Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is not good got this from a friend..

Go down 
+9
C4B's
Salsasue
SemiCharmed
Fiere
Tammy
SexyDexy
lb-ranch
just joan
Simi
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simi
Mod
Simi

This is not good got this from a friend.. Empty
PostSubject: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:38 pm

I got this from a firend Pictures were taken today!!!!!

I was told about these horses in the late summer that they might be lookingfor homes or for sale and being a lover of Paints and Pinto's went to checkit out...When we found them, they didn't have any food and the stallion, who has access to water and a barn but the others didn't ....we gave them water and took some hay to them and bought feed and dishes and the lady next door said she would feed them for us....The owner Blank Blank showed up and called the cops who went to see one of the ladies and said we weren't allowed on the property....I called the Government Vet, Leighanne or Leanne Hartnett about the horses and she said she was working with the owners to take care of them....ok says I...She obviously was in touch with them as the next time I was down there,there were 12 round bales which held the horses over for some time...Stopped in to see the next door neighbour two weeks ago and the horses were starting to look very thin.....she said she had been journalling when the owners showed up to feed them This is what she wrote: Nov 2nd....ran out of hay. Nov 12th.....the owner showed up with2 small grocery bags of apples,carrots, bread. (for 4 horses, who had no hay for 10 days) Nov 24th....called SPCA, DEPT oF AGR....owners showed up with a small bag of food, Looked like a bag of dry cat food, Some fruit. NO HAY YET. NOv26th....Called DEPT OF AGR. I complained they had no hay yet. Nov 28 th...Owners showed up with 2 round bails of hay. One for the stallion. One for the other three. Dec 10th....I called you, Blank Blank, Told you the other three horses wereout of hay. Also tha stallion has hay but he is very very thin. You called SPCA< DEPT OF AGR.. reported to them the condition of the horses. Dec 11...owners showed up with a bag of fruit...Squash, pumpkins. Dec !4,,,stranger showed up at my house,One of the horses was loose.,, Dec 15...blank called me,to see if they had any hay. Only the stallion does. the other three do not. blank came over and gave two bails of hay to the horses. On Dec 15th I called the Government Vet and had a conversation with her based on my conversation with BLANK and told her I was getting fed up....she said that she was trying to work with these people and felt they were"trying" Last night I took two bales of hay to them because I had called blank andshe said they didn't show up on the weekend with any hay.. and cried because of the condition of the horses....especially the stallion....He still has hay but it is not doing any good for him.....today I went and took photos and the mare and foal and the yearling are not far behind the stallion,weight wise...you can feel their ribs and the mare's hips are starting to protude......last night I called my vet and he said he would call Leanne....I called Dr. johnston and he said he would have a look at them today and also call her....I have been in touch with Dorothy Evans , head of the horseprotection society and she said she e-mailed Leanne and told her to remove the horses immediately....Last night I called the government vet and dept ofAgriculture and BEGGED THEM to remove the horses..... This is not good got this from a friend.. Skinny2
This is not good got this from a friend.. Skinny1IMG_3471
This is not good got this from a friend.. Skinny
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Merciful god............how much more suffering do they have to endure before the SPCA removes them.......how can I help
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:09 pm

I see similar every day :( and nothing ever gets done as long as someone keeps feeding even though it's not enough or only occasionally. Hope these ones get help Soon
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Right now they are no making a facebook page and sending pictures to the media to try to get some help my friend and I will are going to offer her some money for them... then get them fixed up...
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Very sad the horses suffer because someone is to stupid to give them away to be looked after, very selfish of them if you ask me..
People who can't afford to look after one horse let along 4 shouldn't have them..
This women says she loves her horses hate to see if she didnt like them..
Sad..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

What we need to do is have our animal care/cruelty laws changed. That is f'ing rediculous! Everyone involved is not freaking blind and they must know that the horses need to be removed. But what can they do when the law says they have to be 'worse off' or they have to help the owner 'try' to fix the situation. There is no fixing that... The owner is just PLAIN F'ING STUPID and you can't fix that! F**k that make my blood boil. I make sure not more than 8 hours goes by between feedings of hay. And they get 1-1/2 bales per feeding (for 3). To let 10 days go by is insane! I would have expected those horse to break out and search for food long before that. :(
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 am

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE! The authorities need to know when to draw the line between trying to "help" the owners and knowing when to seize the horses and stop the continual abuse. We can't allow education of the owners to overshadow the needs of the animals. This horse is not thin - it's emaciated! If the owners are trying, then they aren't trying hard enough.

Keep us posted on the status of them CJ. HOPEFULLY something positive will be done for these poor animals.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 am

Sadly, the animal laws in Canada and our SPCA are both such that unless the creature fell down dead on the door step of city hall, nothing is usually done about it.

The best thing to do is call all the departments your friend is calling, and leave the horses completely alone. People often feel better by trying to help and give them food, water or care, all that does it leave evidence for the SPCA that the animals are being taken care of. It is a sad world we live in where that is the case, but that is the only way to get things done. I've seen cases much worse than this one not ever be rectified, I sincerely hope something is done about those horses, and all suffering animals, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 am

Holy crap! Sue, is this here in NS or in NB? Why on earth haven't these horses been seized?? Are they all in that shape or is that the worst one (could there be a medical issue if that's the worst one?)?

I would think, if this is NB, they'd have seized them already after they did such a good job with those other horses earlier this year? WTF...
Back to top Go down
Salsasue

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 12:52 pm

This pisses me off..WTF is SPCA and horse protection for? They need to be taken now, before the weather gets ever worse..

Salsaue is pissed
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 pm

SemiCharmed wrote:

I would think, if this is NB, they'd have seized them already after they did such a good job with those other horses earlier this year? WTF...

ha ha ha.... not likely, the ones that made the news in northern NB were a rare case. there are a couple dozen near me that are heavy in foal and as bony as the pics above yet because they have "feed and water of some sort" they get to live with body scores of 1,2 and maybe a couple 3's year round since I've lived here 8 yrs.
Back to top Go down
SemiCharmed

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Syl, you have got to be joking??? (and yes, I believe you - but it breaks my heart!) That is frigging insane! Are thse owners thinking their horses look "good?" Do they not care? I'd give mine away before they got to this point, or have them put down if homes could not be found. How do you see horses looking worse than dairy cows (used to) look and think this is ok? (I say used to as around here at least, dairy cows are starting to look fleshy compared to what I remember from years ago)...

Are the owners not willing to sell/give away their horses? Do they really and truly think this is ok?
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:49 pm

OMG !!!! This broke my heart...what can we do!!!!!! can we go get them ????????? i am up for it !!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 am

I hear they are being seized today Police is going with them to get the horses...
Back to top Go down
Salsasue

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 am

Glad to hear. I friend of mine drove by on Saturday and said they had no hay..

salsasue
Back to top Go down
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Horses have been removed by the dept of agriculture and are on thier way to thier New home!! Whoohoo!!!
We have our christmas miracle!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 pm

I am so pleased!!!! where are they going do we know ????
Back to top Go down
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

I would rather not say on an open forum but sue should be able to tell you if you pm her!
They are going to a good place for now! We are gonna make donations of blankets and what ever they need!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:50 pm

So very very happy to hear this. I wish I lived closer to help out!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Thats awesome news! I have never and will never understand how people can do this to an animal!!

But glad for these ones that the ending is good. Good job girls!
Back to top Go down
Brown

Brown

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh, that must be such a relief to you. Have been hoping that they would be rescued soon.

Keep us posted and bless you for your concern.

Later and Merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Yes we are very relieved!! I just hope they get the care they need!!
Merry christmas!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:44 am

tERRIFIC NEWS.....THERES one less Big thing to worry about. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
barnmom

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:50 am

Yup your right Joan! Picking off the big worries one by one!!!
Merry Christmas girl!!!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 pm

excellent news! It's nice to know they are now in a better place - especially with the recent weather!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is not good got this from a friend..   This is not good got this from a friend.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is not good got this from a friend..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next