Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Western Saddles

Go down 
+3
Wissy
Lightning
D-Cutch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Two Western Saddles Empty
PostSubject: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:28 am

#1 - Reinsman, Flex Tree, 16 inch - only had about 12 rides in it... here is a picture from the catalogue but other than having some mud on the stirrups mine look pretty much the same (always stored in a bag) Price $1250

Two Western Saddles 4130m

#2 - Hereford 16 inch - really really rugged saddle. In great shape... Price $750

Two Western Saddles IMG_0683

Two Western Saddles IMG_0682

Two Western Saddles IMG_0684

Two Western Saddles IMG_0681

Last edited by D-Cutch on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:37 am

Okay I've got a dumb question. Where it's a flex-tree would it fit from semi to full QH bars?
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 am

I am not 100% sure on my answer and someone is more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong...

The flex tree doesn't change the size of the tree but makes the ride more comfortable for the rider and more comfortable for the horse... It moves or flexes with the horse's movement...

Riding in this saddle is like riding in a Cadillac as opposed to a 1992 Dodge (LOL no offense to anyone - we use to own one so I know how horrible bumpy they are 8))
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 am

I've got another saddle here too... a 15 inch Alamo that I can get some pictures of if someone is interested its an $1100 saddle new and has seem maybe 4-5 rides but I'll entertain offers...

ETA - if anyone is wondering why we have all these "hardly" used saddles it's because my husband is trying to find a new one he likes but since he likes to ride on a saddle as hard and flat as a board they just don't quite come like that anymore... so he tries them for a week or so and then decides they aren't working out...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:10 am

umm I was thinking of selling my custom saddle, but first I have to find one that fits Gunnar before I sell it.. I find my custom is so heavy, I took it to Joan's on the weekend and lifting up on her Buck darn near gave me a hernia.. lol.. putting it on Gunnar isn't so bad but dragging the sucker around is getting harder and harder every year..
D I like the flex tree one.. they are nice saddles..
Back to top Go down
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 am

D-cutch
You are right.. The Flex tree makes a proper fitting saddle more comfortable for the horse and rider But does not make an ill fitting saddle fit any better.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Lightning. I have a tex tan flextree and it fits my very hard to fit horse prefectly I actually have both my western and english saddles with a flex tree as they seem to be the only thing that fits his fat shoulders and high wither lol.
Back to top Go down
sky

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 am

I have a reinsman flex tree saddle, and I love it. Pollocks reinsman for sale is a really good deal. That saddle retails for $1700.00 us new plus tax. I highly recommond that saddle to anyone who is in need.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:35 am

What sort of saddle is the Alamo?
Back to top Go down
sky

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am

Alamo is another good saddle. Full quarter horse bars, and pretty good leather.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 am

Glenn and I both liked the Alamo because of how rugged it is but it was too small for me and too high a back for Glenn so it's got to go...

Needs to be oiled because it wasn't in a bag this winter but other than that still a very new saddle.

Two Western Saddles IMG_0687

Two Western Saddles IMG_0688

Two Western Saddles IMG_0689
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Western Saddles   Two Western Saddles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Western Saddles
Page 1 of 1