,,,,Now, just because we have a trailer, does not mean we can fill it the first day we get it...........we are in the middle of taking down fences, and building C4B a barn....we are scrambling every day depending onwater weather how to handle the 4 we have, so we promised we would not bring home any more 4 legged friends. I had been deliberately ignoring the sale barn, as I know Carol and she would just have to save everything that needed help. So of course to my dismay, there are many that fit that criteria. I'm begging her not to touch them as I am sure no one has given them any vaccs or even looked at them in a long time. There are minis, donkeys, a little filly with a hole in her belly, mud fever, a gelding with some sort of deformity on his neck a real crossection of poor and neglected creatures that surely had been sentenced to a meat truck. None of those had hay or water. On the other side however, were many local famers milling around.......their stock looked in good shape and well fed, they also had story boards regarding those up for sale.......they all had food and water.
Carol was trying to do some Reiki through the screen for the little mare with the hole......we were all standing crying, it was way to much to endure....we asked if there was a vet present and we were told not.
Had any of us been aware that this was they TYPE OF AUCTION that ponies needed saving, we could have come prepared to take some home......we could have made arrangements of some sort had we known......but I am pretty sure not all would have made the trip,,,,,,,and we would have no way of knowing what diseases etc we would have been arriving home with. I am positive that this is not the end of it........I am sure that we will bring enough attention to this mess, that someone will be held accountable and perhaps get it fixed :devil5.gif: :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:20 am

Those poor poor critters.. I'm upset again just reading Joan's words.. What started out as a perfect day all the way around left everyone with aches in their hearts.. My question is not only what were these poor creatures doing at a horse fair, but who are the owners.. is there something wrong with their minds to keep an animal in such condition.. Many we should sprinkle them with lice, withhold their food and water, give only enough to barely sustain their sad disgusting lives.. :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:55 am

Someone will have to answer i have written 4 e-mails now, i have sent 1 to the Chronicle herald (letters to the editor, not published today but will keep looking), i to the organizers of the fair, i to the SPCA and i to rocking horse ranch and rehad to see if she can advise me on where to go next.

My heart still aches from sat, and SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE FOR THESE POOR CREATURES.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:53 am

I got the name of the fair organizer for you C4B but looks like you already have it covered. Thanks for speaking up. In retrospect we should have called the SPCA right then and there. I doubt they would have come, our SPCA is a joke at times but atleast we could have tried.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks Cinderella.

If i dont hear back from the e-mail i sent, i will have the name off you.
I feel so bad i didn't do anything for them like get them hay / water, i think it must've been the shock, i have not slept well since and i always sleep like the dead, i really want to keep going with this, there are enough horse lovers out there, WE CAN MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Quote :
I feel so bad i didn't do anything for them like get them hay / water, i think it must've been the shock, i have not slept well
Its not your fault girls. I've been calling the SPCA about a farm close to me. The horses are skin and bones....no meat on their bodies, just bones, they have black/mouldy hay and no shelter. The SPCA won't do anything! I called again today after reading your post because I started feeling super guilty again. When I called, the local rep told me should couldn't do anything :evil: 😢. To quote her, "they have to be pretty bad for us to do anything". She informed me that she didn't even take the vet with her the last time she inspected and that she visited this farm 2 years ago and they couldn't do anything!!! Two YEARS ago! At least take the vet again now! What do I do now?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:59 pm

ummm buy a gun? :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm

There were definitely some sorry looking horses there, and I for one am glad that their previous owners have given them a slim chance at a better life - the condition of many of their hooves was appalling to say the least! Poor buggers...

But... (and this is no excuse, merely an observation and educated guess) - I too thought the haflinger (who turned out to be a stallion BTW) had a deformed neck, but giving it more thought before we left the auction, I think instead at some point he was likely morbidly obese and coupled with a cresty neck from being a stud, this is what we all saw as some oddly crooked neck. To reassure myself, I googled it today and found this pic of a very obese donkey :

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Nutrition2

from http://www.ecmagazine.net/winter0708/donkeynutrition.htm

Still, I was very saddened to see so many sad cases, but again, glad that at least their owners gave them a semblance at a chance at a new home vs keeping them hidden in some dank, dark stall till they deteriorated even further - we do not know what circumstances these people have fallen on.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm

no Semi, we do not know the circumstances these owners fell upon, there seems many of them.. I do know one thing I would make sure my boy had a home the minute I could not provide for him.. that I do know!!!!!!!!!! He would not suffer because of me..
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm

I hear you - and there are WAY too many of them! Truly sad thing is, these guys were in better shape compared to some that go through on Thursdays at the Truro Sale Barn... Personally, I'd give my guys away before I let them get to that point and I'd make damn sure they went to good homes!!!

It is, no bones about it, absolutely heart breaking any way you want to look at it.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:45 pm

I heard first hand this afternoon that the Chronicle Herald contacted the organizers today about the auction. Their response was that they had nothing to do with that horse auction. Bullshit! It was advertised as part of the horse fair.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm going to find that.. which I have at home and fax it over to them.. god dam them all to hell..
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:08 pm

some people should be shot, I stay away from places like that, because Im afraid to get in a fight with someone or see something that would bother me for a long time.... joan, try to think of your pets and how well off they are, Think about how well cared for they are .... those poor animals must of been afraid..that breaks my heart..
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:22 pm

well Bay-lee I'm not sure what went on there.. we were all walking around like in a daze.. I'm not sure we knew what to do at the time.. CB4 is sure doing something now.. Me and I know Joan and not quiet about things.. I usually spill out how I feel regardless.. everyone knows I don't hold back.. I say it as it is.. and this time I didn't for some very strange reason.. not sure what I was doing.. I'm not sure what anyone was thinking or doing.. I do know not one of us had dry eyes.. it was weird..
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:56 pm

well Wissy you were probably in shock, you were a witness to animal abuse, but im glad that you and the others are doing something about it.. Someone has to stand up for those horses, so good for you and the others for taking charge..
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:54 pm

We are all decent caring people who love our horses and we would rather feed our animals than our-selves if we had too!!!!! I think some people may have looked around and glanced in each stool and saw the surface horses a little bit skinny and not brushed, but some of us saw the horror and studied the pain and that is why we are suffering still, if i had been prepared to see horrors i would have still looked but maybe would have been a bit protected because i was expecting and would have be instantly ready to fight for them.

AND FIGHT WE MUST, they cannot fight for them-selves, and if the could cry there would be world out-rage, but they can't so we must cry for them and fight long and hard for them as they work long and hard for us.

I am not usually very good at stuff like this and i do not write good letters so would really appriciate ALL help, ideas , shoulder to cry on, jokes to make me laugh, and thank god i have joan to take me riding on my pony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOD DAMN THEM ALL Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD DAMN THEM ALL   GOD DAMN THEM ALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOD DAMN THEM ALL
Page 1 of 1