Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's time :(

Go down 
+12
Tammy
Lightning
Loves Color
just joan
Ellie*Mae
Freva
Simi
lb-ranch
C4B's
D-Cutch
Wissy
SexyDexy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

It's time :( Empty
PostSubject: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm waiting for a call back from the vet as to when he can come and put Hubba to sleep. It's time :( 801449

I wanted to give him a couple of weeks out in the pasture since it was so wet this fall and they were locked in the paddock for the better of 2 1/2 months. I noticed this past week his other hind leg is bothering him, likely due to compensating for the bad ankle. Sometimes I look out and he's just standing there with his foot in the air and wringing his neck (you know when they flick their heads around in a big circle). Dexter does it when he's pissed off or I'm too slow bringing the food so I imagine Hubba is doing it because he is in pain. He's back to where he started in terms of weight too, lost everything I managed to get on him over the summer.

I know they have no concept of death and he lives his life day to day but I know what's coming and it sucks It's time :( 801449

Please keep him in your thoughts for an easy passing. Also think of George too, he's losing his best buddy and I'm sure he'll be very upset.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:37 pm

oh Az I am so sorry, I knew this was coming .. sad to see what must be.. your doing the right thing no matter how hard it will be. Hugs to you .. wishing I could be there for you.. if you need anything give me a shout.
love ya girl
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Thanks M.

Trevor's coming tomorrow morning. I didn't think he'd be able to get here till next week so now I'm freaking a little cause it's gonna happen so soon.

I've gotta go tell his former owner now, I hope she understands.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

I think you're making the right decision SD - it is very clear you take the well being of your animals very seriously and that you've put a lot of thought into your decision. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Oh SD !!!! I will be thinking of you, i will be with you in spirit!! if it is any consolation Bailey knew nothing about it, i held him and looked him in the eyes telling him what a good boy he was, they gave him the injection, he took a couple of steps bent down had a mouth full of grass and was gone!!!then i went to bits as you will !!! HUGS to you, you are doing this for him if you did not love him you could leave him longer to suffer !!!!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Will be thinking of you at this time. I laud you for being strong enough to make such a decision.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:42 pm

It's gonna be ok girl.. hold tight, rough road ahead but then it smooths out after a bit.. I'll be thinking of you and will be squeezing you in my thoughts..
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:17 pm

you have to do whats best for him, ((( Hugs))) to you !
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:22 pm

You have made your difficult decision with love and compassion. You have given Hubba the best attention and care since he has been with you, Will be thinking of you!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 6:31 pm

It's time :( 757770 to both of you......know you are making the best decision for a friend....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm

you know in your own heart that this is what is best for him. I hope you have a friend with you tomorrow to hold on to and cry with...........if that is not possible, please believe that we all will be with you in spirit. It's time :( 757770
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Thank you ladies for being supportive. Like I mentioned before, not everyone in my life supports this decision and some very hurtful words were said to me today. It makes me second guess myself even more.

My neighbour offered to come and be with me and I may ask her to. Right now my stomach is in knots and I feel like I'm going to be sick. I doubt if I'll sleep much tonight.
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:44 pm

:hug.gif:

Sometimes part of being a good animal owner is making the hard decisions. Hang in you are doing what you need to do.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:18 am

Az those unkind words you heard for the decission you've made is garbage, obviously they don't know you very well.. hang in there girl.. you have made the right decission.. when they start to suffer it's always the right time..
Hugs
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this terrible time today and in the coming days. {{{HUGS}}}
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

As hard as it is, try to ignore the harsh words that others say. It's an indication of their ignorance of what's involved in responsible, compassionate pet ownership. You ARE doing the right thing - as we would all agree. It'll be hard and you'll probably have doubts afterwards and question yourself, but try to remember that you had the priviledge of helping a friend in a time when he most needed help. He'd thank you if he could.

:hug.gif:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:44 am

So sorry you have to make this decision. It's a real tough one, just know it's RIGHT... hang in there..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Hubba passed peacefully at around 11:00 this morning. My neighbour came down to be with me which I didn't think I needed but I'm glad she did. I had a good cry then brought George up to say his goodbye's. The poor guy thinks that Hubba is up at the neighbours getting all the attention from the ladies. He watched as he was buried but it was in the direction of the neighbours barn so he thinks Hubba's up there. He's a little on edge but should calm down soon. Thanks for all your kind words. It does make it easier. It's time :( 757770
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm so sorry Az.... wishing I could have been there with you.. ((hugs)))
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:07 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had a friend with you...I had my pet euthanized and felt I could do it alone...which i did...but I wish I had someone there to absorb all the vet's (compassionate) words and information as he spoke alot but I hardly remember a word of it due to it being the worst day of my life and being so upset. I held back the tears until she was gone and even after I drove her to the crematorium (with a friend though as i wasn't sure if i'd be able to drive) I held it together. That first nite without her felt very wrong and lonely...very dark. But it had to be done...there was no question...as she was in pain...and there was not a glimmer of hope as my vet said. We'll all be thinking of you, and know that you are not alone in making the world's hardest decision and dealing with the vast emotions that come with that. I felt relief that my pet no longer suffered, then intense lonileness when I visited the barn as she was not there. BUT each day will be easier I promise. Take care.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:16 pm

I was thinking of you all day Cindyrelly..............I'm really glad you had a friend with you.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 pm

So sorry for your loss....You made the best decison for him...My heart breaks for you....HUGS
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:46 am

So sorry for your loss SD. I think you gave Hubba some of the best months of his life. You should be happy that he died after being given the opportunity to just be a horse and to be loved by you and not cooped up in a stall at the track. You made the right decision.

It's time :( 757770 It's time :( 757770 It's time :( 757770
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: SD   It's time :( Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Oh SD. I have been MIA here for awhile and am so sorry to hear of Hubba's passing. you made the right decision....There is another saved soul out there and you gave him all you could...

May he RIP.....So sorry to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's time :(   It's time :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's time :(
Page 1 of 1