Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER

Go down 
+2
Freva
Tammy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Empty
PostSubject: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:05 am

And so it continues ...

I left Greenwood and met up with Lord Gord at the Halifax airport. I turned in my car, wiped the sweat from my brow and told him I wasn't going to drive anymore until I got my license renewed. (that didn't last long). Originally we were going to spend the night in Halifax but the Lord heard that there may be nasty weather coming so we decided to beat it down to Metegan River that afternoon. I shed a few tears when we passed the exit for Greenwood, because you KNOW where I'd rather have been. Oh well ...

I'd never been to Metegan River. It was a nice little spot. People were friendly - although they talk funny. Half french and half english so my brain was very confused. Translation just doesn't work. We stayed in a nice place called "something ... blah, blah, du Capitaine". Beautiful rooms and very friendly owner. The first morning the Lord got up and went to the shipyard so I had a lovely little lay in. What a treat! He came back at lunch to give me the car so I could do some toodling around with my expired license. I found out that "Frenchy's" is the thing to do in the area so I spent the afternoon sorting through bins of clothing - found a few things too! I've got to tell you about the rental car. It's one of those new fancy ones that have the push button start. Sort of freaky if you ask me! You don't put the key in the ignition, you just have to have the key with you then you step on the brake and push a button. Et voila - the car starts. The only thing that I didn't know was how to turn the darned thing off. I automatically assumed that if the friggin thing knew how to turn itself on, it'd know how to turn itself off. WRONG ! I went into the bank to withdraw money for the saddle I was going to look at the next day, and to my surprize when I came out the car was still running. Like ... didn't the car KNOW that I had gotten out?! Apparently you have to push the button to turn the car off. Hmmm .. good thing I was only on a quick errand!

That night we hooked up with a friend of Lord Gord's and his wife, who is a vet in Yarmouth. They have the privilege of riding the horses that the shipyard owner has - he was away in Florida. So despite the rain we decided to go for a ride. First I rode a draft/QH cross - Solie. What a smooth fellow he was. When we loped I felt like I was in a rocker recliner. HUGE stride. Then Catherine and I switched horses. Guess what I rode next ? ....

A ROCKY MOUNTAIN HORSE !!! It was AWESOME ! At first I couldn't tell WHAT gait he was doing, I just knew it was smooooooooth. You could definitely drink a beer on him without spilling a drop! We walked, trotted, did the fancy thing, and loped. They were all extremely smooth. It was a bit weird though because he holds his neck much higher than the QH's that I'm used to. Almost feels like you're riding a llama - not that I've ever ridden a llama, but if I had, I'm sure that's what it would feel like.

The next day we headed to Lunenburg but on the way we hooked up with Lightning in Middleton. She took us out to Jenni's place so I could look at a REINSMAN saddle (my dream saddle). What a beautiful saddle! Lord Gord even liked it - and that's all it took for me to say, "I'll take it!". Lightning had brought a big box that we could package it up in and we used her old pink cooler to wrap it up with. I was SO excited! From there we headed to Lunenburg because the Lord had to have a look at the Bluenose to figure out the lighting configuration that they would need. While he talked business I puttered around the museum. Pretty neat stuff there, I'll tell you.

After Lunenburg we drove the old highway to Mahone Bay and then decided to stay at the Oak Island Resort. WHAT A SPOT ! The whole time we were driving around though the Lord was asking me where we were, etc. I was TOTALLY lost even though I had spent years beating around that area when I lived in Halifax. The problem was I had always been aboard my sailboat so was pretty much USELESS travelling by land. It's a totally different perspective! The resort was wonderful and we had a leisurely dinner. Food was great - waitress was a hoot! Did you know that she owns a 32 lb cat named Tiger? And one of the other waitresses owns a Canadian (that she got from Ross Farm) as well as a QH.

The next morning we headed to Halifax because Lord Gord had some meetings to go to. The guy he was meeting with was actually an old friend of mine (I used to crew on his sailboat on race nights). Every day he takes his dog to work. It's pretty cool. Their office is totally open concept (no dividers). While they had their meetings I pet the dogs (there were two there that day) and talked to the office girl (Valerie), whose daughter rides at Pinehill. She let me use one of their computers but I wasn't on it too long when everything started blinking and the damn thing lit up like a christmas tree. You all know me and computers ....! So their techy guy had to come over and do some magic to fix the thing. We all went out for lunch and then we headed to the airport to turn in the car and head home.

And here endeth another chapter. I DO have some pictures at home to post but I'm at gymnastics now so don't have access to them. Hopefully tonight I can get the ones that belong to these stories posted.
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:39 pm

My land, girl, it sure sounds as though you packed a lot of stuff into your short vacation. Glad to hear that you managed to get the Frenchy's experience and that the car didn't hold you for ransom...with all the newfangled gadgets that fear is always lurging in the back of my mind...do you think it has a working brain...do,do,do,do!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!! GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER 590471
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm

all that and a new saddle too.............way way cool............so you met a few of the gals, met some new folks, rode some horses, was on a famous ship with some SAILORS.........and did not get KIDNAPPED by anyone or anything..............I trhink thats a tall tale..........but get your act together and get your darn license fixed girl..............you wont be lucky forever............glad you had a great time...cant wait for the pix. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 pm

ok so you had a freakin grand time in a short few days.. come on where are the pics.. Man your just like the pink bunny! So hop on the computer and post pics!!
Back to top Go down
rude

rude

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 am

boys..you did more in one vacation that I do in a year... lol!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:28 am

Totally Cool "vacation"
you said you used to Crew on race yachts?? My mother was a BOC racer back in the 80's, I never did get into boats like she did but did go on her boat the Tilly Endurable a couple times. I can find my way on land but would quickly be "lost at sea" if i had to pilot a boat.
cant wait to see pics of your saddle and the trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER   GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GREENWOOD TO HALIFAX TO METEGAN RIVER
Page 1 of 1