Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

can you guys give me some input?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

can you guys give me some input? Empty
PostSubject: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Hey guys we are heading to the IWK next month for my sons check up and was wondering if you know of any good hotels, I was searching online and found a few...Atlantica hotel is one that I was interested in because it had a pool and it seems close to the IWK but is it in a bad area or is it a dingy place? Can you guys suggest other places that seem nice and are handy to the IWK, I have only been to halifax a couple of times so I don't really know my way around. Also I know how to find Greenhawk but is there anymore tack shops I need to check out while I am in the area? We are heading south from Cape Breton so any along the way too :)
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

That's the old Holiday Inn on the corner of Quinpool and Robie. I wouldn't say it is a bad part of town. It's right across from the commons so you're only likely to run into sketchy characters if you're wandering around there at night lol! I stayed there about 15 years ago and it was nice. The only other choices in that area that I can think of are Cambridge Suites on Brunswick St and the Lord Nelson (likely very expensive though).

As far as tack shops there is one, Road Apples, off of the Hammonds Plains Rd (heading towards Tantallon). Along the way you could stop here in Truro and go to Wayne's. I was there on Saturday and he has some winter sales on. He also seems to have a lot more stuff in there somehow, not like it a big place to start with. It was difficult getting around in there lol!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 am

Where is Waynes? I don't know Truro at all I have tried to find it before with no luck. I wil have to try and find Road apples too, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 am

Wayne's is on Ryland Avenue, right across from one of the entrances to the racetrack. Easy when you're coming from CB:

Take exit 17 (Bible Hill) off of the 104. Turn Left onto Pictou Road. Your going to drive almost to the end of Pictou Road, about 6 kms. Turn right onto Vimy Road (at a set of lights, the second set of lights you'll come to). The next left is Ryland Ave. Wayne's is about 1/2 km down that road on the left. There is a wooden sign out front of his house (light green house), the shop is in behind.
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you guys give me some input?   can you guys give me some input? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can you guys give me some input?
Page 1 of 1