Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL

Go down 
+8
Lightning
SexyDexy
mypony
C4B's
Sailorgirl
Wissy
Freva
just joan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Empty
PostSubject: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 am

I already cant see to the end of my driveway, the fog is hanging in really low. I've moved everything that is moveable into the barn, I have no idea where Bear is, but he sure knows something is coming........he whines like mad at just a regular thunderstorm so he probably has dug himself a cave.........the puppy is panting like crazy and wants to just climb on my back........the ponies seem quite content to just munch inside......but I can still only find 2 cats out of the original 6,,,,wee chicken and bob are it..........I have not seen the other 4 for weeks now....including my favourite ...stripey.......anyway, we got the generator all checked out yesterday, lots of candles, batteries for radio, flashlights........filled up the big water trough, got lots of canned goods and drugs and all animal feed necessary for eons...........our generator runs the water pump, freezer, fridge and of course the T.V. and a couple of plugs..........its built in to the house wiring so we just flip a breaker...........I also brought in a couple of days worth of firewood just in case my feet get wet!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha.............CAPE BRETON is expecting to get truly hammered so we are definately getting ready.......computers will probably be down later today and who knows if there will be phone service........we have cell phones also but we dont always get reception here in GOOD weather..........my old neighbour Christie has moved into town so I dont have any next door neighbours...........SOOKE is down the road aways with her hubby and puppies.............and are right on Loch Lomond, so will be checking in with them if they have to get to higher ground C4B and her bunch are up on a cliff but close to the highway so they should be fine...............good luck folks........sure hope you are all PREPARED.

Last edited by just joan on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:10 am

Hey JJ...saw the news this morning and it surely looks like Cape Breton might be playing host to Bill. Nasty business but it sounds like you are prepared. Close the shutters and batten down the hatches. Hoping you and your fellow Capers stay safe. Will be thinking about you.!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:19 pm

ya I got stuff inside .. well things that may blow away.. don't think it's going to be that bad.. I plan to sit under my gazebo and watch the wind.. and rain.. hopefully I won't blow away.. but if I do I hope it blows me farrrrrrrrrrr...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:48 pm

if it blows you farrrrrrrrrrrrrr you'll be here and you can be farawaywissy.........with me............woooooo hooooo....hang on to your hats...it looks nice now............but dont let the CALM BEFORE THE STORM fool you.......its gonna be a tulip!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:36 pm

We have overcast skies and are suppose to get rain and moderate winds...nothing too scarey.

I think Ellie Mae posted some pics yesterday morning a a beautiful red sky...so glorious but you know the old saying about "red sky in the morning...Sailors take warning"

Wissy...we don't want you ending up like Dorothy and having to follow the Yellow Brick Road home. I bet it would be a hoot being storm stayed with JJ though!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Well I'm not too far from Halifax Harbour so I should probably bring in my 4 plastic chairs which are stacked on my balcony...but I know they're full of spiders! I don't even want them anymore, just don't want them blowing into my patio doors. But I'll die if I bring in spiders into da condo....arrrghhhh!!! :affraid:
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:32 pm

We are as ready as we can be i think, we have piled all the wood into big bundles and strapped it up. garden furniture is in the barn, barn still has no doors so Rob is hoping wind will blow straight through, hopefully not taking the horses with it, rob says if i get too worried about the horses i will have to bring them in the house. if i do i will take photo's hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:12 pm

It is a beautiful day here on PEI.

My husband went over this morning to move the horses to there smaller field with the run-in. We do that every day, however the last couple of days the horse flies have not that bad, so the boys have been staying out. When my husband asked our friend if he intended to move the horses this morning he said that they could stay out. He had them on hurricane watch! All three of them standing there looking east.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I have 120 gal of water for the horses, some for us and the dogs and cats, 3 of the 4 stalls (1 is full of junk :roll:) made up. George and Hubba are gonna have to bunk together. They should be fine though, they cram themselves into a 6 x 12 space in the run-in everyday. They loves each other :hug.gif:

We boarded up the cottage windows and door and brought my BBQ home. It has a side burner so I can cook all kinda of stuff if we're without power for a spell. I tried to stake up things in my garden but I think that was a waste of time. It will most likely be flattened anyways.

Can't fine my cats either. They must have found a safe spot already. If they come home, they'll be coming in the house.

Filled the car and truck with gas yesterday and got a new propane tank. We have lots of batteries, charged flashlights, candles, food, water, beer and wine. We're good to go . ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL 573748 ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL 45324
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:33 pm

The horses are in the barn with plenty of extra water poured. The horse trailers are secured. The lawn furniture is put away, lots of food in the cupboards. We have an extra well in the basement, so we're set for water. My animals are all tucked in.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm

be Safe everyone.. and Joan I almost blew my self your way today.. if I had have been sane enough to drive I would have.. sigh.. oh well.. hear from everyone hopefully tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 am

It;s Sunday morning 7am.......all we have is a thick shroud of fog so far, but NOTHING IS MOVING.........not a tree, not a bird, no frogs, and no coyotes howling.........its really quite eerie...........the only thing making noise and moving are the dogs...........whining and running in circles............how are you guys down a ways making out?????? or maybe you dont have power???/ snorkels, scuba gear and a nice big ARK maybe what we should all just have for occasions such as this........HOPE YOU ARE ALL OK...........WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE ANYTHING UNTIL AROUND 11 OR SO...........
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 am

WELL, its almost 8am and I have been on here all by my lonesome for an hour or so........sure hope that doesnt mean all you guys are on water level watches.........it just now started to spit, but still no wind...............christ, I dont wait well, not even for a HURRICANE TO START.........what a dipQ!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:06 am

Just looked on the weather channel and it is just of the coast down at yarmouth, so i guess we are going to catch the lot unless it moves over a bit and goes up the coast, HANG ON GIRLS !!!!!!!!!! just started to pour with rain, here we go ................ hope you all do ok.....................
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:16 am

It's just misting here in the valley. It's 22 degrees and with the humidity it's 32.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am

Good Morning There is not much happening down here yet. The horses are still out enjoying a light breeze. I will put them in once the wind comes up and the rain starts.I think we will be lucky here and not get hit to bad. I will say there is no cars on the road so everyone must be staying home. We have everything tied down and put away that we can.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 am

I heard it rain at 4 this morning.. didn't last long.. misting and odd rain fall.. but nothing much .. very foggy and very very muggy.. no air.. like Joan said.. no birds this morning and everything is still.. weird.. I had to put on the air conditioners.. I couldn't breath well.. might be my asthma acting up in this weather.. asthma I'm not suppose to have.. :roll: maybe it's my state of mind right now who knows.. well hang on everyone.. I think we maybe in for a rough ride this afternoon.. anyone still able to get on line should check in here around 3 this afternoon.. let us know how things are doing.. be safe!
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:03 am

Not much happening here in Dartmouthat 9:08am...wind is picking up though. At 5:45 there was heavy rain off and on...like somebody was turning the shower off and on...bizarre. Right now it looks like it's ready to hit...it's getting really dark. ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL 466697
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 am

I just spoke to my brother in Liverpool and its windy and misting there. He lives on the water and said that the level is high and high tide is not expected for a while so he is expecting some flooding. Stay safe everyone.
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 am

The wind is just starting to pick up here ,just outside of Windsor. No rain yet. It is very warm and muggy.
Foxy liking the breeze so far at 10 am.
ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL IMG_3558
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 am

We battened down the hatches yesterday. Found alot of good uses for baling twine! We're not supposed to be hit until late tonight/early tomorrow morning. Fronie (my neighbour) is cooking up 3 chickens - her teenage boys eat alot! The Lord is going to gas up the generator. Kayla is hoping we'll get flooded like we did a few years back. It was fun because we didn't have any damage and we could swing on the swings while dragging our legs through the water.

Good luck everyone. Keep us posted on how you're all doing.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:11 am

Hey Tammy, hope you can drag your feet through the water while swinging without having to wear a SNORKEL!!!!! I'll be thinking of you as he finishes passing over my house...........good luck girl.
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:08 am

still nothing happening here on PEI at 11:06 a.m..... the skies have been very dark all morning, with one heavy, brief shower around 9 a.m... not a breath of wind.. still waiting..
Back to top Go down
Pink Lady

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am

Raining very hard here and the wind has pick up. Good day to stay inside and clean tack.
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am

Pink Lady...that picture of cutie patootie Foxy was probably her looking at the wall of rain heading for her...she's looking at something quite intently...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next