Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY

Go down 
+4
Bay-Lee
Wissy
Simi
Tammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Empty
PostSubject: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Yesterday afternoon was the last gymnastics practise for Kayla until the renovations are done at their gym (approx 2 weeks). At the end of their practise they were playing games. She was running and wiped out. At first I figured "oh no, carpet burns". The floor is a spring floor and the matting on top of it is a sort of carpety like material. After they were finished (about 10 minutes) I met her in the change room and she then burst into tears. Her ankle was swelling and very painful. We put on the ice pack and then headed off to the Janeway (children's hospital). 3.5 hrs later we headed home with her ankle in a back slab cast. They couldn't tell if it was broken or just severly sprained. We have to go back on Friday for more x-rays and she will either be in a cast for 10 days or 4 weeks, depending on the damage.

I'll fill you in on all the funny parts later when I have more time (because you KNOW something funny always happens).

OH MY NERVES !!!!!!!!! What the Bleeding heart is going to happen next?

UPDATE: OK gang, here's the whole story. And of course I should mention that I'm typing this on my friend's laptop because I'm sick in bed with the flu! All I can say is that I'd better be feeling better by tomorrow or it's going to be a long drive into St. John's for Kayla's cast.

On Tuesday Kayla had gymnastics from 3-7. My mom (who is visiting from Ontario), Kayla and I headed in early to do some shopping for school clothes. We went out for lunch and then into gymnastics. While they were doing their warmup mom and I scooted to the feed store. We were back in time to see most of the practise. Mom was totally amazed at what the girls were able to do. It's been a year since she's seen them. One of the girls (Emma) finally mastered her "KIP". It's one of the hardest moves they have to learn and so it's a big deal when they finally get it. Her mom wasn't there so near the end of the practise her mom arrived. I gave her a hard time about not being there for her daughter's big moment. We had some laughs about that. At the end of the practise they were playing the game Camaflogue (not sure how to spell it despite working for the army the past 10 years!). Kayla was one of the last 3 kids left and as she was running to hide it looked like she tripped and fell. I immediately dove into my purse to look for a bandaid because the floor mats that they use are like carpet. And Kayla being a bit of a drama queen, always makes a huge deal out of getting the carpet burns. Needless to say when she tripped she was tagged out so walked over to sit with the others. She was limping a bit but that's normal for her after a carpet burn. They all came upstairs and into the change room. When I went into the change room (armed with my bandaid) Kayla broke down into tears. I kept asking her where the carpet burn was and prepared the bandaid. She kept telling me she didn't hurt her knee - it was her ankle that hurt. So like the good mother that I was I looked at her ankle and didn't see any burn, so told her that she'd be fine (in other words, basically suck it up!). She kept crying so I took another look at the ankle and noticed some swelling. One of the girls went and got the head coach who came and had a look. She said that after Kayla had fallen she noticed Kayla wasn't herself but when she asked her if everything was OK, Kayla told her that she was just cold.

We put an ice pack on and I told Kayla we were going to the Janeway (children's hospital). She didn't want to go and actually insisted that she wasn't going. So I told her that we would drive through McDonald's and then I'd see how she was doing. My greatest fear was that if I didn't have her checked out and once we were home things would get worse. Then I'd be hooped because I'd have to drive back to St. John's. Three happy meals later I broke the news to her that I was taking her to the Janeway so that the doctor could tell me how to look after her ankle. with that she crossed her arms and said, "OK, but I'm NOT going in." Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself, "I've got news for you little girl".

We got to the hospital and I parked the car. Kayla was determined that she wasn't coming in however I was MORE determined that she was. So I grabbed her and dragged her out of her carseat. So there I stand with her in my arms and my mom starts picking the garbage from our supper out of the car! I couldn't believe it. Here I was holding a bawling child in my arms who is injured, and mom is worried about the cleanliness of the car. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!

Into the hospital we go. Well, after mom finds a garbage can for the garbage. We register and are into triage within 5 minutes. The gave Kayla a wheelchair (child size), at which time I think I heard my back yell "YIPPEE"!. About 10 minutes later we got called into one of the case rooms. After 45 minutes of waiting and me having to entertain Kayla with stories of my hamster named Dusty who used to pee in my shirt pockets, the intern doctor came in. Had a look, did some wiggling of the ankle and sent us for x-rays.

6 x-rays later we went back to emergency and waited again. The doctor came back and said it was "presenting" like a fracture but no fracture showed up on the x-ray so it may be a sprain. Either way it had to be put into a back cast and then re-xrayed on Friday.

So off we go to the "Special Procedures" room. The young doc comes in and shows Kayla what the cast is going to be like. She looked at him as if he had two heads and said, "I know all this - been here - done it". I just about split a gut laughing! My mother has his habit of thinking that she has to entertain everyone with stories about my life whenever there is a lull in the action. So this poor doc now knows that Kayla was in an ATV accident at the same time she had chicken pox, that she had previously broken an arm, that Kayla's pony Thunder farts alot, that my mom farts alot, that I'm retired from the military, that my dog's breath stinks, etc, etc, etc. Are you getting the picture?

One casted the pediatrician came to check the handiwork and then we were given the go-ahead to head home. He told me that if she was in pain to give her some children's tylenol at which point Kayla turns to me and says, "Mom - now I can take drugs every night like you and dad do". I just about died! didn't take me long to pipe up that they were PERSCRIPTION drugs!

We headed over the highway about 10:45 pm and were home about an hour later. LOVELY reception we got when we pulled into the driveway. My dad was asleep in bed and Gord was zoned out on the couch from Robaxacet. Mom was REALLY impressed with them! I believe her comment was something to the effect, "alot of f-in good these men are!"

So I am now Kayla's pack mule. I carry her around (am hoping she'll get crutches tomorrow). And then today I came down with the stomach flu and she says, "don't worry mom - I'll look after you now". She's figured out how to "squid" around on her bum, how to crawl up the stairs and how to go down them on her bum. She was even standing on her head tonight watching cartoons. She's such a tough little nut! Makes me pretty proud.

Tommorrow we will find out if she is going to be in a cast for 10 days or 4 weeks. Can you guess where my vote lies? School will be a nightmare. I keep thinking about her using crutches if the floors are wet from rain, or her trying to move around her locker with all the savages on the go. I think I'll be living there until she recovers. Wonder if I can fit into those grade 2 desks anymore ...

So that's how things are going around here. Anything new with you guys?! HA HA :doglaugh.gif:

Last edited by Tammy on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Poor Baby girl!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:16 pm

oooooooooohhh poor Kayla, hope she's feeling better today.. what a shame.. and I can't wait for the story that goes along with it.. don't keep us in suspense..
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:37 am

poor Kayla......and your poor nerves..
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 am

Hope the damage is minimal and she can get out of the cast asap.

:good_luck_grap
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 am

Poor Kayla. If she has to have the injury, lets hope it is only a sprain. Hope she will be doing backflips and somersaults again soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm

Here's hoping for the lesser of the two evils... although sometimes they say sprains can be worse than breaks as they don't always heal quite right.

Anyhoo let us know how you and your kiddo make out after the checkup!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Just a sprain - and no cast required. YIPPEEEE ! She just has a tensor bandage on during the day but can take it off at night. And she can start weight bearing whenever she wants. The doc said that the "athletes" tend to know their bodies' limits so he leaves it up to them to decided, based on the pain, what htey can tolerate. She's already figured out how to do handstands with only one foot already!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Great news. Sounds like Kayla is a trooper. What a time you have had...hope you are starting to feel better......have you been taking "good" drugs..lol?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Nothing but the best "good" drugs for me! I keep checking the mirror to see if I've grown a curly tale (sure sign of H1N1) but so far none. I can't seem to shake this nausea (and NO - I'm NOT knocked up!).

Kayla is doing great. She slept 13 hours last night so I think the pain is finally lessening. She's a tough little monkey so it's hard to tell if she's in pain or not. This evening she was able to take 4 steps with her full weight on the ankle so it shouldn't be long now. I'm hoping she'll be up to snuff by Wed so she can take the bus to school. It's her favourite social event of the year!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Finger crossed for Wednesday and Kayla's first day back. She does sound like a tough little cookie. Kids are a lot more sturdy and tough than they appear at times.

Glad to hear that you are not preggers nor sprouted a tail!!!! My son has had a similar sounding bout of something for the past week or more, fever, nausea, chills. He just thinks he is on the mend and then has a relapse. Doctors told him to grin and bear it.

LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY 304847

Hope you are all back up to par soon!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:18 am

J. M. & J poor wee Kayla.......good job she has your tough spirit missus, its not like there is much to that kid........obviously all just muscle and sinew.......she is fit though aint she...........what a character..........sure am glad it turned out to be JUST the sprain...........so how did her first day of school bus trip go??????? cant wait for the rest of the EPIC!!!!!!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY   LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LITTLE KAYLA'S LATEST BOO-BOO - THE FULL STORY
Page 1 of 1