Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Afternoon!

Go down 
+6
Tammy
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Wissy
~TC~
just joan
D-Cutch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

All through University I worked at a call centre which was torture night after night but I came out of school debt free. Ironically, I get out of school and get a descent job but now I'm answering "ESCALATED" calls... although most of them are "problem solving" type escalations the odd ones are heated and pretty instense.

Today was one of those miserably intense afternoons :roll:

From my call centre days back in Unviersity I am pretty accustom to swearing and ranting and such and that doesn't upset me too much anymore... even being derrogative - I think I've heard it all.

I had one this afternoon though where there was no swearing or yelling there were just words like useless, stupid, no compassion, heartless, no good, horrible, and well you get the point - really strong and aggressive words.

Those words just really suck. I realize that the comments aren't directed at me because that person doesn't know me and they're frustrated with the organization/situation and not me but for 30 minutes to listen to that.... eugh :sad-smiley-044

Needless to say I sat at my desk and cried after that one... one would think after 7 years of client services I'd be a tough old witch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 pm

no no no no no no...............not you kiddo.......you may be accustomed to such things......but you will NEVER be an old witch.......you just have to look at your babies faces to see that...........ME on the other hand........DRAGON LADY...........OLD HAG.......etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
~TC~

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:50 pm

The day you get accustomed and turn witchy, is they day you should quit. ;)

Most folks in service get someone like that on the other end at some point..

Keep your chin up girly... :)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Oh D.... hang in there .. maybe you were a little down, maybe tired today too.. that's why it got to you.. besides today's reaction just shows your human too.. dont' take it to heart.. leave it all behind when you walk out that door and go home.. kiss and hug your family and be happy your have a better life than the one you spoke to that upset you today..
and Joan is right ... she's the old witch.. you have many many years before you can compete with her.. lol.. however in my case .. you have many many years to become old and sweet like me! Bad Afternoon! 516453
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:42 am

Quote :
The day you get accustomed and turn witchy, is they day you should quit. ;)
Yup, I agree! It was time for me to quit at my last job (call centre slave dealing with escalated calls all day long) when I turned into the phone answering witch of the west.

Sorry to hear that you had one of those days, don't let those types of calls get to you.

I HATE CALL CENTRES!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:40 am

You're entitled to have rough days. I'm not fussy on dealing with call centres but I always make sure that I'm polite to them. After all, they're people doing their job. It really irriates me though when I hear people abusing the customer service reps. If you're frustrated then go for a run, punch a pillow or have a drink. But DON'T take it out on the poor person on the other end of the line. chin up - try to put the call out of your mind. It wasn't personal.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 am

pixie hole Wisssy............thats what I miss about you!!! :roll: :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 am

When I was 17 and working at McDonald's someone made me cry. I got cursed at quite often working there but this person called my stupid and that was just too much. I know exactly how you feel. People need to think before they go spewing out crap like that. Even when I get frustrated talking to a company rep on the phone (usually only with Bell :roll: ) I don't attack them personally.
Back to top Go down
mypony

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:46 pm

I hear you! I work for a company that most Canadians love to hate, Air Canada. In the last few months I have been working in the cargo/baggage office. You would come to see me if you are missing a bag.

Well let me tell you that some people are just so ignorant to me! I am here to HELP you locate your bag, I did not lose it. A huge fear of mine before I started this job was the irate passengers, I was so afraid of getting yelled at and crying. Luckily that has not happened yet, there is still Christmas....

I understand how people can get upset with a company or service, sometimes I get upset. But most of the time it is not the front line worker that can do anything about it. I guess most of the time people don't understand or even care. WE have policies and procedures to follow. It was not us that created them!

My dad also worked an airline in the baggage department. He had a great line for irate passengers "Right now only two people care about where your bag is... and one is quickly losing interest..."

Here are my words of wisdom: Keep your chin up! (I have to tell myself that all the time)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:50 pm

I LOVE your dad's saying!
Back to top Go down
~TC~

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 am

A few years ago, when I was working in service at the bank....Behind the scenes, not on the front line..I handled the phones... a young "lady" from a local call centre across the road called about cashing her paychq in the abm machine, to which she would have a hold...so she would need to come in and see a teller..

She reemed me out, with a very "unlady like" mouth on her... and promptly told ME, that it was MY fault that she could not buy milk for HER baby, and it was going to starve.

LOL

Seriously... I confirmed her place of work with her, and that she did indeed get lunch and breaks to which she could quicly run across the road during banking hours to cash her chq if need be...
:roll:

Sheesh, ... Thought I would have to come get her and show her it was possible...
It takes all kinds to make the world go around I guess...
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:05 am

I think you should pat your self on the back and tell your self well done !!! how you managed to stay on the line with that abuse for 30mins is beyond me, i would have cut her off after 2 mins, accidentally of course !!! :flower:
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

aw thats not cool at all :(

D, if i were you, after a day like that.. its one of those times you should go out and hug your fuzzy little pocket ponies.. thats what they are there for :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Afternoon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Afternoon!   Bad Afternoon! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Afternoon!
Page 1 of 1