Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?

Go down 
+7
StraitView G
hopeful_farm
Sailorgirl
naughty by nature
Wissy
just joan
Tammy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm new to the western world so have always ridden in breeches. It seems to me that the western types just wear whatever jeans they have on at the time. I'm doing this but I end up with horizontal scratches on the side of my hip. Clearly it's from the seam of my pants, but my question is are my pants too loose or too tight? (they are pretty baggy on me). Do you girls have any preference as to what type of jeans you ride in? Do you wear tight fit or loose as a goose? My scrathy-ass would like to know ... :(
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 3:39 pm

have YOU SEEN any of my riding pictures???????????? now some girls like to dress up to go out riding.....and I must admit, I have the ladies Aurora jeans with a little stretch and short rise(if thats what it si) although my ass looks really baggy in them now,,,,,,they sure are comy......but dont rely on anything I say...I am not exactly a FASHION PLATE. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 pm

me either Joan, I wear Jeans that have stretch in them.. and Tammy I don't mean your horse..lol..
I guess it's lycra
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:31 pm

hmmm ... Stretch is Wissy's jeans. Now THAT would make a good picture! And don't worry Joan, I won't wear the same brand as you. I've SEEN the pictures - I think I'd rather stick with my scratches!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 pm

lol! good one Tammy.. me too.. thinks me don't want Joan's Jeans either!!! laughing hard here at that comment.. :lol:
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Tammy I would for sure try a riding jean they usually now have some stretch in them. if you looking for ones that aren't low you can try the new wrangler qbaby they have a higher waist with an elastic insert so there is no gap yet they stretch in the leg. I have a pair and really like them. I'm also new to western but usually rode in jeans and half chaps before so it's not a major difference. I usually wear my qbabies or any pair of jeans I have really lol. alot of people really like the regular wrangles that are low rise with stretch too
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:51 am

all kidding aside Tammy.......those Aurora Jeans I think are wrangler for women....I am short so hate Jeans that come all the way up to my boobs........but these are not those low risers that the girls need crack spackle to fill in the slit as they ride by.........they are cut really nice and fit lovely when I bought them...but I lost a little weight thats the only reason my arse looks baggy in them now.......Lindsay from THE COWBOY WAY can help you out........they are around 50bucks.......I never spent money like that before on jeans, but I went nuts and bought 6pair over one season I loved them so much...............just try a pair on....you will like them :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:43 am

haha...crack spackle.. :lol: I love my Wrangler Aura jeans. Yup got 'em at Cowboy Way...they have tons of sizes for tall and short gals...I have a 35" inseam so find it difficult to get long enough jeans anywhere else. But if you want cheap, stretchy jeans...I have a pair of Nevada jeans from Sears for about $29...they don't look as good as the Aura Jeans but they are super stretchy and comfy for riding.
Back to top Go down
hopeful_farm

hopeful_farm

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 am

I wear the nevada's for trail riding as I don't care if I catch and rip them :roll: I used to live in my wranglers but wore them (3 pairs) out last summer/fall (when you can see the colour of your underwear through the fabric it is time for new jeans :oops:) but I am planning on the auoras too... the seem really comfy
Back to top Go down
StraitView G

StraitView G

Location : Strait View Stables - Lismore (between Antigonish/New Glasgow)

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:08 pm

My Wranglers are my favorite! Not sure of the make of them but they are midrise and do have some stretch. Very comfy for riding and just working around the barn - mucking stalls etc.
Back to top Go down
Caper Cowgirl

Caper Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:10 pm

I wear basically whatever I have on...that gives enough stretch to get my fat ass mounted..hahaha....
Back to top Go down
Elle K

Elle K

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 pm

I absolutley love my Q-Baby's. They are a little higher in the rise than I am use to but they fit and feel great. Love the dark wash as anything that makes me look a little less mooish is great for me.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Mod
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 am

Anything that doesn't have the big seam in them should work for you Tammy.
Back to top Go down
shelly

shelly

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Stretch denim with a regular inner seam is what you want. All I ever wear are boot-cut Nevada stretch denim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?   WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN RIDING?
Page 1 of 1