Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Had some Time to think

Go down 
+2
mountaincowgirl
MSFarm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MSFarm

Had some Time to think Empty
PostSubject: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:52 pm

As most know, I did not go straight to college after high school as I did not know what I wanted to do.
So I did not want to spend lots of money just to find out I really did not want to be doing what I was in.
So I went right into working.
I had moved out of my parents place due to some family issues. But due to some problems, money issues and learning that a family member would be leaving the house in June, I moved back on to the family farm in May.

Although I've already had a job offer for next fall and winter. it was a job where I would not really go anywheres. it was in horses but they do not show or train. So it would not really give me the experience I need.

So I started to think more about college.

And I was told about Eastern College opening up some new programs in Moncton.
one being Multimedia Graphic Design and Development.
Which as I've said before, I really like editing videos and editing photos.
One of the courses is Digital Audio & Video. which I'm very interested in. So I just sent in for more info on that and the Veterinary Administrative Assistant program.

If they have an opening for either course for this fall, I think I will jump right on it.

And I heard that the Veterinary Administrative Assistant program is going to be offered in Moncton now?
I'm hoping to be able to get into the Moncton campus to save a bit of money as I would be able to just live at home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Good for you MSF. I hear that there is a growing demand for design and graphics. I get through the run of a day fairly "OK" with a computer but I think it's fairly amazing what some people are capable of on these things!!!!
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:18 pm

haha

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Good for you MSF. You have been mature in your thoughts. Graphic design is a hot field and with your love of animal the vet's assistant program would have great rewards as well. Best of luck!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER........hope its in Moncton for you.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I think it's great that you're considering going back to school! However, I would perhaps keep your options open on which school you go to. I just finished up the Office Assistant course at Eastern College in Charlottetown, and had nothing but headache after headache with that school. I don't think there is a more poorly run place out there. The Moncton campus may be totally different, but at the Charlottetown location I was told that the course I was interested in was not offered, despite being advertised on their website, after which I was forced into another course that I really didn't have much interest in (I ended up switching out of that course halfway through, into the office assistant course) Before I started my course, I tried several times to back out of even going, but they hassled me beyond belief until I gave in and went (I really should've stood up for myself, I realize that now) Plus I was promised a job at the end of my course, and here it is, almost 6 months later, and nothing. The career counselling department was absolutly useless, and placed me in an office for my OJT where I did nothing but photocopy for three weeks. And then there is the fact that they cannot keep instructors, and just pull random people in off the street to teach their courses, but I won't go too in depth with that rant. So the moral of my story is, you may want to research your choice of school a little further. The Moncton campus may have their act together much more than the Charlottetown campus, this was just my experience with them. Good luck! Had some Time to think 368450
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 am

thanks everyone

Thanks for that info Krista!
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Just a wee word of advise.. if you are considering one of the vet tech, vet assistance programs, you might want to talk to a local vet first and see which one they would recommend adn why. I know when my daughter was considering it, the vet spoke very highly of the programVet Tech from AC in Truro. He was not so complementry to some of the vet assistance programs, as not enough was taught.

I also know a couple of kids who took the vet program from Moncton, and one was happy with it. It is a 2 year course. She worked with a vet OJT and then managed to secure a job with that vet for a bit longer. I think she has since gone back to school to take her sciences and then apply to vet school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had some Time to think   Had some Time to think Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Had some Time to think
Page 1 of 1