Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaemus all bitten......

Go down 
+8
Fiere
C4B's
Reggie
oldladynewhorse
teekathepony
withaTwist
Wissy
just joan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Shaemus all bitten...... Empty
PostSubject: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 8:08 pm

He is finally starting to lose his winter hair, and his chest is bare and white.......the bugs are just eating him to bits....he now is mutlitcoloured and sort of chunky chewy with all the damn stuff I have been trying to put on him to soothe the messShaemus all bitten...... Dsci0014........Poor wee guy, bet he wishes he kept his winter hair.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Poor baby.. love the summer hate the bugs.. all you can do is treat him and try and make him feel better.. hugs to the Donkey..
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 am

I've said this before in another post, and it works best for brown/dark horses.... but....fiskes is great for healing bites, and works as a bug repellent too. poor little guy!
Back to top Go down
teekathepony

teekathepony

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 am

Awww poor kid. :(
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:51 am

Twist........Fiskes what??? is that the only name on the bottle........just Fiskes????
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 am

fiske's hoof and hide balm. kind of a brown goo, in a bottle with a brush top.
just this weekend, i dubbed it my "go-to-goo" works for lots of stuff, saves space on lotions and potions for different things.

http://fiskes.ca/

i sound like an add.
i did get warned for light horses tho, apply sparingly, or the colour change might be shocking...

it is good for getting fly dope in hard to spray areas, i put it in his ears (the inside near the top get full of bites :( ), and on his male underneath parts, lol. helps with itchiness too.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks Twist.......I dont care about his colour, I have pink, blue and green thistle on him now.....just so long as it works. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm

it works for mine, hopefully it gives him some releif!
its pricey, but as i said, i use it for everything... lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I'll call my Co op and see if they carry it. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
oldladynewhorse
Mod
oldladynewhorse

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 pm

I use it also as a fly repellent in Ponie's ears. I actually use Fiske Wound Salve but it is the same only not as gooby and runny. Also put it around her eyes a little , works great. We call it the Wonder Cream. I know it would help the bites he already has. Now I sound like an ad but it is goood stuff.

Shaemus all bitten...... 808586
Back to top Go down
Reggie

Reggie

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 pm

My mother swears by Fiskes as well, but be careful.. my boy recently scraped his hip and I applied Fiskes and within 24 hrs he was swelled and his hair was peeling off in scabs and the spot which was originally the size of a quarter grew to a patch bigger than my hand. His hips was sore to the touch, hot and itchy.. my poor boy is allergic to it. I know people seem to absolutely love the stuff tho!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks girls.........I will be careful with my application and watch real close.......but it does sound like a winner. :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am

Poor boy !! have you got any teatree oil or shall i pick you some up ??? he looks so sore.....
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 am

I have tea tree oil Carol, its the Fiskes I want to try now. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 am

Try that stuff I told you about, the Absorbine fly repellent that is good for 17 days. I have so far put it on my horses 3 times since I bought it (that was two weeks before I came to visit,, so when ever that was). T's chest used to look like that, now he has the odd residual lump.

I used to use the fiskes where the boys got bit under the chin and around the sheath/crooks of their legs, and it does work but you need to apply it every 2-3 days. I like to spray 'em and forget 'em for two weeks lol.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 am

Fiere, his hair is different though, spray doesnt seem to attach itself, it sort of runs off if you know what I mean.....and I wanted something to soothe him first also......he is so raw I dont want to sting and irritate the area anymore than it is.
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 am

That's weird. I don't spray them I spray a brush and brush it on, as I find it covers better, so that might help his donkey fur?

The fiskes does work though, and does well with cuts. T had a bit 7" gash on his side that couldn't be stitched, after I cleaned it I would fill it with the balm that OldLadyNewHorse used and it stuck like tar and he healed right up. For the flies I use the hoof paint. It's really all the same 'recipe' but different textures. Great quality stuff.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 am

I had forgotten you said you sprayed the brushes.........I'll try that next time......thanks Fiere.
Back to top Go down
MoonShadow

MoonShadow

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

My new wonder drug of the month is Zincofax. ( baby buttercup cream) I use it on all cuts, bites and abrasions. NOt much good for actual bugs though.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Zincofax........I was in the drug store getting my monthly supply of stuff for the bunkhouse and I stopped at the zincofax and looked at it.......but I couldnt remember what for...........NOW I DO...hahahahah
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:21 pm

zincofax is also wonderfull stuff,
strongly recommended at the trail ride for girth rubs/random injuries, but also for the trail guides. we ride without saddles you see.... lol
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

My A S S is WAY TO HARD for that to work on me............hahaha :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:02 pm

How is the boy tonight?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Well EM.....I think the torrential rain helped more than anything else........washed away all the different crap I had applied and there were of course NO Bugs ......so we will see what tomorrow brings.
Back to top Go down
withaTwist

withaTwist

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:24 am

did you find out about the fiske's?

im going to steal fiere's idea about using a brush. that 17 fly spray is great, but my stbd gelding thinks all sprays might kill him. He's the biggest in my "herd" but a huge baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaemus all bitten......   Shaemus all bitten...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaemus all bitten......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next