Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this a dream??

Go down 
+4
Freva
Ellie*Mae
Simi
RedBaronBPeppy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:53 pm

So,
I have been offered an incredible opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime really. I made the decision to take the rest of the year off school to accept a job offer at Sunny Pines Farm.
I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it, but if not, you should definately google it, the place in incredible. It's a huge reining facility, breeding and training, in Lucama, North Carolina. Run by Francois Gauthier and his family. His daughter, Josianne, has offered me a position as a part time nanny, and also working with her in the breeding part of the operation.
It doesnt feel real!!!
I dont think i'll believe its really happening until im getting on a plane...
im hoping to leave the first week of February.. that seems to be when the cheapest flights are. although, if i could find a drive, id love to take the scenic route... it would be beautiful!! i've never been to the states before, and im especially excited at the thought of skipping the rest of winter (kind of) hehehehe. its not super warm down there right now, but there certainly isnt a foot of snow!
im going to miss my friends, and family, and especially Nike :( but, its something that i think i would be kicking myself if i didnt do, so, im doing it!!! you only live once, right?

of course there will be constant picture updates!!!

AHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!! Is this a dream?? 43238
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Congrats girl.. well if it doesnt work you can always come home right... and if you never try you will know know...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:14 pm

my thoughts exactly!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

How exciting! Do it while you're young, don't miss out on a single opportunity!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

This sounds like the beginning of a great adventure for you. I am so happy for you....best of luck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Highlander

Highlander

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Good for you. If you feel in your heart and your gut that its right grab it with both hands.

It does sound like a wonderful oppourtunity and you will feel anixous, excited and of course you will miss your family but that's what living your lifes all about. Hope everything goes to plan and wish you a happy and fulfilling New year. X Is this a dream?? 775395 :congratulation :good_luck_grap
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 pm

WOOZERS!~~~ That does sound like a wonderful opportunity!! Bet you will be happy you took it. Have fun, learn lots, and stay in touch!
Back to top Go down
RedBaronBPeppy

RedBaronBPeppy

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 pm

thanks everyone!!

UPDATE: I booked my flight, and will be flying out of Halifax on Jan 23rd :)
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Best of luck. Hope it works out well. Is this a dream?? 197264 Is this a dream?? 197264 Is this a dream?? 197264
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm

WOO HOO! Grab the opportunity with both hands girl. You only live once and this sounds like a really fun opportunity. Keep us updated because we'll all be dieing to hear how things are. And of course, pictures will be an absolute MUST!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey Jill....have a safe flight tomorrow!!!! Best of luck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
MSFarm

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Well you are probably there by now!

man I wish I had that offer! I also got an offer of a life time to work at a big time show jumping farm as a show groom.
Right now I'm sitting in FLorida... at a show till April. just got back from a class. 41 horses. 45,000$ prize. Canada had one guy get into the jump off. our rider (Yann Candele) did not have good luck for the class and did not finish his round. at the 4th jump the horse did not clear the last top rail and almost went down bad. but was able to stay on his feet, roughly. So Eric Lamaze went to the Jump off. but he knocked 2 rails. Pablo Barrios own the jump off (VEN) then USA got second.
Anyways!

I would have Killed to be able to go to a Reining stables instead! I LOVE reining! Glad you took it!

I know its a hard choice. at the end of last show season my paint gelding was really coming along with barrels so this season would have been amazing! and my X Qhorse gelding was coming along awesomly in Reining and we were going to go to shows in sussex this summer...

So in taking the job so far I have lost a good horse (sold...) and missing an awesome snowy winter and missing my horses (and cat) so much it hurts and bad some days.

But its been a ride to say the least. I jumped into buying a pinto filly from a bad place and her handler says the filly is amazing so can't wait to see what she is going to turn out like! And I bought an awesome puppy to keep me company on all the travels.

I've seen so much new things down here! I have to admit, for the first couple of weeks I was really depressed about being down here. having NO horses what so ever is extremly hard on me. But I'm trying to make my self just enjoy the new things and enjoy the simple things. like finding a gecko
or being invited by my boss to go to the international club on the show grounds where she bought a table for the whole show. Right behind our table is Ian Millars table... his family was there watching tonight.
AND I might have found a farm 20 mins away that is home to a woman who has gone to worlds in Barrel racing and gives lessons! If I can get back in the saddle again even once and a while I will be perfectly happy!
This has made it clear to me, The Saddle is were I belong. I'm much better up there then on the ground.

Hopefully you can update us on your job here soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
Sponsored content

Is this a dream?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a dream??   Is this a dream?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this a dream??
Page 1 of 1