Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow

Go down 
+5
just joan
C4B's
Wissy
Tammy
SexyDexy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:40 am

I'm just about freaking out today and I need some good thoughts from all of you. I have to give a presentation on our research work at a Christmas tree growers conference tomorrow morning. Normally my boss would be the one to do this but he is still away in Cambodia. There is going to be 100+ people there including a few government ministers so I have to, somehow, keep it together. :Chicken-Dance.

One of my biggest fears is public speaking. I have a hard time teaching my labs and that's only 10-12 students. Plus since I just recently started working with this research program it will be the first time a lot of people in the industry will see/meet me. I have to make a good first impression. I'd probably be a bit calmer if I had a few drinks but showing up to a conference half in the bag probably wouldn't make for the best first impression I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 574459 lol!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:33 am

I'd recommend vodka as it doesn't leave much of a smell. Then have a sip of Pepsi afterwards. The teenagers around my area says it cuts the smell from your mouth. Seriously though, I USED to be petrified of public speaking but was forced into doing it because of my job. The big thing is to breathe and talk slowly. What sounds like too slow to you would probably be just the right speed for the audience. I also found that if you can glaze your eyes over you don't really see the audience either!

I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 197264
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 am

oh honey you'll be fine.. just wear a low cut top and no one will hear what your saying anyhow.. heheheheh.. I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 466697 I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 561245
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:47 pm

You will be great you really know your stuff !!!! just remember like Tammy said speak slowly and look at just a few people make eye contact with them and you will forget there are so many there, will be thinking of you !!!! I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 197264
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:01 pm

CINDYRELLY...........NOW.....if you had hurried up on getting the SKYPE thing going you could have practiced........however.......you just have to think about talking to your own computer........you dont have to pick a face or envision all of the audience in their knickers or naked.........you just have to know your stuff.........and that you know in spades right..............so, breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth, all you have to do is start with your introduction and JUST DO IT.........if you like i COULD GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF JOKES TO BREAK THE ICE........but probably you will be much more professional without them...........YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.....ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET OUT THERE.............I'M ROOTING FOR YOU..................WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO :cowboyhound.gi :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:29 pm

You'll do great...they are just people like you and me.

:good_luck_grap
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks! I've spent the whole day typing up my notes so I can spend this evening studying like a mad woman. I don't like having notes infront of me for the actual presentation because I will end up reading.

Oh my nerves...
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Wissy ... you're no friggin' help at all! I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 552227 What the heck are we going to do with you?

I don't like notes either because of the tendancy to read from them. But DO make up point form notes (in BIG writing) - but only put your main topics - not in sentence format.

And if you DO decide to follow Wissy's advice, make sure you have on a really nice bra!
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm

You'll be fine girl!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:34 pm

omg god Dexy... you will do just fine, I have tons of faith in you.. and Tammy really have you ever seen the size of SD's boobs.. heheheheh believe me if there is any men in that group they won't be watching her mouth.. :doglaugh.gif: :doglaugh.gif: :doglaugh.gif: we don't call her sexy dexy for nothing .. and she's a very pretty blonde too!!!! :doglaugh.gif: :doglaugh.gif:
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:40 am

You will do great, Dexy...you know your stuff. If it helps, do all of the above but we all know you will be just fine!!!!!!!

I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 197264
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:08 am

christ wissy, I'm gonna slap the thistle outta you..........CINDYRELLY IS ONE OF THE SMARTEST WOMEN I KNOW............she dont need to flaunt her stuff.....its HER OTHER STUFF that will keep them listening.,I;M SURE YOU DID GREAT............SO. I'M SAYING :congratulation :congratulation :congratulation YOU DID TERRIFIC WORK.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 pm

haha oh ya Joan.. you will have to have a long arm to reach me ...lol.. Sexy Dexy knows I adore her.. she the bestest nose picker I know.. I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 45324 lol... Congrats Dexy you rock.. I bet you did fine and everyone loves ya.. I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 573748 I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow 203650
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Well thank you for the votes of confidence ladies, and for the, umm, compliments from Wissy. How the heck did this turn into a conversation about my boobs!
You were all right and everything went well. I was more nervous than I wanted to be but I covered everything I planned and lots of people complimented me afterwards. I can't say enough about the Christmas tree growers. They are a great bunch any very enthusiastic. It is a nice change to have people sincerely interested in your work. They were mobbing me at lunch to ask questions. It really renews my interest in my job. It's great knowing that what I do may have a huge impact on their livelihoods!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:02 pm

WAY TO GO CINDYRELLY.............WE KNEW YOU WOULD KNOCK EM DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!glad you are home safe and sound and feeling all new and fresh and excited about your work.............woooo hooo
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 pm

and the only one talking about your boobs........is the big booby.......WISSY...........
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh, and Wissy was right. They. Were all looking at my boobs, only because I had a huge friggen name tag dangling over them all day. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:11 pm

see I told ya.. hahahaha.. Don't ya hate it when I'm always right.. I was wrong only once but found out later I was mistaken.. heheheheheheh Dexy.. will you get skype so I will stop bugging Joan and Debbie lol
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 am

I'm so happy for you that things went well. Sounds as though you've been re-energized. Way to go!

PS - now I want to see those boobs!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:03 am

I knew you would do well!! Glad to hear it all went well. and I agree with Wissy... use what ever tools you have to do any job, even it that would be your boobs as a distraction.. lol.. Next time I'm sure you will not be as nervous. Its always great to get some positive imput back.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Glad it went well !!!!! :36_1_67[1].gif
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow   I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Need Some Serious Good Energy for Tomorrow
Page 1 of 1