Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hubby's Penning Project

Go down 
+4
mypony
Tammy
MoonShadow
D-Cutch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Hubby's Penning Project Empty
PostSubject: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Hubby brought a 4 year mare back from the States almost 2 years ago now. She had been a "predetermined broodmare" due to her sires accomplishments in the cutting ring so she was basically was left alone to grow up and eventually produce babies. She came with a foal on her and was back in foal so spent all last summer raising her baby. This spring she turned six and was definitely well over due to be started under saddle Hubby's Penning Project 368450

I thought I'd share some videos from training session number 23 and by training session I don't mean saddle time because this gal had to learn to lead, tie, bath, pick up her feet, respect her handler, realize that a saddle wasn't a horse eating object, etc.... all the basics that most horses are taught between birth and two years.

We are SO pleased with her... often times, from our experience, horses past the age of about 4 years old really tend to show a bit of a stubborn streak when it comes to training but this gal has just been straight ahead from the get go! Her training is still pretty rough around the edges as you'll see in the videos; no finesse what so ever but with less than 30 days don't be too hard on her!

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/domijess/Jessy/?action=view&current=034.mp4

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/domijess/Jessy/?action=view&current=048.mp4

Hubby took her penning on day 25 and pulled off a first and third in the Open Division with two of his teams. A few pictures I managed to snap of them in action...

Coming in with his two brothers...
Hubby's Penning Project 009

Sorting the wild beasts from afar
Hubby's Penning Project 011

Separating the bad cow....
Hubby's Penning Project 012

Running back to the pen
Hubby's Penning Project 015

Getting ready for the next run
Hubby's Penning Project 063

Pulling out a cow
Hubby's Penning Project 068
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:46 pm

HOLY thistle!!! She is totally freaking amazing!!! I'm sure hubby is a good trainer too... but after 25 days.. my mouth is still dropped!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:53 pm

What a nice looking mare.. And you're right a lot of the time after they get some age on them and haven't had a lot done it's a hard road.. But she looks like she's accepting everything in stride..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Boy can she move! He's made amazing progress in such a short time. She certainly listens well.
Back to top Go down
mypony

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:44 pm

She is a nice little horse! The way she acted during the whole day, you would never know that she had only 25 days of training.

Nice pictures, it is funny that you can not see how HOT it was!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Great progress. I do agree that generally the older ones have some set ways or stubborn streaks that are hard to work around where as a youngster is usually more easier to start. Glen does a great job no matter what the age :)
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 am

GO ON......BEAT YOUR CHEST.........OR GLENN SHOULD BEAT HIS..............WOOO HOOO...........NICE JOB.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
mountaincowgirl

mountaincowgirl

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:29 am

Very nice mare. I love working them on the wall. It's great to see a well bred horse take to the cows at her age. Kudos! :congratulation
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 am

Wow! Very nice indeed!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hubby's Penning Project   Hubby's Penning Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hubby's Penning Project
Page 1 of 1