Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........

Go down 
+6
SexyDexy
Simi
MSFarm
Wissy
Fiere
just joan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Empty
PostSubject: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 am

Havent seen Judi since the last time she was here....8years ago....Her daughter Briana was travelling from Vancouver with a stop over in Halifax before going on to London, so Judi and her youngest boy decided it would be a good time for a tour/visit to Cape Breton.......it was all a last minute/is it ok/do you wanna catch up kind of thing......they arrived Friday afternoon, and had no idea I had a donkey.......but funnily enough they brought some wine.......hahaha,,,check out the label
El Burro, KICKASS SHIRAZ........HAHAHA

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0030

SO, the kids are having a ball with Shaemus and Haimish and Sam, Judi and I catch up a little in between trying to stop the donkey from stealing everything off the picnic table

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0031

and Sam becomes a pillow for Briana

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0032

we decide Saturday morning, that seeing as it is a glorious day up here on top of my mountain, we should go down to the beach and let the kids try Surfing.........
well, by the time we drove the 45mins, Irene had started to cover the landscape with deep thick fog and there was a surfing competition going on......so they couldnt have gotten in the water anyways,,,,,,we tried to take some pix, but pretty useless

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0033

I thought perhaps if we moved inland away from the coast we might find some kayaking on the Bras D[Or.....but in passing a Lobster pier we thought we would get some for supper the lobster guy was a real hoot and full of information and the kids drank it all in..........he showed us his BLUE LOBSTER FIRST........
Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0034

THEN, his giant 10lb guy that could have taken your fingers off with his claw.....
Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0035

we drove inland around the bottom end of the lake to Dundee......and it was GLORIOUS by the time we got there.....the kids got in a couple of kayaks, and Judi and I took out one of those paddle boat things you work with your legs........we just sort of drifted around in circles for an hour shooting the breeze and soaking up the sun....it was terrific.....
Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0036

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Dsci0037

we had the lobster for supper and lit the fire in the pit......I sang a few songs and played my drum along with McGinty and Great Big Sea......gotta have east coast music while lobster eating for sure..........Sunday morning they were gone...

Last edited by just joan on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 am

I just this minute noticed, Shaemus has grown a perfect Heart on his right shoulder bone... :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Fiere

Fiere

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

Sounds like an awesome time, Joan. I am glad all of you enjoyed yourselves and there was no lack for adventures. And the donkey wine isn't half bad, is it?!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 am

I am no wine conniseur.....it tasted aweful.......but I will keep the bottle forever........hahaha
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 am

oh my sounded like a great day.. loved the pics.. and what is this about a heart on donkey.. ???
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:57 am

Wissy, scroll back up and look at the pix of Shaemus by the picnic table.....he has a perfect heart on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
MSFarm

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:40 pm

sounds like a great time!

aww love your little donkey man! too cute!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mountainsandranch.webs.com/
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:10 pm

WHat a nice surprise for you!!! looks like a great day...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:50 pm

short and sweet........but that's Judi.......gone in a flash....might not hear from her again for another 8 years lol!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Looks like a fantastic weekend! You guys were well stocked in the alcohol dept too. lol! glad you finally got your lobster dinner too :)
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Sounds like a great visit, Joan - love the heart...and always the story, and pics ~ kids will remember their CB vacation for ever!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 pm

They just this minute stopped in to say goodbye.......I was not expecting them back.....they went over to Rocking Horse Rescue Ranch, then up to Ingonish, went whale watching, did the top end of the trail, saw a moose, Jeffery was scared witless of the drive going down the mountain and wouldnt go near the Look Out Points......thats what happens when you are used to living in a FLATISH PROVINCE.......Ontrario...........anyway.......Judi and Jeff are boarding to go back to Toronto and Briana is headed to London, then Paris...........buts says staying here in the bunkhouse with the critters was more fun than anything...........
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:23 pm

So glad you had a wonderful visit....short , sweet and busy!!!!!! Shaemus's heart must just be his way of telling you he LUVS you!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:51 am

its gonna be Shaemus's 2 month anniversary here in a couple of days.......I am planning a before and after photo shoot......what a difference in him in that time............ Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... 210885889
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 am

I can help with that photo shoot!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm

YUPPERS.....YOU SURE CAN.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I love before and after shots!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 am

What a great visit. Those are my favourite kinds - short but sweet, packed with fun! What colour lobster did you eat? I've never actually seen a blue one before.

Sooooo ... am I to understand this correctly? ... your hairy buttercup now has a "heart on". Strange, very strange!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:13 pm

nope Tammy, pretty sure its just your strange attempt at a sense of HUMOUR............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........   Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whirlwind visit from an old highschool friend...........
Page 1 of 1