Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LIFE ON THE ROCK

Go down 
+6
Jolie
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
Bay-Lee
just joan
Freva
Tammy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Now that winter is coming we are trying to get stuff done before it's too cold. Last year I had "valve issues" with my water. Lord Gord had originally installed a supposedly freeze-proof valve for my barn water. Well, it froze a few times so I had to break out the hair dryer. And when it didn't freeze, the darned thing leaked so I ended up with a small skating rink beside my water hose. I must have done enough grumbling that he decided he didn't want to listen to it all winter so last weekend he gave me an upgrade. I now have a REALLY cute little door for my water valve. The valve has been changed to a ball valve and it has a heating element attached to it. It'll sure make things easier, plus it's REALLY, REALLY cute. Did I mention that it's cute?

[LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1966

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1969

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1970

The other night I was getting cabin fever from being inside with Kayla. Other than quickly nipping outside to throw hay I've been shackled to the poor little monkey. She's pretty sick! I've been waiting until Lord Gord gets home so that I can do the stalls. A few nights ago I actually had the time to brush the boys - and they were dry enough to brush. We've had alot of wet weather so the rolling conditions have been ideal for the little dirt bags. Here's what I'm talking about.

Stretch before his spa treatment.

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1972

He really IS black!

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1973

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1975

A few after pictures. I had to wear safety glasses when I brushed him because the dirt and gravel was coming off him in clouds. You could see his hoof marks on the mats whenever he moved. He's getting a really nice thick winter coat this year. When it comes in he turns dappled.

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1976

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1977

Barney decided he wanted to take Stretch for a walk. Didn't get far!

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1979

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1980

These are Thunder's before pictures. As you can see, he not only likes to roll outside in the gravel but also in his stall as soon as he comes in. I've started the boys on Equilizer and what a difference it has made in their coats. This is the first time that Thunder's coat has not been dry and flakey. He came out just gleaming! And in case you are wondering, YES - he's suffering from FPS (fat pony syndrome).

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1981

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1983

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1984

Here's the little fuzzy-butt after. I was very impressed with the way he turned out!

LIFE ON THE ROCK IMG_1986
Back to top Go down
Freva

Freva

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:09 pm

You have to give your boys credit...they really know how to roll. They are just glistening after your hard work. AND I have to agreee...that valve setup is really cute. Everything is so neat and tidy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BARN SET UP...........the valve thingy is definately CUTE...........but the boys sure do look PURDY once you get all that riding ring off of them!!!
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Bay-Lee

Bay-Lee

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 am

love your barn, the horsie's look great
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:38 am

Gotta love this time of year for all the dirt :roll:

they look very nice and shiny after!
Back to top Go down
Jolie

Jolie

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 am

Can I just say that I love your barn, I was looking at how nice the wood looked in all the pics, lol.

Your horses look awesome after their makeover
Back to top Go down
Becca

Becca

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 am

prince has been covered every day this week too because of the rain! its apsolutely discusting out lately!

the boys look great tammy :) hope to see you around soon!
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:17 pm

they both look great. Hope Kayla is feeling better soon
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 am

Your barn is beautiful......I know it sucks brushing off muddy horses but you always feel good after you do it....It is another one of our weriod satisfactions we get as horse owners!!!
Your horses look great!!!
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 am

LOL I see why you needed safety glasses!!

Both of your boys look great... all that winter fuzzyness coming in :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Sponsored content

LIFE ON THE ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFE ON THE ROCK   LIFE ON THE ROCK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIFE ON THE ROCK
Page 1 of 1