Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOOD RIDES!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DesignedByDiesel

DesignedByDiesel

GOOD RIDES! Empty
PostSubject: GOOD RIDES!   GOOD RIDES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 am

I have been alive and actually riding. My ponies are taking up my days while I've been off work.

Been preparing Callie for the Big Ole Lawrencetown Exhibition!!! I've ridden her every day (except Sunday - her day off). Had some great rides. I've been working on trail objects. So far we have done the gate, bridge, trot poles, lope poles, trotting pylon weaves, side passing poles, backing through the L and that is it. Anyone have any other ideas to work on for a trail class? I haven't done the back through 3 barrels thing yet though. she is great with jackets and whatnot so i'm not too concerned about that. Could there be a tarp involved?!?!

We have also worked on our road saviness (a word???) We brave the sidelines of the highway of Ward Rd in Greenwood. I've taken Callie across the road from the Greenwood Horse N Rec Club and taken the highway home (only a 5 min ride but good enough to cool out) the flies are INSANE and she hates the mosquitoes to no end in the trail ride home. She thrashes and kicked and grunts. It is a huge drama scene. So far she is great with cars and motorbikes and even big work trucks like cement trucks and campers. I'm proud! I under estimate my little black 4 year old.

I've been re-cooperating from sickness still. I'm still off work and I'm off until September. I find it hard to regain energy. I feel good when I'm on the meds and don't forget to miss a dosage of anything. I can ride my horse in the AM but by the time I am done (depending if they were idiots or not) I am exhausted and have to go lay down or sit down for a good while before I move. So although I may be able to ride my horse I'm not really sure if working a complete 9 hour day for 40 hours a week is such a great idea? Atleast if I'm home and I have an attack like I did Sunday then I'd be home. I am also still figuring out what I can and cannot eat. More foods are appearing on my YAY list and not the NAY list which is a great thing.

I rode Callie this morning and i did a few sliding stop exercises. It was AMAZING. When I first started working on them she would brace in her front and only slide about a foot or a foot and a half in the spring time. Gradually I've worked on speed and stopping and collection and getting her underneath herself before we did any stop. Today was a break through. We had a few rough stops and a lot of front end bouncing and jolting as she slid and it was painful to my crotch. I decided to pick up our lope to a faster and faster pace to what we usually do a sliding stop to. When I said WOAH she slid about 3 feet and did 2 hops in the front end. It was a break through and her knees bent and she paddled 2 little leaps but it was a shoulder break through! I didn't do anymore after that. But I just had to share this because I am excited about this.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

GOOD RIDES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD RIDES!   GOOD RIDES! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 am

SO SO SO happy for you kiddo...........glad you feel well enough to get some riding in.......obviously you still have to take baby steps till you are fully recovered.......or as stable as you are ever going to be........GOOD LUCK for the Show....... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/

GOOD RIDES!
Page 1 of 1