Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Ride on Skipper

Go down 
+9
mypony
naughty by nature
Ellie*Mae
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
C4B's
just joan
Wissy
shelly
Tammy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

First Ride on Skipper Empty
PostSubject: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Today the weather was the absolute pitts. Around 4 it stopped raining so we took the opportunity to test drive Skipper. Kayla had a friend over for the day. Skipper certainly adores having attention from the little people. He is definitely a kids' pony. The girls thought he looked like a magical unicorn so Fronie make a horn out of his forelock for them. It was pretty funny!

Of course I had to ride first - for safety's sake of course. I wasn't excited or anything. Just because it's always been my dream to have a newfoundland pony. But remember, I wasn't excited at all! We rode in the ring. First a walk. I did a steering check. Yep - he steers. Then I did a check on the brakes. No problemo. Tested out the jog. VERY smooth. All systems seemed to be a go so it was then the girls' turn. They decided they wanted to ride together. Skipper was a perfect gentleman. He seems to know he has precious cargo and takes great care of them. When the girls were done I had another little spin. Just couldn't resist! I tried his lope. I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW SMOOTH THIS PONY IS !! One of my biggest challenges with Stretch is that my buttercup catches alot of air time at the lope. He's a wee bit rough. Skipper is the exact opposite. It's like you're floating!

Here are some pictures from today. WARNING ... there are quite a few!

First Ride on Skipper IMG_2147
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2148
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2151
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2152
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2156
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2157
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2159
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2160
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2161
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2162
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2163
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2164
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2165
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2166
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2167
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2172
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2173
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2175
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2176
First Ride on Skipper IMG_2177
Back to top Go down
shelly

shelly

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Skipper is awesome. He'll do pretty much anything - western, english, jumping, trail riding, wagon and sleigh rides, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:31 pm

omg Tammy he's is precious.. look at that smile on Kayla.. hehehehe.. I love him..
I think your going to have great fun with this guy.. keep the pics coming.. !!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 am

who says PENNYS FROM HEAVEN???????? IT SHOULD READ SKIPPERS FROM HEAVEN............oh boy Tammy what a gift he is............cant wait to see more pixtures............now dont you go hogging him all to yourself there woman.............HE ALSO MUST BE FEELING RIGHT AT HOME WITH ALL THAT LOVE AND ATTENTION.................. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:22 am

Looks like you are all going to have a lot of fun with him.... congrats on the new addition !!!! looking forward to lots more photo's.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:50 pm

cute!! i do love Newfoundland ponie's lopes (:
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm not sure who is the luckiest? You and Kayla, or Skipper????
I LOVE a happy ending!!!!!!!! YOU look great on him!!!! Enjoy him - doesn't look like
that would be hard to do....
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 pm

he looks great I didn't realise he was so big you guys are going to have a great time with him
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 pm

He sure is a thick/stocky looking fellow! How old of a guy is he?

You all seem to be happy group!

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 am

Skipper is 22 years old. He is as healthy as a horse! (ha ha). He's a very stocky guy, and talk about a thick neck. It's unbelieveable! His build reminds me very much of a fjord.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:45 am

Wahooo!!!! Looking great!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:04 pm

WOW what a sweet pony, Reminds me of our sweet beautiful pony andy that we used to have!
It looks like him and sounds like he has the same disposition, congrates I am sure you will make lots of happy memories with him! The girls are really cute to. First Ride on Skipper 847652
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:07 pm

I want that pony! By the looks of him he could probably carry me too lol!.

You said that he sired many offspring. Is he gelded now or just a very well mannered stud?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 pm

SD - he's gelded. Apparently when he was a stud (and young) he was quite a handful. At one time the owner (a few owners ago) wanted to geld him but the government wouldn't allow it. I was talking to the fellow on the weekend (he dropped in for a visit) and he said that Skipper was gelded about 14 years ago when he was 8. Or it may have been 8 years ago when he was 14. (I'm a little dyslexic when it comes to numbers). He's very well mannered now and has the patience of jobe.
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 am

Sooo cute :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Ride on Skipper   First Ride on Skipper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Ride on Skipper
Page 1 of 1