Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Custom Hats By Sue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hats By Sue

Custom Made Cowboy Hats

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos

Go down 
+13
Oakie Dokie
Wissy
Barefoot_Horsegirl
Sailorgirl
C4B's
lb-ranch
just joan
Simi
SexyDexy
Dun Tru
RobinsKelticBuckaroo
~TC~
Freva
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Freva

Freva

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Empty
PostSubject: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 pm

I have posted pics of most of our horses but not too many of our Grand Dam, Charm. She was 33 on May 24 and is our offical pasture ornament. She has spent that past few summers with my sister and her horses who are mere youngsters at 23, 25. If you look closely at my avitar you can see her standing under the tree.

Charm and I will be celebrating 33 years together on Friday. I brought her home on November 6, 1976. She was a skinny little bay filly that I bought with 2 years worth of babysitting money. She wasn't too much to look at at the time but I thought she was beautiful and still do. Her registered name is Four Aces Charm, she was born in Ontario and brought to NB with 6 other foals in a cap on the back of a halfton after being weaned at 2 months old. She had a rough start but I lke to think that helped make her tough. We have both gone gray together and any weight she has lost, I seem to have gained so I guess we are still working as a team. She and I showed for a few years and after I was married my sister rode her for a couple of seasons as well. She has been a great broodmare and produced 10 beautiful foals for us. She can be a stubborn and pig headed at times but then again so can I...maybe that has been our secret.

Thanks, Charm for 33 wonderful years

Today after arriving back home

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos CharmNov309008

On her 33rd Birthday

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Charmat33

Two old dames

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos CharmNov309005

A long, long time ago

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos CharmNovember1976

*****UPDATE*****

I went through some old albums and a few more pics. I apologize for the quality of some of the pictures...they were taken with a little instatmatic long before my first 35mm even. Charm produced 10 foals between 1981 and 1997, 6 AQHA and 4 Paints. I found pics of 6 of the 10. Still looking...bringing back lots of memories...gotta love pictures.

Pic of Charm as a four year old

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos 1980

Foal #2 Filly Candida Jack by Cleawater Jack 1982

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos LastScan

Foal # 3 Filly Patsy's Charm 1984 by Patsy Redwood

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos PatsysCharm1983filly

Foal #5 Filly Aces Silver Lace 1989 by Silver Rocks Orion

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos AcesSiverLace

Foal #7 Colt Cowboys Thunder 1992 by Scenics Cowboy

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos CowboysThunder

Foal #8 Colt Charms Last Charm 1994 by Scenics Cowboy

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos CharmsLastChance07

Foal #10 Filly Texas Heartbreaker 1997 by Forum Texas Double

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Bestforlast
Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos TexasHeartbreaker

Last edited by Freva on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/fvpstables
~TC~

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 am

Wow...great story!

I hope I have my Katie that long... It makes me happy to think we are not even half way there yet... (She is only 12)..

Thanks for sharing. :)
Back to top Go down
RobinsKelticBuckaroo

RobinsKelticBuckaroo

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am

That is beautiful! She is in very good shape!

I also hope to have Dawson that long :)
Back to top Go down
Dun Tru

Dun Tru

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 am

Aww you two are so lucky to have one another!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.meadowbrookstables.8k.com
SexyDexy

SexyDexy

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:17 am

That is a long time to have a her, you must have a great bond with eachother.

I was at your brother's business in Debert last week and he was telling me about this horse you've had for so long. Pretty sure he said Charm.
Back to top Go down
Simi
Mod
Simi

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:36 am

Awesome girl she looks great... Thanks for sharing your story and pictures....
Back to top Go down
http://www.maritime-equestrians.com
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:18 am

what fabulous memories you must have............sure would like to see pictures of all 10 of her foals........you both look mighty COOL in the original picture. She looks like a real GRAND DAM for sure

HAPPY BIRHTDAY CHARM........ :birday-8.gif:
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
lb-ranch

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:30 am

She looks amazing for a grand old gal
lovely story, rarely do horses get history that long with one owner.
she's a very lucky horse
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Happy 33 years of togetherness for you both!! how great that you still have her, she is a pretty girl i do like Bay's......i too would like to see pictures of all her foals if you have them...
Back to top Go down
Sailorgirl

Sailorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Awww what a heart-warming story...love her pics now and when she was a baby!
Back to top Go down
Barefoot_Horsegirl

Barefoot_Horsegirl

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Wonderful! What a lucky little filly she was to have you buy her 33 years ago! Few horses get the love and care that you've given your old girl. She looks great for 33.
Back to top Go down
Wissy
Mod
Wissy

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 pm

wonderful.. she looks amazing.. like Joan's Abbey.. what great lives they have..
Happy Birthday Charm!!!!!!!!! Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos 642665 Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos 642665
Back to top Go down
Oakie Dokie

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:38 am

She is just a jem!!! What an awsome story!!!!! Were there any times that you thought you might lose her to colic of foaling issues but she always pulled through??? you two are very lucky to have each other.....
Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos 709760

I hope to have the same story to tell when Oakie gets older......
Back to top Go down
D-Cutch

D-Cutch

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:01 am

Happy 33 :flower:

That is definitely something very special!!

Fabulous pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pphfarms.com
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:37 am

Thanks everybody. Charm is pretty special. She spends the summer months with my sister who pampers and spoils her like crazy. She just came home for the winter a few days ago. She has a wonderful love/hate relationship with my hubby and didn't want to come in for him the first night she was back home. She ran in the opposite direction the whole lenght of the pasture and he went after her grumbling something about.."old nag...stay out if you want to..etc" but he walked the lenght of the field to go get her only to have her run back to the barn...over the hill he came grumbling something about "...gonna outlive me yet" BUT he made sure that she had lots extra bedding and fine hay etc.....he's a softie.
She has always been vey healthy. A few years ago she developed some calcuim deposits in a front foot but other than that she is doing fine. She had a lame spell earlier this summer but my sister think now that perhaps she may have cast herself in her stall one night and was lame from that. The lamenes is almost all gone and mobility has slowed done but she can stay ahead of a grumbling hubby so she is doin' fine. She always went way overdue when foaling but always foaled without any problem and I have never had her colic.
I feel very fortunate to have had this long experience with her. My sister has also had her mare from birth and they have almost 26 years together so we are both lucky.

I also will try to post pics of some of Charm's foals. I have pics of some of them.....a lot of years to go back through to find them..I will do my best.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am

this warms my heart. What a team you two are. And I have pictures in my head of hubby walking after her and grumbling all the way. Sounds like something Lord Gord would do - and then give her an extra treat!
Back to top Go down
threehorses

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:20 am

I was touched by the story of you and this horse.....too bad all horses couldn't be so lucky. She does look great; and I also had quite a chuckle picturing your husband trying to get her. Sounds like she was having a great time at his expense Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Lol
Back to top Go down
naughty by nature

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:06 pm

what a great story congrats on being together for 33 years.
My mom and i joke that our 45 year old pony will need to be willed to my grandkids
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 pm

So this is the old lady you always talk about.. Congrats on the 33rd anniversary!!! She's a very lucky gal to have had such a great life!
Back to top Go down
just joan
Mod
just joan

Location : THE BULLSHIT STOPS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEIN PHADRUIG CAPE BRETON

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 am

she sure got better at giving you beautiful babies as she went along.............the painted babies are amazing........do you still know where they are too or is that waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo much to hope for................glad you had a chance to find great pictures ............ :cowboyhound.gi
Back to top Go down
http://1155thebucketlist.blogspot.com/
Freva

Freva

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 pm

All of Charm's foals were nice, the earlier pics don't do those babies justice. She had 2 blood bays, a black bay, black and 2 chestnut. All of her Paint babies colored. The other Paint foal was a sabino filly out of Nimbleflitsredneck. I have managed to keep track of most of the foals over the years. A few are now deceased. The oldest is now 24 and still going strong and lives not too far away.
Back to top Go down
C4B's

C4B's

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:17 pm

wow!!!!! she gave you some nice foals, i esp love the 2 by "Scenic cowboy" beautiful !!!!!! must be nice going for a trip down memory lane !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos   Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and My Girl****Update with foal photos
Page 1 of 1