Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fall/Winter YUCK!

Go down 
+3
FIREBUG
Simi
D-Cutch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 am

We put our first round bales of hay out with our horses this weekend...how depressing Fall/Winter YUCK! 336163

We also had our last penning of the year... equally as depressing.

What do you do in the winter with your horses? Do they get to rest and relax or... ????
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 am

we put a round bale out a couple of days ago and we are done penning also..
my horses get the winter off just because i have no place to ride which sucks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
FIREBUG

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:20 am

Hunting season is coming on too, which makes it harder to get out riding. We just get rid of the
black flys, deer flys, horse flys and then we get the bullets buzzing through the air. Once the snow
flys and the river starts to freeze, it makes it hard for us to cross to our trails. Summer is just too
short.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:07 pm

I love this time of year and winter! No bugs, nice colors. During the summer my horses really don't need me. I fill up the water buckets and they survive on grass, salt, minerals. I started spreading hay again in September, and now I'm out there 3-4 times a day spreading hay. I love that relationship we have and it keeps me fit. We use our horses a lot in the winter. I ride and Jason drives the sleigh or we both go in the sleigh. We both prefer the sleigh over the wagon. I don't like frozen buckets and snow storms but winter isn't so bad. I can't wait to ski. :)
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Winter usually is our busier time, I dont mind as much starting the 2 yr olds we get in then because they're long 2 yr olds and more mature for light starting. If we didnt have the small arena we do have I probably wouldnt ride much as we seem to end up with either huge drifts or Ice so outdoor riding is limited. I hate the transition time till the ground freezes up we're really mucky here :( and again in spring it's soup outdoors.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 pm

In the winter I actually get to spend more time with the boys. It seems in the summer there is always something that just needs to be done. In the winter the crappy weather limits the outdoor worktime. So I spend alot of my nights, after Kayla is asleep, out in the barn brushing the critters. It's a nice way to end the day.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:02 am

Our water hose was frozen this morning Fall/Winter YUCK! 336163
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 am

Gawd I hate the thoughts of winter.. blah Fall/Winter YUCK! 474306
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fall/Winter YUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall/Winter YUCK!   Fall/Winter YUCK! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall/Winter YUCK!
Page 1 of 1