Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally a success after a year of trying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

Finally a success after a year of trying Empty
PostSubject: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:34 am

Well I have a 14 year old foundation quarter horse. Shes 14hh about 1200 pounds and this girl is a SAINT never put a foot out of line. So I get on on day, ask for a canter and I never in a million years would have expected it she went up off all fours and bucked, I went flying. Had it have been Thunder I would have expected it, G, never. So I got back on thinking "oh my god is she okay"

Ended up having a chiro and vet out, and found out she had muscle deterioration from an ill fitting saddle her entire life, and someone spurred her hard enough long enough that there is muscle loss where you would put them. She also had some slipped vertibrae in her back from having 12 foals in her short life. I was told she would have to be ridden bareback from now on, unless something crazy happened and she would accept a saddle without pain, which I was told was a very SLIM chance.

The other night I had a couple people out and she was standing there, super happy, loving the attention, and I said ah what the heck, got the saddle pad, she didn't budge when I put it on, got the saddle, again, didn't budge (this is a horse who would always dance and move around when tacking her up. I thought the dancing was apart of who she was) cinched it up, she didn't move. So I got on.....She stood there...for the first time...she just stood there. I almost cried I was so happy. Sorry for the rant I'm just super proud of her!

So now the other thing I would like to ask you fine people is there anything I can do to promote muscle regeneration?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 am

OMG how guilty can you feel????? I sure wish they could talk, obviously she wasnt shouting loud enough............I'm really happy you managed to get her allSTRAIGHTENED away........her life will be so much better now.............have you got a bareback pad............I would be starting with that w.t.c. for a while..........good for you for figuring it out!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:17 am

Before I got her she was a brood mare. Hadn't been ridden barely in 6 years. I don't normally canter her because she had a youngster at her side, but this time I was just like hes old enough, shes been relaxing, lets give it a go. Thats when I knew. The people who were there were getting mad at her, I was like NO SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!! I KNOW THIS HORSE!

She has already improved immensely, but I just want to get her where she is comfortable and happy again. And ideally, one more time, I would love to let her pen. She sees a cow and just VIBRATES she loves to chase them! I won't push her of course, but just for her, I'd like to let it happen.

I am going to get a bareback pad and start fresh with her. My ideal would be to get her so shes a happy, comfy trail horse.

Thanks so much for the kind words Just Joan. I know I should have picked up on it sooner, but it was just that specific day, something made me ask her to canter and thats when she said "this hurts" so the story contiues.....
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:40 am

Sometimes it seems like they have to shout to be heard. I'm glad that you heard her. And I bet you she's glad too. What alot of damage - and to think it could have been prevented. I think this really sends the message of how important a good fitting saddle is. It's heartwarming to know that she is recovering and that you're going to help her through to be the best she can be. Good on ya!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am

Sounds like she is lucky to have you as a mum !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FoundationPaint

FoundationPaint

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:31 pm

My horses are my life. Even if the time comes she can't be ridden due to these injuries (which I was told may not be too long away) she will always be my pasture pet. She has paid her dues and done well by me and everyone else as far as I'm concerned. I have wrestled with retiring her and sending her to a big pasture, but this girl is a part of my heart. She will always have the best of care and ideally if she could be my trail horse or just friend, I'd be happy with both. Thanks all for the kind words, it means a lot to know that I was the one that finally heard her cries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally a success after a year of trying   Finally a success after a year of trying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally a success after a year of trying
Page 1 of 1