Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Standardbred's Second Chance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

Standardbred's Second Chance Empty
PostSubject: Standardbred's Second Chance   Standardbred's Second Chance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 pm

I was googling around and on Atlantic Rider I came across a site and for the life of me i can't get the site's link on here...but it's Morning Star Acres. They are a family oriented business located in NB and their focus is on finding Standarbred horses a life after their racing days are over.

A quote from Morning Star Acres: "We thrive and do our best to get these horses and the breed into a second chance for a very good life different from that of the race track. Certainly keep us in mind when you are ready to get a STB......We continue to post horses wanting homes on a regular basis. Bookmark our website for future reference and certainly spread the word."

A quote from the Testimonial Page..."I hope people start to realize what they are doing to these horses by breeding so many just to get the faster few....and disposing of the rest like they are nothing whether they are retired or just yearlings....It is just so sad to see..........But you are making a difference...."

I know not everyone is looking for a Standardbred...but I, personally, am strongly considering contacting them for my next trail horse prospect. They are worth looking into...whether you are looking for a riding horse or a companion...they seem to accomodate many needs...including jumping, dressage, trail horse, lesson horse, the list goes on and on. Not all are old either...they are of varying ages and sound and able.

Just an idea...maybe not for you... but there may just be a wonderful relationship "waiting to happen" between you, or a friend, in need of that perfect horse in need of a home.

Morning Star Acres also encourages owners of race horses to contact THEM when they are "done" with their standardbred horse for whatever reason it may be....instead of sending the horse to the "auction.

Hope you will check it out and like the site asks...spread the word.

Also, the Ontario Standardbred Adoption Society is another site with lots of horses looking for homes.

Last edited by LittleRoam on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Standardbred's Second Chance   Standardbred's Second Chance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

I agree, LittleRoam. Morning Star Acres do great work and have relocated many animals into great homes. There is a link to their website on the "Website" page here on ME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: STBS   Standardbred's Second Chance Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Thankyou Little Roam and Freva...I can only say although soemtimes we pass some down and are n ot able to place them right away we are looking to imporve that in 2010 with a fwe foster homes...
We had one fostered last year and the home decided to keep the horse as their own.

Being we offer a FREE no donation based service we are not interested in chargiung fees like many people have highly suggested we do as it will only chase people away. Owners need to know someone is there to help and not take $R$ from them.....It keeps them coming.
We will be taking in Spring - fall urgent relocations here pon site but won't advertise it as you know how that goes. they will come by the tons.....and trailer full....

Those urgently needing to be moved that are great candidates for homes and retraining will be pastured here to settle this way locally we can document their temprament closely and give easier access to the potential home to view.....Winter pasturing will not be offered......Things are pretty much quiet in the winter.....Most owners will keep the horse stabled.

Thankyou you all.....for the kindness expressed here
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standardbred's Second Chance   Standardbred's Second Chance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standardbred's Second Chance
Page 1 of 1