Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC

Go down 
+2
Wissy
just joan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Empty
PostSubject: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 am

its pouring out today, so was sitting in the bunkhouse listening to bear and sam playing upstairs in the hayloft, buck and abbey moving around gnawing on the wooden posts and the barn swallows screaming in and out. sort of got to thinking about music and the first songs I really actually remember ........my mums family all singing apart from Highland and Scottish tunes, did Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Petula Clark, and then Cilla Black, Lulu, Dusty Springfield, Cliff Richards was the british equivalent of Elvis, oh god, the twist, the locomotion, even if I dont remember who sung what. we move into Motown arriving Buddy Holly .Beatles of course, but Gerry and the Pacemakers, the Troggs*Wild thing),,,,then the big movements.......arlo guthrie, donovan, joan baez, joni mitchell, dylan, and on and on crosby stills and nash before young, simon and garfunkle, mamas and the papas, JOHN DENVER, GORDON LIGHTFOOT, hendrix......spinning and dancing in a KALEIDESCOPE OF COLOURS........

who still sets you to singing from BEFORE?//
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 am

Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band, The Eagles, a local favourite April Wine.. , Carol King.. can't think of the others right now.. oh oh.. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.. lol.. and someone I can't remember but the song was Ferry on the Mersey.. and this lands the place I love.. la la la la .. lol
Wishing I was in bunk house with ya Joan with the rain beating down and listening to all that past stuff.. sigh..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Gerrry and the pacemakers.....Ferry cross the Mersey.............great tune.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

or it was Freddy and the dreamers...........dont remember...but can still sing.hum the tune.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 pm

it was Gerry and the pacemakers.. I looked it up.. always like that song..
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Lovely description Joan, I could almost hear the dogs, the drops and the ponies. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. One of the first songs that I can ever remember hearing on the radio was "Downtown" by Petula Clark.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:41 pm

haha Freva.. I remember that well.. I think is was around the year I went to expo in 67'
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Thank goodness for computers, I looked it up. It was 1965. All I can remember was driving everyone nuts by TRYING to sing along. At first everyone thought it was cute, then I'm sure it got irritating. When I hear the Eagles, I somehow manage to envision myself 18 again. Isn't great how just a few bars of music can conjure up memories?????
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:07 pm

apart from all the antiwar songs etc....I loved John Denver....he can make a 7 hour truck drive turn into liquid gold............SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDER ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 pm

what about "Knock Three Times on the Ceiling"? I used to really belt that one out. Remember the K-Tel records? They were awesome!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Okay gals, I hear the Magnum P.I theme song today on the radio and felt old...but reading this reminds me I'm still so young. I don't know what the heck you all are talking about FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC 778478 :36_1_41[1].gif
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 pm

well Cinderelly.. go jump back into your Roses.. pumpkin will ya.. while we old folks bring back memories.. I got shoes older than you.. :roll:
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm

FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC 778478 FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC 561245
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 pm

FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC 817204 you too.. lol..
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:08 pm

April Wine was big on the other coast too Wissy! They came every year around my birthday and I never missed them. I love the Doobie Brothers to this day...still got the cassettes...now I have to make noise and dance...and try to remember the 70's...Woo Hoo!...ps...shut-up Dexy.... :nocmnt.gif:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 pm

I like to think that we are like fine wine...aged to perfection. My hubby, thinking he is a smartie, would say that wine sometimes turns to vinegar.....we have an anniversary coming up...MAYBE!!!

Back to the music...LOVE the song...Ain't No Sunshine!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sooke

Sooke

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 pm

April Wine was big on the other coast too Wissy! They came every year around my birthday and I never missed them. I love the Doobie Brothers to this day...still got the cassettes...now I have to make noise and dance...and try to remember the 70's...Woo Hoo!...ps...shut-up Dexy.... :nocmnt.gif:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm

I still have some 8 tracks kicking around...just because....nothing left to play them on.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 pm

even the BEACH BOYS...bit campy now, but there SUMMER SONGS were cool...and
CINDERS....I WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR COACH IF YOU DONT :nocmnt.gif: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC 58398
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC   FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEELING OLD AND NOSTALGIC
Page 1 of 1