Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Well ladies ( and the scattered Gent), it's been awhile since I've posted much about the happenings at Peetree Stables. It hasn't been dull, let me tell you that! Lord Gord is getting used to So and Cute - I think he may even like them a little. Kayla has brought them into the living room for a snuggle and the Lord didn't blow his top so I'm taking that as a positive sign. We had them on the couch today and Cute peed on it and Kayla. Now I know THAT would be pushing the envelope for sure, so we're keeping that our dirty little secret.

Kayla has been sick again. On Sunday we had 39 cms of snow so of course on Monday morning we had to take Kayla into emergency due to her vomiting and abdominal pain. The doc thinks it may be the start of appendicitis so told us to keep a close eye on her. She was fine the rest of the day but last night it hit her again around 5. Fronie and I were talking about how sick she's been and trying to link the timelines with any changes in her life. Our latest theory is lactose intolerance. Kayla had an ice cream sandwich yesterday afternoon (I know, not the best choice when she's been sick but I'm desperate to get SOME form of nourishment into her) and then she was sick that evening. When we thought back there were other times that she was sick soon after she had ice cream. So now I'm on the mission to find out if this may be the problem. I told Kayla and she claims that she cannot live without ice cream. Well, we're about to put that theory to the test!

By today she had bounced back to her usual self. I kept her home from school so that she could get some strength back. My nerves are about gone now. We started the day by painting some holiday ornaments. Then she got it in her head that she wanted to make outfits for So and Cute. Here they are in their new get-ups. I probably don't need to mention that they aren't impressed!

Cutting the material

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2296

So
PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2297
PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2298

Cute
PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2299
PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2300
PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2301

This is the new cage that I built them. It's made out of the cube screens and vinyl flooring. Lots of room! I was pretty impressed with myself, if I do say so. Admit it - you are too!

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE IMG_2295

As you can see, the fun is continuing with the new boys. They are pretty tame and put up with lots of attention. The only thing that I hate is that when we let them run loose in the craft room I spend most of my time mopping up their little "presents and puddles" that they leave around. Ugh!

We had 39 cms of snow on Sunday, with a northeasterly wind. Usually with a wind like that I can close half of the barn windows and due to the overhang the stalls stay nice and dry. WRONG !!! I put the boys in at noon because of the weather (Stretch was NOT impressed that his face was getting snowy). Around 4 I went out to see how they were doing and they were all huddled into the far corner of their stalls. I think they would have climbed the bars if they could have. The snow and slush had come in their windows and their entire one side was covered in icicles, slush and snow. Don't think they weren't cursing ME! Ahhh ... another lesson learned.

Today Fronie came over to stay with Kayla while I went out and did the barn. Kayla has been dying to get out into the snow so I told them that they could go out for a bit as long as Kayla had her snowpants, hat and mitts on. She doesn't want to wear them this year because it goes against her fashion image at school that she needs to uphold. Ugh! I was in the barn and heard all the squeeling and giggling so went out to see what the two of them were up to. They'd dug out the toboggan (which is cracked) and were sledding down one of the piles of snow from the driveway. I took a few snaps and then decided to do a video. When you watch the second one listen carefully at the end of it. You are going to crack up when you hear what Kayla says!

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Th_MVI_2307

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Th_MVI_2308

The ponies aren't really enjoying the snow. I cannot believe that I'm always concerned that their paddocks aren't big enough - and as soon as the snow comes and is any deeper than their fetlocks, they choose to exist in a small area that's barely big enough for them to walk around in. What a bunch of chickens! The upside is that they all look cleaner! If the snow stays I'm hoping to get the sleigh out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:14 pm

I didnt get to hear the end of the 2nd video..........it stopped half way through...........

anyway..........I do love what you have made for cages for the two hairy guys...........(are they both guys)......and their costumes are pretty coool..........thats what pets have to put up with, other wise they would be someone elses dinner...in another country like Guinea...........anyway. the Kayla and milk products may be what to look into for sure,,,,,,,,,,hopefully that will be it and she can get on with the rest of her life .......full of joy without the every other week visit to some doctor or other.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 am

Ha... I just can't get over these two guinea pigs! I didn't know they could be such pets and put up with that, especially being dressed up. I always did that to my cats and dogs growing up.. Too cute!

OH MY.. Those videos are cute and LOVE the last bit of it! hahaha Least she's honest! ha
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 pm

Oh my she's going to be so embaressed by that when she's older lol.

I too didn't realise how much fun guinea pigs could be :)
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:00 pm

The guniea pigs are a riot! Now that they are all settled in, if you walk past the craft room door and dare to talk they start cheeping at you looking for food. The other night Lord Gord went to lock the front door and he must have been muttering to himself. The boys started giving him what for! It's unbelieveable how loud they are! The Lord is definitely warming up to them.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Those are some stylin' piggies PEETREE STABLES UPDATE 368450
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PEETREE STABLES UPDATE   PEETREE STABLES UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PEETREE STABLES UPDATE
Page 1 of 1