Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad day that could have been worse

Go down 
+4
Wissy
D-Cutch
Sailorgirl
FIREBUG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FIREBUG

Bad day that could have been worse Empty
PostSubject: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:48 am

My horse had received any injury to his head, sometime, somehow. We don't
know what happened to him. He has a huge lump on the top of his head and
also skinned. He is very sore and with his mane and forelock, it is hard to see.
I didn't know this and when I went to bring him in and put the halter over his head
he backed up. I thought this was funny, but tried again. He swung into me, knocking me to the ground. I bumped my head on the ground and his hoof hit
the top corner of my eye. It was bleeding quite bad, but I got all four horses in
and fed them. The neighbour took me to Emergency. I was lucky. I only got a
bump on my head, 3 stitches by my eye and some bruises. Poor horse. We had
a good lightbulb moment over the last couple of weeks. I hope I didn't turn the
light off. This morning I just put a rope halter on loosely to take him out to the
paddock. We both now have bumps on the head, so we are sharing the misery.
My husband met me at Emergercy and made a comment to the doctor asking
if I needed one of those black patches. All I could think about was what if Joan
and I both went to the clinic next week with patches. Greenwood may never be
the same. Hopefully, we will both be in good standing by then. Wissy and TE was
a big help. Wissy and TE doctored horse wounds and came back to hay and make
sure they had enough water for the night. A BIG THANK YOU to you both.
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Oh my lord Nancy hope you and Amos are doing better today! Was this on the weekend? Oh why not....look like a pirate on top of your horse...and put little white wraparound bandages around Amos's head...and then ride with Joan...what a team!!!!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:43 pm

So glad to hear both you and your steed will be making a full recovery. Those equines, always bumping themselves up and causing havoc!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:54 pm

When I heard there was an incident I left and went right to the barn.. finding Amos standing in his stall looking sad.. TE pointed out to me what she found.. poor boy had a large bump and no hair on his forehead.. no wonder he had a fit when getting his halter put on ..I was ready to bury him when I got there but finding out he was injured too.. I felt bad.. I slowly was able to work up the skinned area and put cream on it.. and slowly able to put a rope halter on him so he could be led out.. poor boy was a sookie and wanted pats and hugs.. which he got..
Just glad now both Firebug and Amos are going to be ok.. both will heal and move on.. thank goodness..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh my god Nancy wouldnt we make a terrific MATCHED PAIR........which eye were you gonna cover????? christ woman, thank goodness that was all you got......and of course head injuries bleed way more than anything else, you must have been quite concerned.......who was in the barn with you??? Did we ever figure out what happened to Amos???? how he got his owie?????? SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you were not seriously hurt.........but big hugs and maybe a couple of shots of the Captain to help make you feel better....... :hug.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
FIREBUG

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:19 pm

It was the right eye Joan and I was by myself. Not sure what happened to the poor guy, but he is really sore. The captain wasn't allowed to help me last night
but he is welcome aboard now. We might start a new fashion statement. LOL.
Fires and pirates in Greenwood. Pretty soon the place is going to make the papers. See you in Greenwood.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 pm

THE RIGHT EYE.......perfect...........mine is left.......so between the two of us we might be able to spot something....just remember I still see double so it might be just as confusing for you!!!!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Nancy, thank-god you are ok, and poor Amos the two of you need some TLC..... tender loving care not two lugs of captains hahahaha
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 pm

C4B........THAT WAS A GOOD JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 am

HAHA CB4 Nancy and I love TLC... the latter.. heheh your funny..
I think we need pics of the battle scars.. poor Firebug.. she's had her share of them.. but she's one tough cookie.. bounces right back .. Bad day that could have been worse 561245
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 am

I hope everyone is feeling better soon,
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 am

Scary! You were really lucky you weren't hurt worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad day that could have been worse   Bad day that could have been worse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad day that could have been worse
Page 1 of 1