Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Empty
PostSubject: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:05 am

This week I am in Toronto doing some training for work and tonight I went to Woodbine race track to watch the Thoroughbreds run. Man they are AMAZING horses. I want one!!!!

Two girls from my training class came with me and we had a great time. It was there first time ever going to see horses race. This was my second time at Woodbine and I really enjoyed it. You can get really close to the horses and jockeys. Most of the races were young fillies and mares that have never won a race or the first start of the year.

I got to talk to a trainer and ask him a few questions. Like do they run horses barefoot? If you have ever looked at a race program it list the equipment changes for a particular horse. Well one horse was listed as barefoot. The trainer said yaw a few trainers go run there horses barefoot on the poly track.

At the end of the night I started talking to this guy that works for the track, he is in charge of the track surfaces and stuff like that. I asked him about the 'dirt' tack and he told me that it is not longer just dirt, it is synthetic. He said that he would take me out to see the track after the last race. So once the horses crossed the finish line out we went. It is really neat to be standing out there with some of the top Canadian jockeys walking by. The poly track is really neat. It is made of recycled carpet, rubber, wax and sand. It prevents injuries, because it absorbs the impact of the running horse.

Yup, so it was a great night. I could really get addicted to the whole Thoroughbred racing. Maybe I could become a jockey... I would only have to lose 70lbs and shrink about 2 feet....

Jockeys are so small. I was explaining to the girls I was with how much some of the top jockeys made so far this year. Patrick Husbands made almost $3 million this year and Chantal Sutherland is almost at $2 million. That is a job they can have...

Yaw so if you are in Toronto, check out Woodbine. I had a great night!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 am

I love Woodbine........especially Queens Plate day............sitting up high in the stands almost touching the ever landing planes........yikes.........but its nice that Standardbreds get the chance to run there also........so you can see both.......it definately is an awesome place. good for you
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:30 am

I'd love to be there to see if any of them remember my mare from when she raced there, (Explosive Amy) she ran 44 races about 40 of them were at Woodbine some were $50,000 races so she was quite high up there. She raced for Reade Baker, George Farr and Molinaro stables. Husbands was her main jockey, she had 3 foals of which 2 are racing age and one is supposed to be running at Woodbine.
here's a pic of my ex-Woodbine mare Amy, even at 12 yrs old she still has that TB fire :)
Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! 4623_213751235191_512275191_7382428_6217437_n
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Very exciting!! Thanks for sharing the news things you learned... I knew our old carpets were good for something lol!

OT - You coming penning at all this summer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:19 pm

I don't know if I will be going to any pennings. Tramp won't fit into the back seat of the Jetta... Are there any pennings at your place?

That is so neat lb that your mare was ridden by Husbands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!   Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rave- Woodbine Tb racing!!!
Page 1 of 1