Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrible day for Petey:(

Go down 
+5
C4B's
Wissy
Simi
SexyDexy
GeneralLee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

Terrible day for Petey:( Empty
PostSubject: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 pm

It was a normal afternoon. We were supposed to just take little pete to the vet for shots. So, we brushed him and got him suited for the ride and before ya know it there was a problem... the brake lights in the truck were gone. So, a few calls later we found a truck to borrow to finish what we started. He loaded pretty well, I think the second approach he walked right on and away we went. We drove maybe ten minutes when the car behind us started beeping their horn. We pulled over and the came up next to us.. They said "I'm not sure if this is normal but, your horse is laying down and his leg is straight in air!!!!". As soon as I heard this I jumped out of the truck to go see my baby. It was so bad I ran to the other side of the street so I wouldn't freak him out (I over react sometimes) once the others seem him and I calmed down I went to see him again. I was patting his face and talking to him to calm him down and he just layed there until we took the divider out of the trailer. We got him loose and helped him out. I was too frightened to put him back in the trailer so I decided to walk back home with him... Two hours later we arrived back at the barn and cold housed the swollen body. He's happy and doing fine this morning so he'll be alright and he's not lame at all just a bit swollen. It was just all so scary. I have never seen a horse that could manage to flip totally on his side while trailering. Poor Petey, today's his birthday and he's all sore:(
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Holy :affraid: How on earth did he manage that? He must have slipped. Good thing the person behind you had enough sense to tell you.

Hope he recovers uneventfully and he doesn't become terrified of trailers after this incident.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:57 pm

WOW that is scary I am so glad he is ok....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:16 pm

So am I and He is completely sound on all fours so my little man should be fine. and I guess what Happened was he got his hoof over the chest guard on the trailer some how and he couldn't get it down so he fell. When he fell his leg was still in the air and everything:(
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 pm

holy good thing I wasn't there I would have freaked.. glad he's ok.. poor bugger!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

I would have had a heart attack on the spot, i too over react and panic easily, my heart goes out too you, hope you and little Pete are feeling much better, he must be a calm horse to be just laying there and not freaking out!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 am

Holy. :Ohno.gif:

So glad he is doing okay.

My husband put one of those wireless backup cameras in my horse trailer and I just love it. I can see everything that is going on. It wasn't that expensive for the peace of mind that I get.
Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am

wow,that camera sounds cool. Where would I get one? And petey is only three so I'm very lucky he was so calm for me. I thought we were going to have to put him down just because of the position he was in he looked like he broke a leg:(
I seen in today and his left hip, front left knee and front right fetlock are all hot and swollen but he's completely sound. My poor little man:( :36_1_44[1].gif
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 pm

thats not anywhere nearly funny........really scarey, and its just one thing c4b and I were talking about just this weekend. you can get one of those baby camera things at sears, canadian tire etc they are way cheaper than a FOAL or TRAILER camera but work the same. sure glad you guys are both recovering.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

We got our camera from Canadian Tire; but, a friend of mine got hers from Princess Auto for a bit cheaper. They are a back up camera for your vehicle, he just put the camera in the trailer instead of on the back of the truck.
Back to top Go down
Mister MaGoo

Mister MaGoo

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:48 am

Good heavens'......thank god he's ok!!! I think I would have been calling Sue freaking out!!! I am no good in emergencies.....Poor Pete....
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:55 pm

OMG glad to hear he's going to be okay that is really scarey. Was he tied? My old mare was horrible for falling in the trailer cause we tied her too tight once we figured out what her issue was she was okay
Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:30 am

Yes he was tied but, not too tight, we've trailered him and other horses before and I have never seen anything like it before!!! How much are those cameras? I think I may be getting one. Are they easy to set up?
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 pm

I will have to chck on the price with my husband (it was a gift). He said it was easy to set up. I think you will love it.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:36 am

Thank-you very much!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Though of you today. I took my 3 year old colt in the trailer and he wouldn't stand still for nothing. I was sooo glad to have my camera, I knew exactly what he was doing and that he was in no danger. And thankfully he did way better on the way home.
Back to top Go down
GeneralLee

GeneralLee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 am

I must get one of those cameras before the next time I trailer then!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible day for Petey:(   Terrible day for Petey:( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrible day for Petey:(
Page 1 of 1