Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big rave!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krista

Krista

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:20 pm

I've gotta rave about Indy! Big rave!! 368450 I've recently started losing a bit of weight, and figured why not hop on Indy? Walking around for a few minutes surely won't hurt him. So I threw the saddle on him, and asked a friend at the barn to help me on (I have nerve damage in my left leg, in addition to still being heavy, so as much as I hate to admit it, I need a push to get on) Long story short, I froze. I was absolutely terrified of mounting my horse, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I put him back in his stall, and said I would try another day. So yesterday I brought my Mom with me to the barn, and said I was gonna do it. We argued a bit, a few tears of frustration were shed, but by the end of it, I was on my big red horse Big rave!! 368450 Once I was up there, it was no problem! We walked around for a little while (our first solo ride as well! The three times I've been on him before, we were led around. We were in a big pasture and his steering was a little rusty) Then tonight, I decided to go again! It went much more smoothly and he was such a good boy again! I absolutely adore this horse, he's turning out to be such a level headed young man! Big rave!! 368450 Big rave!! 368450 Big rave!! 368450
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Big rave!! 197264 :congratulation
I am so happy for you AND Indy! Your mom sounds like a great person - knows when to push you when you need it. BTW - nothing wrong with needing a boost to get on. I used to think only "fat old ladies" needed mounting blocks but then a friend shed some new light on it. She said that it's best for the HORSE for you to get on without pulling alot on the saddle, struggling to get up. Makes sense to me and also preserved my dignity (in my mind)! I'm very proud of you. Keep up the good work and get some pics for us next time.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:29 am

oh Krista that's great.. can't wait to see some pics.. Indy is such a beautiful horse.. you must be so proud!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:39 pm

FANTASTIC !!!! Good for you that is just great !!! you should be so proud of your self !!! keep it up !!! and get pictures !!!!!
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Congrats!!! So glad that you decided to get on!! I was the same way with Ponie and now it is great to ride her. I always feel sorry for her thinking I am too heavy but she is fine. I can hardly wait to see pictures!!! I use a mounting block (greatest thing since sliced bread) to get on. My 50 year old butt and legs don't move like they used to.

Big rave!! 775395 :cowgirlride.gi

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big rave!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big rave!!   Big rave!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big rave!!
Page 1 of 1