Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone familiar with the Circle P...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Empty
PostSubject: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm

saddle brand that a certain tackstore that shall remain nameless carries?
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:21 pm

no.. not sure what you mean??? I'm confused.. and believe me after this week.. I confuse easily..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:56 pm

From what I've seen I'm not a big fan. Mind you, I've never ridden in one. I rather stick to the tried and true - circle y, reinsman, western rawhide. Problem is finding those to fit anything other than a QH.i
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 8:07 am

SD - exactly! Sorry Wissy, just didn't want to put a store name out there...

I was looking at one yesterday, it looked surprisingly nice, but wide, even for FQHB.
I don't like the cordura fenders much.
I don't want a heavy saddle because Dolly is so @#$%^ tall.....I'm looking at the Abetta trail saddles online, they come with semi QH bars, and even gaited horse bars,
which even gaited horse people can't explain.
I really liked the endurance saddle I had, although it was too big for her, and too small for Arrow.

It's fun looking, though!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:22 am

what about a big horn.. they are nice .. and come wide.. semi draft / haflinger.. my friend has one and loved it.. but alas it's to big for her horse and her.. 17 in seat..
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:18 am

I have a Big Horn for Arrow- the draft cross one, and I just love it....it's too big for dolly though, I haven't tried it one her this year and she is a bit fluffier than she was...hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm with SD, I think you're better off to stick to the big name brands when saddle shopping.

What size bars does Dolly need, have you printed off the gullet templates and measured her? I've been searching for a saddle for a long time and I think I've finally settled on a Sensation Treeless saddle:

http://www.nickerssaddlery.com/

I was very skeptical of treeless saddles, but after doing further research (and going from a Cashal soft saddle to a regular treed saddle last week when going on 3 major trail rides and barely being able to walk after the treed ride) I think I'm sold. As soon as I get my income tax back in the mail, I'm ordering. You can try a demo before purchasing too, and I've been told the 'trials' are rarely returned, people love them. They are REALLY light and comfy for both horse and rider. The Sensations are on the pricier side, but I want something that is secure and I've read the Sensations are the best for stability. You need to buy a special pad with any treeless to properly distribute the weight. They are suited for horses who are round, if you have an A style horse with high withers treeless will not work, but I thought I would throw the idea out there. :)
Back to top Go down
munchmom

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:03 pm

I bought a Sensation and just love it and so does Pepper. One word of warning make sure you tighten the girth again once you are on. Very light, very well made. I bought the dressage trail model
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am

I stopped into Greenhawk last week and noticed the Circle P's on sale EM. They don't look too bad (on the shelf) for the price! I wonder how they fit?

Quote :
I bought a Sensation and just love it and so does Pepper. One word of warning make sure you tighten the girth again once you are on. Very light, very well made. I bought the dressage trail model
I'm glad to hear a fellow Maritimer has tried one and liked it. I said I was waiting for my income tax cheque but I decided to raid my savings, I'm just waiting for the girl to get back to me on the total cost with shipping, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm

HG - they aren't too bad looking, although I'm not in love with the fenders....I may hold out for the Trail model Abetta, with the endurance stirrups - of course, if she doesn't grow out some feet, it won't matter :-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone familiar with the Circle P...   Anyone familiar with the Circle P... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with the Circle P...
Page 1 of 1