Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good day yet bad Day!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oakie Dokie

Good day yet bad Day!!! Empty
PostSubject: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 am

I am changing boarding facilities and I feel horriable leaving because I have made so many friends at this place.......But I have 2 small children and I am working more so I have to go to the barn more in the evenings and weekends and I need a spot for my kids to be warm and be able to watch me work my horse......And going more at night and weekends it is REALLY busy with lots of horses and I don't want my kids getting hurt... and I need a safe spot for the kids to be while I am working my horse...

FYI.....My kids are 7 and 6 and very well behaved....They know the rules and don't run aroung or anything like that it's just I want them to enjoy the horse more and my hubby included which isen't a horse person...So a heated viewing room is impt for us!!! And this place has half the horses so if I go out in the evening it is less hectic..

Has any of you gone through this??? I am not leaving on bad terms....

I have awsome vibes about where I am going and I am super excited BUT I feel bad about leaving this place....Know what I mean???

It kinda boiles down to the amount of board you pay and you need to be happy!! Because it is a lot of money...I am actually going to be paying $50.00 bucks more...

This is what I hate about boarding....Peoples feelings....It took me 3 days to tell them...Now people are saying DON"T LEAVE< DON"T LEAVE....I think this is going to be a long 30 days notice...

I'd love to hear your experiences....I kinda need the support!
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

PostSubject: Re: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 am

I haven't had to move to competing barns (just different locations) but have seen lots of people come and go at one of my old barns. The best advice I can give is to make you best effort to never say anything wrong about the place you are at. I hate when people decide to leave and then they talk down about the barn they are leaving (sometimes not intentionally), but even stating stuff like "Horse will be so much happier because of...." doesn't come off good, IMO. (not saying that is what you would say but have heard it enough times that it is kinda like a backward insult)

When people say "Don't leave..." just remind them that there is the internet where you can keep in contact. You sound like you are excited for the benefits of the new place, so just try to remember that :)
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:21 pm

That is the thing I am NOT leaving because of Horse Care issues or my Feathers in a ruffle......I love where I am at it is just not really set up for my situation....I don't want the kids and my hubby sitting in the car because there are too many horses around or they are cold.....We are all in this together and I want them to enjoy it because we spend a lot of money on the horse....

I just needed a few more things that this stable offered...Low key, heated viewing room, round pen is a plus too because my guy will be started undersaddle in the spring.....

I understand about trash talking and I don't participate in thoes conversations, and I don't start them...I have been into horses for 18 years and I know how SMALL the horse world is....

Lets just say she is going to trailer my horse to the new place.....So really there is no hard feelings..

I just want to know if others have ever felt the same feelings.....Somethimes I wish I had my featers in a ruffle that way it would be easier to leave!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:31 pm

you dont really mean that last statement.........then you would be worried about your horse while you wait for the 30days to be up...........beleive me...the barn owner understands these things, having been in the boarding business at one time or another.....its the nature of the beast.........and they, we all understand that circumstances change, I dont know too many folks that hold anything against past boarders because they had to move...........really......and like you said, its a small world, I'm sure any friends you want to keep, you will!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Yes OD, it is a very hard decision to make. One that I have made various times, under various circumstances.

In fact, the last place that I moved from was an incredible barn to be at. The owner was a fantastic care giver to my mare. Plus her husband and family were always very helpful in anything I needed. I chose to leave because my riding coach/friend and her husband are building a new barn and arena for themselves for training horses year round. They asked me if I would like to be a full time boarder, since I was there from May -Nov. I went to the other great facility from Nov-May. I was thrilled my coach/friend asked me to board full time with them. It certainly was hard telling the other barn owner I was leaving. I still visit that barn when I get a chance as well.

It does make you wonder if there are any hard feelings, and I'm sure there are a few. But after they think about the reasoning behind your decision, I'm sure they understand.

I hope this helps ease your mind a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good day yet bad Day!!!   Good day yet bad Day!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good day yet bad Day!!!
Page 1 of 1