Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kasper is home! (more added)

Go down 
+3
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Caper Cowgirl
MSFarm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MSFarm

Kasper is home! (more added) Empty
PostSubject: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:35 pm

He is home.
And I think I'll keep his name...
Anyways, I've really got to go out and work him a bit... I'll explain later...
but here is two photos! :D

Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06020
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06019\
A young teen friend took the photos.
WOW she did a great job!
We had stopped at My friend's stable to do the supper chores. (he was doing the hauling for me.)
So I decided to get Kasper off the trailer and let him look around and get a look at him and lead him a bit.
I did not think he was as stocky as he is! Going to make one nice western pony!

Edited: More photos!
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06006
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06011
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06012
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06014
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06015
Kasper is home! (more added) DSC06022

Last edited by MSFarm on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 pm

congrats....you must be so excited to have him home...can't wait to see more pics
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:40 pm

yea I'm excited!

this morning I went out before church.... He reared up and struck out several times. But I think its just because with the people he has been around (are great people) but he knew if he reared up they would not work him and just give him treats...

So after lunch I lunged him... walk and a bit of jog. only a bit because it was hot and buggy. And he only reared up twice and only because I made him go away from the other horses.

So I think we are going to be just fine. we just need to set some rules and show him he is not the boss and he needs to not act foolish or he WILL be punished and not treated.
I brushed him for a while too. he LOVED that.

AND while lunging he pased right under Sandy's nose and she did not bite him or anything! which is great! because they just met last night!
Now him and Harold need to figure some things out... which is not good... because Kasper was surpost to be Harolds new best friend... but Kasper does not like the way Harold sounds... (harold is a stud donkey... haha)
I hope they will work it out... went looking for a gelding in the first place for Harold to have a buddy once Dodger left...
but Kasper and Sandy seem to be hitting it off the best...

And so now I am looking at show names for Kasper.
Keep Me True
Mighty Faith.

Any Ideas.
and no I don't know parents names.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:47 pm

hes a very cute boy.
sorry to hear about the rearing, that would personally scare me a lot. Good luck with him!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 pm

I lunged him again and he did SOOO much better!

My work it cut out for me but I'm going to get a lot of experince from this guy. I'm determind to ride him in at least one Reining show at Sussex! thats our goal.
next year I'm going to try to send him to Donnie Adams if he has room for a month or two.

And As Bad as the rearing is, Its also a good thing. I've always been scaried of horses Rearing up while holding them inhand. and in June I was worming a horse that is old and has always been 100% to worm and she reared up and struck out at me and got me. So that did not help me being scaried. so when ever a horse tried to rear up or did I would jump back and just let him and not Punish them because I was so scaried. But with Kasper rearing allready I'm less scaried and can get a "NO!" in. Even though Rearing is a very BAD thing it is making me become a better Horse person in not being totaly freaked out and being able to punish the horse for it and not leting them get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:41 pm

He's really stocky like Joans' Buck .. nice horse there girl.. loads of luck with him.. can't wait to see pics of you riding him.. congrats he's awesome looking!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:47 pm

You must be thrilled he finally arrived :flower:

Glad to see you are working hard to over come the rearing! Keep us posted on your progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:11 pm

congrats. The rearing thing might just be him trying to test you and his new suroundings (sp) I'm sure your get him out of that in no time.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Yea, I'm pretty happy... :bounce:
My Plan is to work him and or Sandy every day even if its just for a 5 min lunge.
I'm sure with alot of patience and work we can over come the rearing.
And I'll make sure I keep your guys updated and post lots of photos.
Well I'm off to bed. Saturday was LONG and today was fairly LONG... I'm going to be dead cleaning stalls tomorrow lol. I could end up pulling some bales of hay down and making a bed! Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:01 pm

HEY THERE KIDDO...........glad he is home in one piece............he looks terrific........and for sure...you will sleep tonight....you talked enough on here, church, picked up the pony, chores, talked on here, did work on the pony, talked on herer......did some more work on the pony, and more talking here.................YOU MUST BE EXHAUSTED.......................GOOD FOR YOU Kasper is home! (more added) 197264
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:54 pm

I did sleep well last night.
But I had to get up at 7 AM and get my butt out of bed and go to work. just getting home.
we took the three mini foals (and moms) outside today so that took alot of engry.
because the foals are not halter/lead broke but also they like to wonder away from their momies.
two studs (one is a mini donkey... too cute!) and a filly. the horse stud is EVIL! so it was difficult to walk him to and from the pasture...
now I'm eating lunch then going to handle the horseys and then heading to my other job to do supper feed and then home for my supper and then working the horseys and then BED!
I was suppost to teach a riding lesson tonight... BUT the father called and they want to do Hay tonight and moved the lesson to Thursday night. YAY!
Oh and I have a lot of other horsey things on my plate too that I have to do today. lots of calls to make about Jobs, Shows and Boarding. And parties (Demo on Sandy?)

I want a long nap Kasper is home! (more added) 574459 But today the sun is out and makes it Great for taking photos of the horseys! Kasper is home! (more added) 590471
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kasper is home! (more added)   Kasper is home! (more added) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kasper is home! (more added)
Page 1 of 1