Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Empty
PostSubject: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:18 pm

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Homeless, Veterans, Orphans, etc. ?????

This so pathetically true...in the last month we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey.
Our retired seniors living on a fixed income receive no aid while our government and religious
organizations pour hundreds of millions of dollars and tons of food to foreign countries.
We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

Why are so many CANADIAN citizens, and the CANADIAN government, so star struck they won't provide for our own?

CANADA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children

going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and

mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people

of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food,

water, tents, clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if we gave ourselves the same support that we gave all other

countries.

I feel bad for them but I also care about CANADA.

Sad isn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:39 pm

You've a good point there Joan.Here in Ireland it's the same There are countless ghost estates where there unfinished or empty houses,a propoasl has been put to the government to open these houses for the homeless.The health care system over here is a sham,they've cut back on services and sna's who work with people and children who have disabilites,mental issues,the list is endless.Yet when other countries need financial aid the government can hand over millions.Charity begins at home,how can you even decide to send aid to other countries when the country you live and the people who need it are right on your doorstep.Wrong people in power.It's so,so wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm

I think we like to delude ourselves that hunger, and lack of basic human shelter and medical needs do not exist in Canada. Or that somehow, people who live on the street, or in shelters, somehow by being weak brought it on themselves to be in a bad situation. In a country as rich as ours, not one single man, woman or child should have to do without or live below the poverty line - and we would still have lots left over to help others in need. That somehow, the magic Charter of Rights protects all.....unfortunately, human nature being what it is, they who have the power own all the toys.

Truth be told, most of us are about 3 house payments from the street, a bit of bad luck sure can change one's life plan...

I wish I had the answers....but the older I get, I just have more questions.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:38 am

I know first hand about that.........when the store went Bankrupt, I thought we would lose the farm along with it.................was the most scarey feeling I ever had..........now I just keep thinking of ways to help other folks keep it together.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:33 am

Don't even get me started on this. It's SO frustrating. I'm sure if we all looked around our communities we see people in need. And I think that's where it starts. One person at a time. I used to feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of the problem and then not do a thing to help change it. Now I focus on it on a smaller scale and look around me and try to help in smaller ways. It works - and it feels GREAT! I may not be solving world hunger or homelessness but I AM MAKING A DIFFERENCE. Sometimes stopping to take the time to have a wee chatt with an elderly person, a person who is mentally or physically challenged, or just hugging that child at school who you know comes from a rough family. It sure makes a difference in their day - and you can see it on their faces!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:00 am

exactly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME   I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'VE SAID IT ALL ALONG......CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME
Page 1 of 1