Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP

Go down 
+12
C4B's
SexyDexy
Ellie*Mae
just joan
Loves Color
D-Cutch
Simi
charlo
Wissy
Freva
SnapHappyHillbilly
morningstaracres
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Empty
PostSubject: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 pm

ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)
NUKES LOBELL - QUICKLY DEAR - DIRECT SCOOTER

AKA "Pirate"

04/26/1997 - 11/8/2009

It is with a sad heart that we have to share that Pirate our loving Black STB gelding has crossed over to the greener pastures of Rainbow Bridge.

He was well loved and will be dearly missed.

Pirate was a fabulous racer and did very well for his owners and became a loving horse to ride after he arrived at Morning Star Acres 3 years ago.

RIP my friend. May there be no more pain and suffering......

Pirate was peacefully laid to rest and will always be close to our hearts......

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Piratetraining4

A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP 090804053151675474
Back to top Go down
http://morningstaracres.tripod.com/
SnapHappyHillbilly

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 am

So sorry for your loss! :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.scuffedboots.ca
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:16 am

So sorry to hear of your loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 am

Oh.. I'm so sad to hear that.. Sorry for your family's loss .. my heart goes out to all of you.
Back to top Go down
charlo

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:45 am

I'm very sorry for you loss... :hugs2.gif:
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:51 am

So sorry .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 am

So sorry to hear of your loss...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Loves Color

Loves Color

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 am

Very sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 am

Your daughter and Pirate had come such a long way together..........they taught each other many wonderful things. He had a great life at your home being allowed to be a horse and having lots of fun and love. I am truly sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: Pirate   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:42 pm

just joan wrote:
Your daughter and Pirate had come such a long way together..........they taught each other many wonderful things. He had a great life at your home being allowed to be a horse and having lots of fun and love. I am truly sorry for your loss

Thanks everyone.....Joan Thankyou for your kind words..He was a very special horse throughout all his life wether at the racetrack or here with us...Many many hours of pleasure and return loved on his part....He will be deeply missed here and it will take me some time to get over this....I loved him dearly....We all did.....It sure was not the same this morning going out there and not seeing there with the others.....
Back to top Go down
Ellie*Mae

Ellie*Mae

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:46 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss, Giselle, hugs to you and your family... A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP 757770
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 pm

I feel for you right now because I know what you are going through. Although I did not expect it to be, it was one of the hardest things I ever dealt with.

Pirate was lucky to have a great home after his racing career. He obviously brought you and your family a lot of joy in his time at your place.

RIP Pirate
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 pm

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. ---John Vance Cheney

So sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 pm

I am so sorry for your loss,
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: Azur   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:28 pm

SexyDexy wrote:
I feel for you right now because I know what you are going through. Although I did not expect it to be, it was one of the hardest things I ever dealt with.

Pirate was lucky to have a great home after his racing career. He obviously brought you and your family a lot of joy in his time at your place.

RIP Pirate

Azur Pirate was a lucky horse...The worse part was emailing his registered owners who loved him dearly and never stop beleiving how much a great race horse he was.They are also very sadeneed by the news and it breaks my heart....

Here is what happened as too many people want to know since we had not talked about the accident.

I won't go into large details....He basically ran off and chased the fenceline to end up going through the woods - a rocky area and large tres and through a square link fence tearing his rear legs....We tried to stop him but he kept on going and by the time we found him he had cuts on his legs chest and face.....The fence was a square link and he took it from the outide from the woods and we did not see him until he was back in pasture with the others.......From what we could gather was he may have fallen through the rock wall that has been between properties for possibly 75 years......It was a high enough rock wall with branches from clearing the fenceline 2 years ago so large branches outside the pasture area of which laid on top of the wall....It is so very hard to describe...You keep them safe until they take a wrong turn.....Pirate that day took a wrong turn and ran from the woods......Had be taken any other route he would still be here today......

All our fencing is safe...I still today cannot understand why he took the wooded route.......It will sadden me for a very long time.......
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: pirate   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 pm

C4B's wrote:
The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. ---John Vance Cheney

So sorry for your loss

I simply adore this quote....thankyou C4B's
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Will be thinking of you..............
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: Pirate   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:24 pm

thanks everyone. it has been a day of crying and crying over and over again.....

Does the feeling of "Maybe I could have done more ever go away or did I do the right thing "

I can't stop thinking about it......I hardly slept last night.....<aybe I am just to sensitive and maybe people will say it is stupid or silly but this was teh first time I have had to make such a tough decision for a horse.......

Thanks for all your good thoughts...
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 pm

THE THOUGHTS NEVER EVER GO AWAY, you just do the best you can each time...and you have to remember, you ARE the only one who can make the decisions fairly and honestly with care and devotion............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
imarowdyrebel

imarowdyrebel

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:56 am

so sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:34 am

My heart aches for you, you made the decision you had to make and it was the best decision for the horse, he would thank you for it, i can only imagine the injuries, but you did what was best for him as hard as it was, let your self cry and grieve for him, and our thoughts are with you............

and anybody that would say it was silly or stupid is not a friend or anybody worth knowing........ i think every body on this site would be feeling the same as you and we all feel for you and support you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: pirate   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:40 am

although on the surface the injuries seemed not too bad it was inside and underneath that hid all the details.

I thankyou so much C4B's and joan.....and everyone else for the kinds thoughts....

we are going to be planting a tree this fall to mark his grave and be sure that his spirit continues to grow.........Thanks everyone......It is never easy........
Back to top Go down
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Quote :
Does the feeling of "Maybe I could have done more ever go away or did I do the right thing "

Like Joan said, that feeling doesn't go away. I still beat myself up about the course of events the night Major was put down. However, I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we decide and the results of those decisions, we will always second guess. In reality, at the time those decisions are made it is your gut instinct telling you what to do. As with most things that first instinct is usually right. At the time there was no doubt in my mind what needed to be done. After, when you actually have time to let it sink in, is when the doubt and guilt starts to surface.

You did what was best for Pirate in a time of need. You eased his pain and prevented him from enduring any further pain. Take comfort in that. :882297.gif:
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Pirate is very fortunate to have loving owners such as he has, who are able to make decisions for him in his time of need - decisions that are for his benefit and nothing else. I'm sure he would thank you. Let yourselves grieve for the loss but also let yourselves rejoice in the memories that he gave you.
Back to top Go down
morningstaracres

morningstaracres

PostSubject: pirate   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Thankyou Tammy......Pirate was a fortunate horse...Not many STBS can be as well cared for as him. We thrive in trying our best to gt them good homes but we feel cretainly at a loss to have this happene to us....

He is missed dearly....But will be remembered forever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP   A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H)  RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A very bad/sad day ISLAND UP TO PAR (SB4188, H) RIP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next