Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**

Go down 
+7
just joan
oldsaddlebags
Paint-Lady
Wranglin'ruff
Krista
Wissy
D-Cutch
11 posters
AuthorMessage
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Empty
PostSubject: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 am

It was SOOOOO hot and sticky!!! Both kids were troppers though and made it to the end of the day still in relatively good humor!

My sister, Jessica, in the command class - she was riding my niece's horse "Moose". She had an awesome day - she is a very green rider and managed a 1st in command with 13 other participants... I was a very proud big sister.
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 1

Pep and I in the command class...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 4

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 3

We were out pretty quick... LOL Pep was feeling rather "frisky"
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 2

Jenna just chillin'...no matter where she is she always makes sure she is comfortable.
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 5

Brittany in her leadline class with three other girls. She pulled off first in this class, I think the judge liked that she had boots on not sandals.
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 7

More leadline...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 6

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 8
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 am

Brittany coming out of the costume class pretty excited with her 1st trophy...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 16

LOL...or should I say REALLY excited...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 17

Pep and I in the saddle horse in harness...we managed to pull off a first in this class... LOL did I mention we were the only entry???
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 15

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 14

Jenna after lunch...still truckin!
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 9

Jess doing the back through in trail...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 11

Jogging a little stretch in trail...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 12

Glenn didn't show he was the groom/appointed pony handler for the day... he thought Pep's "friskyness" was all my doing but alas he experienced it himself... notice my smirk???
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 13

Jess and I...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 32
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:15 am

Our niece, Taylor, in the trail class...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 10

The pony she is riding use to be Corey's (Glenn's brother) when he was a kid - he got Mr. T when he was 4 and Mr. T was 3... Mr. T is now 25 and still going strong. We've tried to buy him back multiple times...well actually everytime we talk to the girls that now own him but they won't part with him. He was quite a firecracker back in his younger days and him and Corey brought home lots of ribbons. I don't believe in bombproof horses/ponies but this fellow is as close as they come. He is phenomenal... Taylor could have thrown her reins and he would have done over half the classes himself. It was pretty special to Taylor that the girls offered to let her ride her uncle's old pony. When the boys parted with Mr. T they never thought that one day they might have kids of their own... The girls that own him have tried to retire him a few times over but he doesn't seem to want to retire. They're mother told us yesterday when they were loading the mares on the trailer he was right in the mist of everything determined to come along.

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 20

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 21

Brittany, Corey, Taylor, and Mr. T
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 31

Brittany ready to start the games!
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 24

It was a great day but I sure have one quam about the whole day... this LADY backed into Brittany's pony with her BIG HORSE and nearly knocked Brittany off her pony, scared the heck out of the pony and poor Brittany. Brittany was just sobbing in fear and the lady didn't even apologize... Brittany wanted off and was ready to pack it up for the day. CAN YOU IMAGINE? Jeepers, I knock someone or back up the wrong way and I don't hesitate to apologize for my poor steering abilities but this lady litterly rammed into her and watched Brittany balling her eyes out and didn't even check to see if she was OKAY?

:devil5.gif:

After the "ramming" incident Brittany made her uncle PROMISE her that he wouldn't let go of her... LOL poor Corey was under alot of pressure.

Around the barrels...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 22

Coming home...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 23

Down and back...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 28

Corey nearly losing his drawers... LOL
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 33

Pony broke into a lope here... LOL Brittany wasn't too sure what she thought of that..
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 34

Jenna and Lily... as you can tell by the facial expression it is getting late and the day and she lost the shoes and socks...
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 29

Group shot
A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 30

Big thanks to Sarah (Wranglin'ruff) who crash coursed my sister and I on halter/showmanship. Neither of us have a sweet clue about that stuff and well I can be a bit of a slow learner at times lol!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:20 pm

OMG.. D those pics are great it's like I was there watching.. seeing Brittany with the trophy and her great big smile.. oh my heart..
the story of Mr. T.. and seeing Brittany on him with her dad and uncle beside her.. wonderful.. And Look at that Jenna.. coming along.. she'll be next with big sis Brit helping her along give her pointers.. hahahah..
Corey's pants falling down was to funny.. lol... and D.. really it's all about the kids isn't it.. giving them memories they will never forget.. and family ties.. wow... you have a wonderful family.. A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 775395
Back to top Go down
Krista

Krista

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm

The girls are too cute!!! Mr T rocks, I swear, that pony can do just about anything and do it well!
Back to top Go down
Wranglin'ruff

Wranglin'ruff

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Brittany did an amazing job out there :flower: Was she ever proud of her trophies!!!

Mr.T IS an amazing pony. I have never seen that pony spook or show any dirt, ever! And I have been going to shows with them for atleast 5 years now.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm

LOL from the stories the boys tell he was the very opposite of quiet when they started him - he came to them as a 2 year old and he was still a little stud then. When Corey use to ride him he'd always rear up before he took off for the barrels/poles - he still does a little jump but nothing like the big rear he did in the past.
Back to top Go down
Paint-Lady

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 am

Those are great! Thanks for sharing! I just love seeing the young ones having so much fun!
Back to top Go down
oldsaddlebags

oldsaddlebags

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:12 am

Kudos to you guys for showing your daughter to do things right the first time in safety. Helmet, jeans, boots are mandatory and safe. You guys looked awesome. Congrats on everything, you looked like you were having fun and that's the main thing. A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** 197264 :EX.gif:

I hear ya on the jittery horse thing.I do the same to my mare too. Although, I must say, this summer I have been much better at it. I even did some barrels and poles with her a month ago and had a blast. I didn't even feel jittery. I must be "finally" growing up. { 47 :cwmddd.gif: }
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 am

did you get the lady slipper es truck number, or her name...........I can have her fixed if you like.....no money need change hands!!!!!!! what a pisser............on to other great things though D..........super super super pics.......love all the stories and HER PURPLE HEAD THINGY............OMG.........what a great family you have,, even wee Jenna happy as a clam.............LOVE IT............real treasures!! :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Awww -what great pics!!!! Was that in Alberton? I love that your whole family is involved with the horses, with us, none of our kids are interested beyond the odd sleigh ride in the winter - and they hide in the house while we put the horse away LOL! Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:45 pm

thanks for sharing the pictures and the stories. Especially the history behind Mr. T. Awesome! I can't believe that lady didn't even acknowledge that she backed into Brit. I can imagine the mama bear in you was on high alert. I'm not sure I wouldn't have said something to her (after Kayla was out of ear shot). Despite the miserable old bat, it looks like you guys had a great family day. The memories will stay forever. May I suggest that Glenn's brother invest in some suspenders when doing the games? Good timing to have been able to get a snap of him trying to adjust his drawers!

Brit seems to be enjoying her new pony. They look so cute together! I hear that Sham Wows are great for polishing trophies!
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:38 am

Great Pictures .....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:58 am

Great memories! Brittany is going to be one Bleeding heart of a horse woman when she gets a bit older. I think the boys were enjoying the games as much as she was, look at those smiles!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**   A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Great Day at the Ex **picture overload**
Page 1 of 1