Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Empty
PostSubject: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Stretch was laying down today. And stayed laying down even when anyone approached the paddock. I went over to him and he didn't get up. There was tightness around his nostrils, which in him usually means that his belly is uncomfortable. I got him up and lead him around a little. He seemed lame on his front right. Also the skin on his right side was "ripply". I don't know how to describe it other than it was like he had dimples or little bumps all over his skin. But only on the right side. His temperature was normal. I gave him a good feeling over and all I could find was a wasp bite under his right arm pit. The wasps are unreal this year!

He is drinking and eating hay. Right now he is standing up and snoozing. I can tell he isn't himself though because when I go up to him he tries to crawl into my lap. Hard to imagine, but that's how I describe it.

I'm wondering if he's having a mild allergic reaction to the wasp bite? Has anyone seen signs/symptoms like this before?
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:13 pm

sorry Tammy, cant say that I have. Hope the big fella is back to his normal self soon and that thats all it is.
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm

We have one of our Paint mares, Moochie who has a skin reaction like you are discribing, ripply and bumpy and a tad tender to the touch at the same time each summer. We feel it is to some insect that must be passing though at that time. We have tried sprays but it has happened the past two years. It passes in a few days. I hope that will be the case with Stretch. Keep us posted!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:35 am

Sounds like it's the same thing that Moochie gets. He's still rippled this morning and a little "owie" when he moves but is otherwise behaving normally. How long did things last with Moochie?

And how did she get the name Moochie?!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm

It does sound quite similar. I am not sure what it is that bothers Moochie but it has happened about the same time for the past 2 years. I will look over pics and see if I can find a pic of her when she might have been reacting. Her rippling lasted for about a week and then seemed to be gone as quickly as it came. Unlike Stretch she wasn't lame but it could be the location of where he was bitten that is tender with him. I hope he seems better today.

Oh yes...Moochie's registered name is Me Moocho Denero so she goes by Mooch or Moochie.
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 pm

horse i used to own had an allergic reaction to wasp stings but the stings them selves never healed they turned into fat deposits under the skin that just looked like a bump on her skin
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Stretch's bumpy skin seems to be almost gone. He's definitely feeling better because he was quite full of himself today!
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Stretch and Moochie's reaction sound almost identical in type and time frame. So glad to hear that he is getting back to his old self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?   ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALLERGIC REACTION TO WASP BITE?
Page 1 of 1