Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD

Go down 
+5
lb-ranch
DesignedByDiesel
just joan
Wissy
Tammy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Empty
PostSubject: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Arrived in Halifax on schedule but without anyone to play with. No problemos - on to Plan B. Rent a car and get my butt down to Greenwood for the Fat and Furry Funshow that I'd read about on ME. Only problem was my license had expired in Jan and I hadn't gotten around to renewing it. No reason - just being ornery because I HATE giving the government any moola! I figured it was worth a shot and hopefully the rental person would still be half asleep and not check the expiration date on my license. Then I decided that I'd just keep jabbering as a precautionary move in case they WERE wake. So I strolled up to the rental counter and proceeded to tell "Buddy" that I'd just come in from St. John's, was going to meet my hubby who was over here on a business trip, we hadn't been away alone together in 8 years, I was going to go to Greenwood for the day for the Fat and Furry show - and how well I'd fit in because I'd gained weight over the winter and still hadn't shaved my legs, etc. (I think you get the idea). Well before you knew it I had keys in hand and Buddy was wishing me a fond farewell! I was so excited I felt like I was going to pee. I loaded the suitcase into the car, put my diet coke into the drink holder and then hit the road. Look out Greenwood, here I come!

I was making great time but then entered a construction zone. Didn't seem to be any construction on the go - figured it was too early for them. Next thing I spot is an RCMP ROAD BLOCK ahead. First thing through my mind was, "the car rental guy ran my license through the computer, found out it was expired and contacted the cops". I as reminding myself to remain calm as the officer started walking towards my car. I took note that he hadn't reached for his sidearm yet, and figured this was a good sign. Turns out they had to close the road off while some huge beams were being moved. Whew ... close one. I think that every cell in my body was sweating!

After the road block lifted I was on my merry way again. I wasn't sure EXACTLY where the club was so as I was approaching Greenwood I called and asked for directions. I thought she said get off at exit "C" but began to get a bit anxious when I spotted exit "E" which actually said Greenwood. So I called again. Yep - I was on the right track. Now I had to just look for Tim Hortons, turn there and then look for KFC and turn there. Found Timmy's - couldn't remember which way to turn. Called the club again. Back on track (after I turned around). Found KFC but once again had to call. FINALLY made it to the club. Parked and then started wandering around. I spotted Deb first so went up to introduce myself. The look on her face WAS PRETTY FUNNY! I hadn't missed any of the show and actually had time to meet Julie and Sherri before the festivities began. Well we certainly had a grand time. During lunch break Deb, Julie and I took a quick trip to Tip Top Tack. It was everything I could do not to roll on the floor in pure joy. A TACK SHOP ... what a concept! After modeling almost every belt there I picked one for myself and one for Fronie. Then it was time to get back to the show. We had time to grab some lunch. I treated Deb to some lovely hot dogs! And word of advice ... don't attempt to eat a tootsie roll that has been stored in the fridge!

The crowd at the show were a real hoot - even if Bowie said that I reminded him of "another lady but from Cape Breton". I had to look at myself and make sure I wasn't dressed in purple, because you know who HE meant ... JJ! I even met one of Skipper's offspring. Well not offspring I guess, but I think he was the great-great-grandson. I can't remember how many generations apart they were but Midnight's bloodlines include Skipper. How cool is THAT !? About half way through the baseball relay the Lord called so I had to head back to Halifax. Probably a good thing because I was laughing so hard that I had done a fair bit of dribbling so needed to change my nickers!

And here endeth the second chapter of the journey. More to come later. Oh, and I'm going to let Deb tell the story about her new seatbelt, which apparently comes in quite handy while riding .... NOT!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 pm

heheheh omg Tammy wishing even more that I hadn't missed you.. Greenwood is a hoot and the bunch there are awesome.. they friggin welcome everyone arms wide open.. Fat and Furry eh.. :doglaugh.gif: So when are you coming again.. load that pony in the trailer and come for a few days.. come on you know you wanna !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Oh Wissy ... if only it were that easier - AND CHEAP! You have NO idea how much I would like to live in an area where there are other people to ride with who share my passion (and humour - tee hee!)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 pm

well you;ll just have to get the lord to transfer here.. that's all.. heheheh and if you want to come for a clinic in the summer just pack up the trailer and come.. accomadations are free..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:02 am

hahaha.,,,,you dip........we talked about your license after sexydexy had her run in with the law.....its the end of march and you still dont have it done........woman..........wake up..........am so glad you got a chance to go meet some great folks........and I dont know what Bowies problem was........YOU HAVE AN ACCENT......even if you were wearing purple............and you are shorter............cant wait to see the pics.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 pm

OMG Tammy, you are a great story teller.. It was GREAT to meet you and your furry legs hahahaaaa
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:08 am

Here are the pictures from the Greenwood portion of the visit. There are lots!

First is the RCMP road block. And BTW - I actually renewed my license last night. I was sick and tired of having to drive the speed limit and obey all the traffic signs for fear of being pulled over. Now I'm good to go and can "drive 'er like I stole 'er!"

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3046

Greenwood Stables. What a fabulous facility!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3082
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3083

Debbie was the first one I met. You should have seen the look on her face! She's easy to sneak up on though because Dylan's ears have fluffies in them. Tee hee!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3047

Then there was Dawson - he wasn't even muddy!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3048

And Zippy - what a character he is!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3049

The show was a fun games sort of affair. I did alot of laughing to say the least. Here are some snaps from the various events.

Egg and Spoon

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3050
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3051
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3052
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3053
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3054
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3056

There was an open category and a walk/trot category so in between the two groups everyone would go out into the sunshine to warm up. It was 20 degrees the day before, but it sure wasn't 20 degrees the day of the show. Yet another reason not to have shaved my legs!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3057

I was fascinated by Zippy's tongue! I guess I have a thing for tongues ... never met one I didn't like!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3058
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3059

These ones are from command class. Apparently you can be called out for "misbehaving" even if you ARE still on the right lead!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3060
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3061
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3062

I think these were from the "down and back". I was REALLY impressed with the riding - and the fact that they can go FAST!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3063
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3064

Then there was one where they hold a rope between them and go around the barrels. Now it's beyond me why anyone would want to do this, but it WAS entertaining to watch!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3065

During lunch break Deb took me to the tack shop. I think I left my drool on the floor - hope Cathy doesn't slip. What beautiful stuff. Here I am modeling the belt that I pick out. "Sum fancy, eh?"

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3067
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3068
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3069
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3070
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3071
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3072

For lunch I had two hot dogs and then decided I just couldn't live without eating a refrigerated Tootsie Roll. As I'm munching away happily, SOMEONE asks me to hold their horse while they go pee. I mean I LOVE DAWSON but I WAS pretty busy trying to eat my Tootsie roll without losing a tooth. We somehow managed though ... the things I do ....

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3073
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3074
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3075

I met a really cute pony named Midnight who I fell in love with. When I talked to his owner I found out that he is a 4 yrs old (almost 5) Newfoundland pony from Skipper's bloodlines. No wonder he caught my eye!

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3078
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3079
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3080
HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD IMG_3081

That's all the pictures from this leg of the journey. I DO have 2 videos that I have to upload to Youtube and then post the link.
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

great pics, looks like a fun trip
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

Love love love all the pictures! Sounds like you had a blast on your trip. Thanks for sharing !!
Back to top Go down
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Nice pics. Love your belt.
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Great pictures! What a fun day that was! Too bad you had to leave early, but it was great to meet you HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD 368450

Midnight is a sweet little pony, i had the privilege of riding him in a few classes at the Fat n Furry show before this one. Hes a ton of fun!
Back to top Go down
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Oh Tammy, I absolutely LOVE your story lines and I like how you have 3 or 4 pictures of my horses' tongue stuck out... He is a little on the special side... But he can go pretty and he really is a pleasure horse and he USUALLY doesn't act like such a crazy horse..... He just felt very good from the winter time that's all.... I love my Zippy. :)
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 am

oh Sherry.. I loooove Zippy too.. he's a good boy..
Tammy.. pics were awesome.. you fit right in like you lived there.. amazing place isn't it.. I can't wait to get down there again soooon..
Ok Tammy.. you have to retire to the valley... and so does Joan.. wouldn't we all have a blast.. Greenwood would never be the same.. hahahah
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am

OMG we'd all be riding driving fools!!! I'd be quite happy if you all could even come for a weekend of riding!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD   HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALIFAX TO GREENWOOD
Page 1 of 1