Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trailer reversing and loading

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
C4B's

C4B's

Trailer reversing and loading Empty
PostSubject: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Well yesterday's trailer reversing lesson went really well, i can now reverse in almost a straight line and park the trailer ok ish!!!!.
So then i decided as the trailer was connected to the truck we should practice loading the horses, well Buck is an expert and walked straight on turned round nicely and walked straight off, Bella on the other hand leaped in and as it is a stock trailer it made one hell of a noise but she did turn round and then leap off, i put her on again she panicked threw her head up and smacked the roof bar, so me and Joan spent the next 5 hours with her getting her to put one foot in, 2 feet in, all feet in and back out gently, then get in and stay in for a while and back out gently, then get in stay in , turn round and walk out gently, all with no force, tugging, shouting etc etc, i went home and went to bed for an hour hahahahahaha.

But THANKS Joan i could not have done it without you, we make a good team!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

isn't it fun.. hahah.. hopefully by banging her head she won't try that again.. ..
Good Job learning to back the trailer.. pretty soon you will be an expert and people at the shows will be coming up to you and say.. Carol will you back my trailer up since you've done a wonderful job on yours.. hahahah..
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:28 pm

I find that I just have to think backwards when I'm backing the trailer. You know, if you want the trailer to go to the right you have to turn your steering wheel to the left. No wonder men are so good at it!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Kudos to you kid for sticking with it yesterday......most of us know all the things we should do to make this into a nice easy lesson, but dont always want to SPEND THE TIME to do it properly and without any screaming yelling twitching whipping and god knows what else.........you understand that little mare better than anyone and know how she reacts to different types of pressure......I loved it at the end when she just pops herself on, turns around and backs into place.......and the smile on your face.......PRICELESS...........WOOOOOO HOOOOO..WE ARE GOING TO THE SHOW.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:23 am

Good job! How many people do we all know that spend hours and hours on riding lessons but never a minute on trailering until they try to load their horse?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:35 am

TAMMY...........EXACTLY..........thats why they have Trailer Loading Clinics.......and we also have to remember, not everyone has a trailer to practice......I just got mine after 25years without my own.......bet we can count how many folks out there dont have one...........it should be part of Lessons though I would think........like sheath cleaning.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer reversing and loading   Trailer reversing and loading Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer reversing and loading
Page 1 of 1