Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE

Go down 
+4
Sailorgirl
Simi
Deborah
Tammy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:27 am

It's been rainy. And rainy. And did I mention that it's been rainy? Yesterday the sun came out so Skipper and I went for a cart ride. I'm trying to upload some video now so thought I'd type out a little update while I waited.

A few significant things have happened around here. I tried the tea biscuit recipe that Lightning posted on The Bucketlist. I waited until Kayla came home from school so that she could help me, so you KNOW that chocolate chips HAD to be involved. She wasn't too impressed with having to cut the butter into the flour so bailed after a few minutes.

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Cuttinginthebutter

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Cuttinginthebutter3

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Cuttinginthebutter2

I didn't let the first batch bake quite long enough so they were a wee bit raw on the inside. Nothing a bit of extra butter couldn't solve though! Our second batch turned out much better. And the chocolate chips were YUMMY !!

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Firstbatch

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Secondbatch

I figured Lord Gord would be really impressed coming home to some fresh baked biscuits. He was pretty excited to say the least. I had also cooked up a nice roast, etc to compliment the biscuits. I anxiously waited while he bit into his, expecting some sort of sound of joy. Instead he made a funny face, reached up to his mouth and pulled out a STAPLE !!!! Yes - A STAPLE !!! Then he accused me of trying to cause him bodily harm, if you can imagine. There had been an elusive staple on my counter for a few days. You know the kind. You see it one minute and then when you go to pick it up to put it in the garbage you can't find the damn thing. Well, I FOUND IT !!! It must have been on the counter area where I patted out the biscuit dough. It was pretty funny to say the least! lol!

About a week prior to the staple incident we had a call from Ford to bring our truck in for a end of lease pre-inspection. Our lease wasn't up until May and we were already at our max kms so I asked Gord to find out what it'd cost to BUY a new one (instead of leasing) and if they'd take our truck back early without penalty. Ford had a great deal on until the end of Feb with 0% financing. He came home and said yep, they'd take our truck back and could put us into a new one for about the same payment. I thought, "great ... now I won't have to worry about the f-in mileage all the time". I looked through the brochure and wrote down my "must haves". You know the essentials like towing package, towing mirrors, etc. The next day he called me from work and said he couldn't get a truck with the options I needed so we were keeping our old truck. I WAS RIPPIN'!

The next week Fronie and I were shopping and I was telling her how Lord Gord blew the deal, etc, etc, etc. That night when he came home (the same night as the tea biscuit incident) he called and said, "tell Kayla to come outside I brought her home a surprize". When we went outside, this is what we saw ...

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Surprize

Well I didn't know whether to kill him or kiss him (so I did neither). Kayla went straight into "drama mode" and was "crying" with joy. It must be the latest thing going on at school.

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Dramamama

I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to keep a secret like that for over a week. I'd burst for sure! Afterwards we went in for supper and that's when he found the staple, so he figures I was trying to kill him because I figured he messed up the truck deal. Little does he know I'd have used a different tactic which would guarantee success ....

Just another day in the neighbourhood!
Back to top Go down
Deborah

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for that hilarious update!! Always lots going on in your neck of the woods. That is quite a secret only a man could keep... says something about their communication skills I believe!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh my god you had me laughing at work lol.. Love the truck way to go Lord Gord!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Hahahaha...love it!!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

nice truck your updates are always hillarious
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Some secret...I can't keep a secret for a few hours. Great truck.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

LOVE THE TRUCK.......not so sure about the biscuits with chocolate chips...cheese yes......but what the rose with the staple??........hahahaha.....well, I think men get everything they deserve/..........
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:07 pm

* sigh* I'm like so envious.. NICE TRUCK!!!! Seems everyone has been baking biscuits as of late. Must be the weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE
Page 1 of 1