Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL

Go down 
+8
Lightning
SexyDexy
mypony
C4B's
Sailorgirl
Wissy
Freva
just joan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:24 pm

It's 12.30 and my 2 just went galloping to the barn.......somebody turned on the fan and spritzers..............time to shut the doors I guess..........I was watching the weather network and a lot of hydro out already down around the south shore and uptowards Halifax................hang on to your knickers girls.....you never know when you will need a clean pair................ :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Nothing hear yet. It's hot and humid and the wind is gusty but not strong. I managed to pick all the blueberries off the bushes so they won't be ruined by the rain. The Lord was pretty asmused at my berry picking. He said most people are gathering up candles, batteries, water, etc - and I'm out picking berries. I have to admit I do have a bit of an addiction to berry picking. I don't eat the things - just pick them. Even Kayla says that I need help!

All the animals are acting normally so I figure the storm is still a good 12 hours away. Did you guys do anything to secure your horse trailers? I'm not sure what to do with ours, or if I need to do anything at all.

Lets all try to take pictures of what we see and then post afterwards. Of course you know how great I am at posting pictures (NOT), so maybe it's not such a good suggestion after all.

I must go and finish baking cupcakes (gotta have something to go with my cold beer if the lights go out!
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:22 pm

I believe Bill has left the building...still raining but has died down considerably here in Dartmouth at 2:27 but of course Cape Breton is probably in the middle of it now. Keep safe all you Capers!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:07 pm

Well, Bill was not that hard on us here in the woods. A few branches down here and there. I am guessing some biggers ones up above us, two light and power trucks went by a couple of hours ago. We didn't lose power; but, it sounds like some around us may have. Now it is an extremely hot day out there. The horses are sweating standing in their stalls. Hope everyone else makes out as good as we have.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

It poured rain all day here with just a bit of wind. Once the rain cleared out the wind picked up and knocked out the power for a couple hours.

The horses decided they liked the rain and wind and didn't come to the barn at all today.

Made use of one of the stalls I bedded yesterday - Duke got skunked last night. The stupid little bugger stuck his nose right up the skunks buttercup. :roll:

I hope he likes his stall because he's gonna see a lot of it during the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:41 pm

POOR WEE DUKEY............ what a turd........we dont have skunks here, nor porquepines well at least none I;ve ever seen.......did you wash him in tomato juice> :roll:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:05 pm

I was running around screaming at him (probably scared him more than the skunk) and drug him to the barn. The first thing I grabbed was a bottle of horse shampoo so he got doused in that and lots of cold water. Poor dog was shivering when I was done but it was in his eyes and I needed to get it out. Checked on the web and it says tomato juice doesn't really work :scratch: I read several sites that say to use dish soap mixed with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Make a paste, rub it in and let set for 10 minutes. I'm gonna try that tomorrow. It was too rainy to frig with him today.

I saw it coming and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Duke chases the cats and will not stop and come back no matter if I scream my head off. He thought this was a pretty black and white kitty. I noticed lots of holes in my lawn today so pretty black and white kitty is gonna get a big surprise upside the head if he doesn't get a move on willingly. Pretty sure he's taken up residence under my shed.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Hey Dexy... Poor guy......try a bit of Fabreeze on a cloth and rub on his face. We had an Aussie strayed a few years ago and I read online to spray them with Fabreeze. It neutralizes the odor. It seemed to work but ours was more of a misting rather than a direct spray.

Hope everyone has weather the storm OK...it bypassed our area of NB totally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL   ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARE WE READY FOR UNCLE BILL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2