Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RANT my saddle only fits on one side

Go down 
+2
rosebud
Bay-Lee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Empty
PostSubject: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:20 pm

I knew something was off with Bay-lee because everytime he was asked to canter, he would hesitate and give a litttle buck, he was trying to tell us something, so today I finally heard what he was trying to tell me, He has one shoulder twice the size of the other, his saddle fits great on one side but the other side is really tight,so tight I cannot fit a sheet of paper between his shoulder and gthe pad.. I tried on a QH bar saddle and it was alot better, it did not rise at all in the back, what shall I do??, is there a saddle pad that could help, I really do not want to sell my Tex-tan saddle, but if I have to I will, does anyone else have a horse that is not equal??
Back to top Go down
rosebud

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:51 pm

I think he needs a horse massage therapist. i've seen horses turned around by this
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:44 pm

umm not sure if any horse is even on both sides.. Gunnar certainly isn't, our saddle fitter took flocking out of one side of the saddle to even it up.. however that is impossible to do in a western saddle .. you have to get something that is not tight on him anywhere and try and fix it with a saddle pad.. good luck , saddle fitting was never easy for me.. so much to know..
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:16 pm

I'd be a little concerned if one shoulder was twice the size of the other. I can see the dominate side being more developed but if there's that much difference I would be worried that he is compensating for pain somewheres. When Major was in his last years he had a lot of hoof abcess issues. After about a year his leg muscles on the good leg were twice the size of the other.

It might be a good idea to get him checked over by a equine massage therapist/chiropractor.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:01 pm

i agree with sexydexy there must be a reason his one shoulder is so big. I know that there is a air pad out there that is adjustable pretty much everywheres i don't know how much they are or what the name of them are though sorry
Back to top Go down
LittleRoam

LittleRoam

PostSubject: custom saddle pad   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Hi there,

Jean Scotney makes lovely custom made saddle pads with "pockets" where you can adjust the thickness with inserts. Her prices are reasonable and she is a lovely lady who cares very much about a horse's comfort.

Her website is: JES CUSTOM EQUINE APPAREL.

She made an absolutely gorgeous western pad for my horse.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:34 pm

thanks, I was in the process of looking into custom pads.. you guys are reading my mind. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANT my saddle only fits on one side   RANT  my saddle only fits on one side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RANT my saddle only fits on one side
Page 1 of 1