Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not a Great Day

Go down 
+4
Tammy
Wissy
D-Cutch
Freva
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 pm

We are having a miserable day of freezing rain. I have been slip sliding around all day but finally ended up taking a good tumble after I finished work today. I have the warmest pair of winter boots ever but I am finding they have zero traction on ice. It happened so fast. I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on a cement floor....now a few hours later I have the tiniest headache but can feel a stiff neck brewing. I somehow also bruised the palm of my left hand and my left knee. I am going to live to haunt everyone another day but now I am worried sick about our girls walking out in the yard. They are on 24/7 turn out and can go into 2 seperate run ins but they prefer to wander around. Fred has moved feeders into the corrals to try and make them stay where there may be less ice. He will put sand and sawdust on the yards for traction once the rain stops so I hope they decide to go in where it is dry and warm until then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Glad to hear you're alright Val and certainly hope it is only a very slight stiff neck tomorrow.

I know one thing - your girls certainly get great care! You and Fred don't forget much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 pm

ewwwww that's not good.. hope your ok.. try and stay inside if you can, you shouldn't risk another fall and banging your head again.. geesh.. We had freezing rain for a bit and it got very slippery , but it's warmed up here now and seems better..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 pm

We just don't bounce like we used to! Keep an eye on that headache and if it gets any worse make sure you get seen to. Last year I invested in a pair of the strap on ice cleat things from MEC and they ROCK. I won't go out in the ice without them. You litterally don't have to watch where or how you step with them - they're that "grippy". I do the same as you for the critters except for the sand. Sawdust, sawdust and more sawdust. And I know this will sound gross but I find that the sawdust with a wee bit of that "urine" additive (courtesy of the bests) makes for the best traction.

We're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow evening so I guess it'll be our turn then. I HATE ICE !!!!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:19 pm

I have a feeling my bouncing days are done!!! It happened so very quickly....I am sure if I hit somewhere other than my head...I may have been hurt!!! I got a hard noggin and lots of padding!!! The headache is not bad at all but my neck is a bit stiff. Tammy you are right...the extra "mositure" really helps to make the sawdust stick. As a precaution tonight, we closed the girls into two corrals that go into the run ins since the yard super slick tonight. It is still windy and raining so I hope now it will keep it up long enough to bare the ground.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Ugh, I am so scared of hitting my head when I'm on ice. I had one bad fall about 10 years ago that has stuck with me. I was running across the driveway and fell backwards and cracked my head on the ice. That was the most painful thing I have ever done to myself, even more painful than the broken rib. The lump on my head was huge and it felt mushy for a week or more afterwards. I cringe everytime I walk on ice now.

Thank goodness your okay. You could always wear a helmet out in the yard till the ice melts lol!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:34 am

Thank goodness you are ok!!! that could have been nasty, like Tammy says keep an eye on the headache and if you feel sick at all get it checked out !!! and get some ice walker things to go on your boots they are really good!!!! try not to worry about the girls they have 4 legs, much easier than 2 hahahahaha but you will still worry i would too !!!!
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Hope the head is feeling better soon! Last winter my boyfriend made "corks" for my winter boots, they worked great, basically he screwed in a few very short screws int othe thick sole of my boots and that way I had LOTS of grip on the icy spots, it was great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 pm

OMG woman.....where the Bleeding heart are your safety spikes that attach to your boots........I dont leave the porch without wearing them........sure hope your headache quits and you get your balance back a little.......got any nice sherry you could sip a little...........those clamp on things you can now get at sears, but the best are at LEE vALLEY AND THEY DONT COST an arm and a leg......... Not a Great Day 757770 Not a Great Day 757770
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
C4B's

C4B's

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Don'y want to change to subject.... but JJ i must have got you really hooked on the sherry hahahahahahahahah , go ahead and try it Freva, Harveys bristol cream sherry !!! i just love it !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not a Great Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a Great Day   Not a Great Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a Great Day
Page 1 of 1