Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shoulder problem..

Go down 
+5
Barefoot_Horsegirl
SexyDexy
Beeze
D-Cutch
Simi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Simi
Mod
Simi

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 am

My shoulder has been bothering me for over a month.. when i was getting ready for the banquet I noticed that my right shoulder sits was lower than my left and I can never keep my bra strap up on that side.. I can't lay on my right side and my shoulder gets very painful I just chalked it up to carrying water buckets etc in the barn and of course old age. Now I am wondering do i just go to a chiropractor or the dr's first?
Frig first my eye and now my shoulder I am falling apart on my right side...
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 am

Sounds like rotator cuff.... if that's the case physiotherapy and depending on the severity surgery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Simi
Mod
Simi

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:41 am

well that don't sound good I was hoping it could be snapped back in place and away i got..
Back to top Go down
Beeze

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:59 am

If it's not what D-Cutch mentioned, it more than likely can be fixed with an adjustment from a chiro.
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 am

I'm not a doctor but I have miserable rotator cuff problems from playing volleyball and what you describe sounds very similar to what I have... both of my shoulder actually dropped from over extending my rotator cuff and have caused my neck to tilt one way... LOL so in all my school pictures I look like a tool with my head tipped one way.

Physiotherapy can go a long way in helping you to retrain the muscles you've lost while over extending your rotator cuff.

If you are carrying a heavy water buckets...you "may" be picking up the buckets and instead of sticking your chest our which forces you to drop your shoulder blades and tuck them together to carry the buckets with your large lat/back muscles and some bicep/tricep your are actually keeping your arms straight and sort of letting the buckets weight you down on the front end/kind of feeling a pull at the tops of your shoulders when you pick them up which means using your shoulders in excess and over extending your rotator cuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 am

I had the same troubles in my right shoulder a couple years ago. I couldn't move my arm in certian directions, front to back mostly. It would get really bad during the fall and winter when I'm doing a lot of heavy lifting; harvesting at work and dragging hay and water at home. It took almost 9 months before I noticed it getting better. Then the left elbow started. Was so bad last winter that after a couple minutes of scoopong poop and my arm was like a dead weight.

I didn't have any treatments and couldn't really follow what the doctor said and rest the joints. Things need to get done. My elbow got better over the summer when there was less to do witht he horses and work. I suspect it will likely flare up again tis winter. Now that I have a medical plan I will be seeking the help of a physiotherapist though.
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:28 am

I fell down in the drive way a few years ago after we had got a cab home from the bar and I hit a patch of ice. I injured my rotator cuff in the process of trying to stop my fall. Physio helped A LOT and so did a hot magic bag. I'm sure you can find exercises online too.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot I may go to the dr's and than go from tier i have medical so that will help allot..
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:52 pm

shoot...........sure hope its not something that needs surgery CJ........but I can help with rehabilitation excercises and a few cuss words to help along the way if necessary...............dont leave it too long to get in and have someone really take a look............
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
just joan
Mod
just joan

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:54 pm

quit trying to catch up to me with all your new medical problems woman!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lb-ranch

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:57 pm

lol, same boat here. Mine's been pretty bad for the last year, finally my husband had enough of me moaning in my sleep when I roll over on it that he said make a Dr appt or he would. Went Monday and Dr booked me for X ray's this Thurs, she said either rotator cuff or acl ligament damage, She said most likely she'll give me a cortisone shot thurs after she views the xrays. will let you know how mine makes out.
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:59 pm

I LOVE CORTISONE SHOTS.............might just be a temporary fix, but it sure beats surgery and or just continued pain!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 pm

CJ.. I think going to the Doc first and see what he/she says.. then like you said take it from there..
Sometimes we hurt ourselves when we are younger.. but it comes around and bites you on the buttercup once we get older.. I know .. my knee is shot.. nothing they can do at this point.. it's good most of the time.. but when it's bad it is really bad.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I don't wanna get old.. or should I say older.. blah it sucks
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 pm

A visit to the doctor is definitely in order. A visit to the spa probably won't hurt either. Have a really good back massage and have them concentrate on the area. Sometimes it's muscles that are all knotted up from the way that we move. I hold all my stress in my shoulders so I end up not having a neck. After a good massage my neck gets longer because the shoulders are actually relaxed. Something like going from being a football player to a ballerina. (ewwwww ... not a pretty picture either way you look at it!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoulder problem.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder problem..   Shoulder problem.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoulder problem..
Page 1 of 1