Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning question~kitchen stove

Go down 
+3
Purple Chaps
Wissy
mypony
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mypony

Cleaning question~kitchen stove Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Just want to know what some of you use to clean your kitchen stove. I have a propane kitchen stove and it takes a lot of work to keep the pieces around and above the burners clean.

Has anyone found a product that works well to remove the burnt on food stuff? I usally soak the things that sit above the burner and the one piece that two burners stick through. Then use an SOS pad and scrub clean. Hopeing there is an easier way!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

oh my.. it's been over 20 yrs since I cleaned an oven, I have a self clean oven, would never buy anything but..
However when I was younger and had a clean yourself model .. I used oven cleaner.. let is set for a few hours then wiped it clean with paper towel and if some stuff didn't come off, I did what you do.. scoured with and sos pad.. glad I don't have to do that anymore..
Back to top Go down
Purple Chaps

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm

I also have a self cleaning oven (thank god!!) But when Hubbs bakes anything to my pots or baking sheets I use Hertel all pourpos cleaner (the biodegradable one...white spray bottle with blue sprayer)

I put a little in the bottom of a pot and let it sit for 20 mins and MAGIC, most of whatever is baken on just rinses off :)
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

:hello_graphics ... Cleaning stoves.. thats what husbands are for.. I have never ever cleaned an oven.. I can't breath around the cleaners... so that along with BBqing, lawn mowing, doing garbage falls under the heading of "Man's Work".. like dahhhhhhhhhh girl get with the program!! Cleaning question~kitchen stove 722659 :Chicken-Dance.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

I totally agree with MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmiley.png: oh ya!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 pm

You mean you're supposed to clean stoves? ...
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm

yup Tammy you are .. but you have to wear tampons up your nose to block the fumes.. Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417 Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417 Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417 Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417 Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417 Cleaning question~kitchen stove 584417
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Or you can just leave your BF alone to make nachos at 1 in the morning and he will switch on a clean cycle instead of turning it off. Cleaning question~kitchen stove 382802 Talk about stink!

I think MyPony was talking about the burner thingies that get dirty. When I had a coil top stove I would just buy new burner 'bowls' (with the ring attached) instead of cleaning them. I know, I'm freakin lazy lol!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 am

SexyDexy wrote:
I think MyPony was talking about the burner thingies that get dirty. When I had a coil top stove I would just buy new burner 'bowls' (with the ring attached) instead of cleaning them. I know, I'm freakin lazy lol!

Ahhhhh of course!! Well yes that is my charge.. the top of the stove. When I had a coil top stove, I would remove the rings and pots, soak them and clean with comet and sos. Needless to say it didn't take long for them to be worn out. and then I too had to purchase more pots and rings. I did use the tin foil thingys in them.. helped a bit. ( I also used to clean my counter top with comet and sos.. weekly... that was when I had far more time and energy than I have now.. I had a clean fetish.. way back then.. lol!

May I suggest when you purchase your next stove.. get a glass top.. they are wonderful.. and easy to clean. LOVE mine!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 am

Thank god I have a flat top stove! When we bought this stove, I wanted the self cleaning oven SOOO badly, but it was way more $$$. Jason agreed he would be the oven cleaner. Well, that was a lie! For all you ladies who have men that clean the oven, you're lucky! I cleaned mine last week for the first time in ages and it was Bleeding heart. I hate that job!

I ditto the SOS pads for the top, don't know what I would do without them. Also, I think you can use oven cleaner as a spot cleaner. The smell is brutal, but if your top is that bad you can give it a quick spot spray of the oven cleaner, let it sit for as long as you can and then the top should be MUCH easier to clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning question~kitchen stove   Cleaning question~kitchen stove Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning question~kitchen stove
Page 1 of 1