Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RANT rant rant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:22 am

Sorry guys I have to vent I am soo po'd right now! I just saw pics on facebook of a colt I sold which was sold again to a local girl now she is about 11 yrs old and he is 3 yrs old he stands roughly 31 inches tall and she is RIDING HIM!!!!!!! she has to hold her feet up off of the ground!!!!!!!! And people are apparently telling her this is ok!!!! I had the option to buy him back when he came back up for sale but I was in no position to buy him back:( I wish people would grab a clue! I wish they would've bought her a pony that was an appropriate size and had agood attitude. I wish she had knowlegeable help! I don't know these people personally but I know some of their help RANT rant rant 552227 I feel so bad for my colt who I brought into this world. On a plus note he looks healthy enough from what you can see in the pic.
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 am

I don't get why people think it is okay to ride minis. They were bred for pulling a cart, period. I see ads on kijiji from time to time for minis that are "broke to saddle" or "saddle for mini". Can you ask the person you sold him to to tell her it's not okay to ride a mini?
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:27 am

I doubt it would help because the people she knows are telling her it's ok! I don't think it's bad to let small kids ride a mini eg a kid that weighs 20-30lbs but an 11ish yr old good god people use your heads!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:05 pm

I thought at one time I had read that they should never be ridden. Just looked it up on the AMHA website and they state that riders under 70 lbs are okay. But if the average weight for minis is 150-250 lbs, a 70 lb rider seems like a lot to me.

Obviously this girl is much bigger than that if her feet are touching the ground. People need to use some common sense. I used to try to ride my german shepherd when I was a kid. It probably looks about the same.
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Another part of this is that he is only 3 yrs old so those growing bones having to carry such a load RANT rant rant 814562 she is a slim girl but still way to big for him!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

for gods sake..........copy the google thing and send it to them.........or if you dont want them to know who its coming from. use me!!!!!! everybody knows I'm an opinionated sod!!!!!!! :devil5.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Hmm... I was always told 35-50lbs at the most... Either way we don't even put Brittany on our smaller guys because she is 35lbs and seems like a bit much (they're around the 31-32 inch mark).

You are absolutely right when you say they're meant for driving and they are strong as can be from the pulling angle of things but not built to handle the weight on their back/joints...

I hope someone pips up and defends the poor little guy... Miniatures are so kind too the little guy likely takes it and keeps on trucking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sponsored content

RANT rant rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: RANT rant rant   RANT rant rant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RANT rant rant
Page 1 of 1