Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Job.......

Go down 
+4
Wissy
D-Cutch
just joan
Caper Cowgirl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:22 pm

As some of you know I quit my job at the Truro the first of March...the commute alone was enough to make you will...1hr each way and 12hr shifts...it was killing me

I start my new job tomorrow in Sackville as a Physio Therapy Aid

I am super excited about a Mon-Fri dayshift position...No more shift work and no more weekends....Another bonus that many take for granted is NO MORE HOLIDAYS...I already know I will be home with my family on Christmas for the first time in many years...Such a welcome change to my life

Fingers crossed I like my new job...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Wooooo HOOOOOOOoooo good for you :D
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks Joan...its less money...but that also means less deductions and loads of savings on the commute
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Congrats on the new position :)

I know how horrible a long commute is... it seems to suck everything out of a person... tired when you leave, tried when you get home, and recovering during time off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:05 pm

Congrats on the new job Jo.. you'll like it for sure.. anything has to be better than what you were doing right? Look how close you will be from home.. yay! Post on how your first day is ok.. and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm

Will do...

I live in Hammonds Plains so its only about a 10min drive....
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Congrats on the new job, Jo! Can't blame ya for packing it in at the old place, 12 hour shifts alone would be crazy, can't imagine commuting an hour each way on top of that!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am

Congrats Girl Have a Great First Day!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 am

Woohoo good for you!!
I hear ya on the 12 hour shifts. I'm heading in for nights tonight. I only have a 35 min drive. I couldn't have done 1 hr.
I'm away from the house for 13 3/4 hours as it is.
Weekends and holidays off too. Enjoy CC :D
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Well the first day is over...I never had a 2 minute break until after 2pm....WOWZERS....It took 2 hrs to eat lunch...Can you say grazing...Note to self do not bring anything for lunch that needs warming...Or it will be cold anyways...

I can't say I was very struck on the job....But I am gonna give it my all and see how it works...I keep thinking evenings home, weekends off....
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:02 pm

I hope that the new job works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm

maybe it will grow on you Jo, and yes nights home and weekends.. and easy commute.. gotta love that part.. and it's something right now, maybe keep looking for something else too..
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:17 pm

Time will tell..Next week I might love it...Who knows..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 am

just make yourself a MANTRA............home nights, weekends off,....home nights, weekends off........say it enough times and the day will be over and you might actually start enjoying it..........one day sure as hell isnt enough time to figure it out......maybe some hunk will show up today......... :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:59 am

Well keep at it girl!!!
Maybe today will be better...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:13 pm

TGIF is all I can say...TGIF
I dread Monday..Cause I have to go back...OMG I so don't like my new job...I love the hours...but I really really really don't like the job...Its torture... :http://www.cli

I got to get out first thing tomorrow and buy a winning lottery ticket...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:34 pm

oh Jo that sucks.. maybe with a bit more time.. if not start looking for something else.. I worked on the portable toilet desk all this week covering for someone vacation, let me tell ya.. I know what it is to hate a job.. thankfully for me it's over today.. and back to my regular job Monday.. I think I could have gone Postal.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Job....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job.......   New Job....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Job.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hats By Sue :: General Topics :: Bert's Diner -for everyday conversations around the coffee pot.-
Jump to: