Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go down 
+7
Lightning
morgansRgreat
~TC~
C4B's
Simi
just joan
Wissy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm

TC- When I say "grain" I am referring solely to his High Fat High Fiber pellets. If I was referring to his "meals" I would mean HF/HF + Flax + half salt :)
No worries about a misunderstanding I am quite familiar with physiology ;)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 pm

my poor pony.. right now I've stopped Hi Fat and Fiber altogether.. he's just getting hay stretch and equalizer.. until I can get to the bottom of this .. he's on his hay free choice as well.. I weighed him and will watch his weight the next couple of months to see if it changes .. right now he's about 975.
Back to top Go down
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 pm

More info for you.

Found a pretty easy to read reasearch paper on what we are talking about here... Thought you might like to read it...Download it, and print it off even... highlight the stuff that may make sense to your situation.

Quote :
Gastric ulceration is widespread and a very common problem in horses in training. When it occurs in horses, gastric ulceration is a potential insidious cause of poor athletic performance or, when severe, an animal welfare concern. It is widely accepted that this is a problem resulting from feeding and management practices, especially in racehorses where the prevalence is extremely high. Racehorses are fed large meals of grain rich diets and with extended periods of fasting between meals. This combined with increased gastric acid production during exercise, reduction in saliva production due to low fibre content of the diet, and indoor confinement that likely contributes to the development of stomach ulcers.

https://rirdc.infoservices.com.au/items/08-033
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:42 pm

thanks TC for looking all this up .. hope I find things that make sense to me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colic again.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2