Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our First English Show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shelly

shelly

Our First English Show Empty
PostSubject: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 am

So Willow and I successfully competed in our very first english show today! It was an out of town show as well as a provincial point show.
My little western horse sported braids and I hauled on some breeches....it all just felt so wrong, hahahaha! We entered the crossrail division which consisted of two o/f classes and an u/s class. We also went in english pleasure.

The morning started off with me wanting to call in quits before the classes even began. We attempted to warm up but there were horses going every which way popping over fences and Willow was not impressed. She refused a jump for the first time ever and sent me over solo. I got back on and we managed to go over the next couple together but then she tried to bolt after each landing which she has also never done before. I'm not overly confident in my english riding skills and that was enough to make me want to scratch the day. After several people reassuring me she must just be agitating by all the other horses around and things would be fine once we were alone in the ring I decided to try the unjudged warm-up course to see how things went. Willow was still a bit funny but we got through the course so I decided to give it a go.

In the end I was very glad I did. We ended up getting a 2nd and 5th o/f and 1st u/s and a 3rd in english pleasure.
I still can't believe I did it, and that I actually did good! I was so happy with my little western horse!

BTW, the western classes were on Saturday and we came out with 7 firsts, 1 second and 1 fifth, so it was an altogether awesome weekend for us!
Back to top Go down
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 am

good for you and Willow!
Back to top Go down
Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:57 am

Way to go! See, English is so fun!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:35 am

WELL DONE SHELLY..............way to go for sticking to it...............wish there had been warm up barrels at mine and bucks first show.............glad you had such a terrific weekend................WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO for you
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:41 am

Thumbs up to you and Willow for a great show. You should be proud of sticking to your guns and finishing your English classes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our First English Show   Our First English Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our First English Show
Page 1 of 1